Please discuss everything with your doctor first. | Research-Backed Erectile Supplements
|Can't figure out the cause of your E.D.? Check out these 15 Natural Cures.|
|Combine supplements for max erectile strength? Go with This Approach.|
4. High Fat Diet. A high fat diet (in an animal study) during nursing lead to signs of early diabetes and greater weight later in life for the pups.  One study found that one of the reasons for this is that fat in the diet can turn off and on certain genes in the developing child, leading to future surprising health outcomes, including a greatly increased risk of cleft palate and a certain heart defect in some individuals. 
5. Beef. One study found that "sperm concentration was inversely related to mothers' beef meals per week."  Men with the highest beef eatin' mamas were were three times as likely to have subpar sperm counts when compared with guys that had mamas with the least beef consumption. Researchers don't know yet exactly why but suspect "xenobiotics", a fancy way of saying something that ends up in beef such as hormones, antibiotics, etc.
6. Like of Fruits and Vegetables. Recent research has shown that infants in the womb actually taste what mom is eating through the amniotic fluid and that changes their willingness to eat fruits and vegetables. For example, scientists found that newborns were much more likely to eat carrots if their mother ate carrots regularly while they were in the womb. 
7. Bisphenol-A (BPA). Consumption of BPA, the nasty tokin found in almost all canned goods, has now been linked to low birth weights. It also has been linked to a host of other nasty health issues, which I cover in my link on The Dangers of Bisphenol-A.
NEWS FLASH: Researchers recently found that almost all available plastics tested have estrogens, including those certified to be BPA Free.  Furthermore, the authors pointed out that even dosages in the nano or picomole range have been shown to cause developmental issues and many of these had estrogenic activity greater than the typical BPA plastic. Bottom line: consider not using plastics altogether during pregnancy and infancy.
8. Low Carb Diet. If Mom eats a low carb diet during pregnancy, she unknowingly alters her child's epigenome (methylation) and significantly increases that child's chance for obesity.  (For more dangers of a low carb diet, see my link on Atkins' Diet Side Effects.
Of course, this list could go on and on and include many toxins and endocrine disruptors such as Bisphenol-A. The bottom line is that living a healthy, natural lifestyle is the best way to go for your whole family, even the ones not yet born...
1) Maternal gestational glucose concentration is associated with offspring insulin sensitivity and beta-cell function in children aged 5-10 years" ENDO 2010
2) Circulation, Published Online on June 1, 2010, "Association of Maternal Weight Gain in Pregnancy With Offspring Obesity3) Nature Medicine 16, 804-808, 2010, "Serotonin regulates pancreatic beta cell mass during pregnancy"
4) Society for the Study of Ingestive Behavior (2010, July 19). Greater obesity in offspring of nursing mothers consuming a high-fat diet. ScienceDaily. Retrieved September 7, 2010, from http://www.sciencedaily.com / releases/2010/07/100713011047.htm
5) Human Molecular Genetics, 2010, 19(17):3394-340, "Maternal high-fat diet interacts with embryonic Cited2 genotype to reduce Pitx2c expression and enhance penetrance of left–right patterning defects"
6) Hum Reprod, 2007 Jun, 22(6):1497-502, "Semen quality of fertile US males in relation to their mothers' beef consumption during pregnancy"
8) Diabetes, April 6, 2011,"Epigenetic Gene Promoter Methylation at Birth Is Associated With Child’s Later Adiposity"
10) Environ Health Perspect, 2011, 119:989-996, "Most Plastic Products Release Estrogenic Chemicals: A Potential Health Problem That Can Be Solved"
|Best Health Books|
|WHAT LOW T DOES:|