Please discuss everything with your doctor first. | Research-Backed Erectile Supplements
|Can't figure out the cause of your E.D.? Check out these 15 Natural Cures.|
|Combine supplements for max erectile strength? Go with This Approach.|
5. Testosterone Protection. Testosterone is the "Sex Hormone," and, in my link on The Causes of Andropause, I discuss how mitochondrial damage is likely one of the root causes of the age-related loss in testosterone that almost all men experience. CoQ10 is known for its mitochondria-protecting superpowers and, therefore, may very well help protect your testosterone over the decades as well.
NOTE: CoQ10 can be expensive in health food stores, but is very reasonably priced on Amazon: Swanson Coq10 100 100 mg Softgels. CoQ10 is poorly absorbed and must be taken with a little fat and ideally a little Vitamin E as well. (Always talk to your doc first and see Caution below.)
6. Libido Protection. Dopamine could be termed the "Sex Neurotransmitter." As I point out in my link on Natural Dopamine Increasers, CoQ10 is also famed for preserving brain dopamine and thus may help with sexual desire and libido.
7. Fertility. Several studies have shown that CoQ10 improves sperm factors and fertility. 
8. Wrinkle Reduction. Topical CoQ10 can also reduce wrinkles if done in the right proportions. There are various Do It Yourself formulations out there, including the Info Packs at Smart Skin Care. What does that have to do with sex? We all know that half of performance is self-confidence and looking better can help dramatically. See my link on Wrinkle Reduction for Men for other ideas as well.
CAUTION: The only caution that I know of with CoQ10 is that one study showed that women with the highest levels of CoQ10 had an increased risk of breast cancer.  This contradicts the work of other researchers, though, who have used CoQ10 to treat cancer. See my link on Alternative Cancer Treatments for more details.
1) Atherosclerosis, 2011 Jun, 216(2):395-401. Epub 2011 Feb 17, "Reversal of mitochondrial dysfunction by coenzyme Q10 supplement improves endothelial function in patients with ischaemic left ventricular systolic dysfunction: a randomized controlled trial"
2) Diabetes Care, 2009 May, 32(5):810-2, Epub 2009 Feb 19, "Coenzyme Q10 improves endothelial dysfunction in statin-treated type 2 diabetic patients"
3) Int J Cardiolm 2005 Feb 28, 98(3):413-9, "Influence of coenzyme Q(10) and cerivastatin on the flow-mediated vasodilation of the brachial artery: results of the ENDOTACT study"
4) J Hum Hypertens. 2007 Apr;21(4):297-306. Epub 2007 Feb 8. "Coenzyme Q10 in the treatment of hypertension: a meta-analysis of the clinical trials"
6) Mitochondrion 2007, 7(suppl 1):S154–S167, "Coenzyme Q10 in cardiovascular disease"
7) J Pharmacol Sci. 2008 Jun;107(2):128-37, "Beneficial effect of coenzyme Q10 on increased oxidative and nitrative stress and inflammation and individual metabolic components developing in a rat model of metabolic syndrome"
8) Fertility and Sterility, Jan 2004, 81(1):93-98, "Coenzyme q10 supplementation in infertile men with idiopathic asthenozoospermia: an open, uncontrolled pilot study"
9) Molecular Aspects of Medicine, 1997, 18(1):213-219, "The effect of coenzyme Q10 on sperm motility and function"
|WHAT LOW T DOES:|