|Can't figure out the cause of your E.D.? Check out these 15 Natural Cures.|
|Combine supplements for max erectile strength? Go with This Approach.|
So then the “Mercola question” remains: is organic, extra virgin coconut oil somehow an exception?
The answer was clearly shown in the famous "cake and shake" study - which used pristine, organic, virgin coconut oil - where researchers clearly found that flow-mediated dilation decreased by 32% after coconut oil consumption and only 17% after safflower oil (3 hours post-meal).  Once again, researchers found that saturated fat impairs blood flow, but the Paleo crowd just refused to accept it.
Their weird arguments are all over the internet and so you can read those if you want. But all I have to say is this: there is no conspiracy here. Maximum erections require maximum blood flow, so if you want to eat saturated fat, then consider doing the following:
1) Take fish oil or consume fish as research has shown this will partially overcome the negative effects of saturated fat. I cover this issue in more detail in my link on Dietary Fats.
2) Exercise frequently (a couple times per day)
3) Consider eating a few walnuts as this also has been shown to partially overcome the blood flow issue of saturated fat. I cover this elsewhere on my site. (See my link on The Two F's: Fat and Fiber for more details.)
Even then, though, I don't really recommend deliberately trying to increase your saturated fat consumption. Animal studies show that coconut oil by itself will push cholesterol (and possibly triglyceride) levels much higher than compared to fish oil.  Dr. Weil gives a very balanced response for those interested.  Please read these links on The Many Dangers of Saturated Fat and The Many Dangers of the Atkins/Paleolithic/Low Carb Diet for more information.
Leave the coconut oil and saturated fat for the young guys. After twenty years (unless they are extremely careful), they'll end up with clogged arteries just like the rest of the West and will have to start researching the Ornish Diet to try to clear out all that arterial plaque and improve blood flow for erections. (The Mediterranean Diet is another excellent choice.
CAUTION: If you have a medical condition or are on any medications, please discuss any changes with your doctor first. Certain supplements, foods and even juices can alter absorption rates of certain medications for example. Play it safe.
1) Journal of the American College of Cardiology, Aug 2006, 48(4):715-720, "Consumption of Saturated Fat Impairs the Anti-Inflammatory Properties of High-Density Lipoproteins and Endothelial Function"
2) Arteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology, 2005; 25: 1274-1279, "Flow-Mediated Dilatation Is Impaired by a High–Saturated Fat Diet but Not by a High-Carbohydrate Diet"
3) Journal of the American College of Cardiology, 2006; 48(4): 715-720, "Consumption of Saturated Fat Impairs the Anti-Inflammatory Properties of High-Density Lipoproteins and Endothelial Function"
|WHAT LOW T DOES:|