Please discuss everything with your doctor first. | Research-Backed Erectile Supplements
|Can't figure out the cause of your E.D.? Check out these 15 Natural Cures.|
|Combine supplements for max erectile strength? Go with This Approach.|
6) Raw Cocoa. Like Maca mentioned above, this really is not a supplement by the typical definition, but is much closer to a natural beverage consumed by the natives of some regions of the globe. One these native peoples, The Kuna, had stellar cardiovascular health and one of their secrets was (and is) abundant raw cocoa. (Almost all cocoa sold in standard supermarkets has been heavily boiled and losting almost all of its nitric oxide superpowers.) How can you get your hands on raw cocoa? Well, its not as hard as you might think, thanks to some health food companies such as Navitas that sell the Navitas Organic Raw Cacao Power. For more information, see my link on Raw Cocoa and Erectile Strength.
7) Beet Root Extract. One of the things that I emphasize in my book, The Peak Erectile Strength Diet, is that you can boost through foods nitric oxide and blood flow. One of the keys to this strategy is to consume plant-based foods heavy in nitrates. One of the food highest in nitrate content are beets and scientist have discovered scores of benefits from consuming beetroot juice because of it. For example, there are several studies that show beetroot juice can improve exercise performance. (See my link on Beetroot Juice for details.)
Beetroot Extract has also done very well in the studies, particularly in the area of fighting cancer interestingly enough. The good news is that jt is dirt cheap and should boost nitric oxide a little as well for beleaguered middle-aged and senior men everywhere: Nature's Way Beet Root Powder Capsules.
8) Icariin Extact. Icariin, the chief phytochemical in Horny Goat Weed, gives this herb its erectile superpowers. Viagra and Cialis are PDE5 Inhibitors and Icariin is one as well. It is significantly less powerful than Viagra and Cialis but the 10+% extracts give a significant dosage and generally with many less side effects. Icariin also has antioxidant and other properties that seem to give it actual healing properties. Many men have had excellent results with products such as Source Naturals Horny Goat Weed Extract (Epimedium) 1000mg, which has 10% Icariin. For additional information, see this link on Icariin for more information.
9) CoQ10. CoQ10 has many excellent properties and has been extensively studied. It is well-known for its mitochondrial protective powers and is used in alternative medicine for a variety of conditions, including gum disease. But what few men know is that it helps the body preserve nitric oxide and, yes, that has been shown in several studies to increase blood flow. The benefit is mostly for those men 40 and older and especially those with endothelial dysfunction.
10) Fish Oil. Fish Oil is not directly an erectile supplement, but I mention it here becuase one European study found that it helped endothelial function and nitric oxide output (in diabetic patients) and that is just what the doctor ordered.  Yet another study found that fish oil increased the elasticity of arteries, i.e. their "expandability".  Yes, we males want nice expandable blood vessels that allow blood to flow into the penis. Fish oil also protects against inflammation, a huge erection-fighter, and triglycerides, which will clog up penile arteries faster than you can say, "Pass the bacon." It may even optimize free testosterone while it's at it! For more information about fish and fish oil and how it benefits the heart and penis, please read The Many Benefits of Fish and Fish Oil here. CAUTION.: It's very easy to buy rancid fish oil, which will do more harm than good, and fish can have mercury and PCB's. Read my link on Fish and Fish Oil for how to consume your omega-3's safely.
CAUTION: Gingko. Gingko, like Pycnogenol, strengthens the activity of Nitric Oxide Synthase (NOS), making it a viable erectile dysfunction supplement.  Furthermore, animal studies have shown that Gingko relaxes in a dose-dependent fashion arteries, including those all-important ones supplying blood to the penis. Direct evidence that Gingko improves erectile dysfunction and impotence in a significant way is still lacking, but any herb that increases Nitric Oxide will help males struggling in this area. (This is an herb can be purchased inexpensively even in places like Wal Mart.) NOTE: Gingko Biloba is often tauted as improving erections in men with erectile dysfunction that had resulted from taking antidepressants. However, the studies have actually shown mixed results in this area. CAUTION: Care should be exercised with this supplement as Gingko thins the blood and has several drug interactions including NSAIDs and anticoagulants.
4) Phytotherapy Research 2002,16:1-5; Nutrition Research,2001,21:1251-1260;Nutrition Research, 2003,23: 1189-1198;Life Sciences,2004,74:855-862
5) J Urol 2002; 168:2070-3
6) Asian J Androl 2007;9(2):241-4
7) Intl Journ Cardio 2005 Feb 28, 98(3):413-9
8) Eur Heart Journ 2007 28(18):2249-2255
9) Urology 2004 Apr,63(4):641-646
10) Curr Med Res Opin, 2004 Sep,20(9):1377-1384
11) Amer Jour Clin Nutr, 2007 Sep,86(3):610-7
12) Amer Jour Cardio,2007 Aug 1,100(3):455-8
13) Am Jour Clin Nutr, Apr 2007, 85(4):1068-74
15) J Cardiovasc Pharmacol,1998,32:509-515
16) Hum Psychopharmacol,2002,17:279-284
17) Gen Pharmacol,1982,13:169-171;Gen Pharmacol,1982,13:225-230;Gen Pharmacol,1983,14:277-280
18) J Clin 17) Gen Pharmacol,1982,13:169-171;Gen Pharmacol,1982,13:225-230;Gen Pharmacol,1983,14:277-280
18) J Clin Endocrinol Metab,1991,73:4-7
19) Eur J Clin Nutr, 2008 Dec, 62(12):1426-31, Epub 2007, "Fish oil supplementation improves large arterial elasticity in overweight hypertensive patients", Wang, et. al.
20) Journal of Andrology, Sep/Oct 2008,(29):5
24) Circulation, 1998 Jun 9, 97(22):2222-9
25) Intl J Impotence Res, 2008, 20:173-180
24) Circulation, 1998 Jun 9, 97(22):2222-9
225) Intl J Impotence Res, 2008, 20:173-180
26) Eur J Clin Nutr, 2008 Dec, 62(12):1426-31, Epub 2007, "Fish oil supplementa26) Eur J Clin Nutr, 2008 Dec, 62(12):1426-31, Epub 2007, "Fish oil supplementation improves large arterial elasticity in overweight hypertensive patients", Wang, et. al.
27) Journal of Chromatography A, 17 June 2005, 1078(1-2):196-200, "Determination of citrulline in watermelon rind"
28) Brit J Sports Med, Oct 2003, 37: 464–70. "The Ergogenic Effects of Eurycoma Longifolia Jack: A Pilot Study"
|Best Health Books|
|WHAT LOW T DOES:|