Other than Vitamin D, there is probably no vitamin or mineral that is so critcal to so many
functions within the body. Of course, the modern diet high in processed foods leaves the great majority of people deficient in Magnesium. This leads to
a host of illnesses that research has uncovered in the last fifteen years.
NEWS FLASH: A recent study of senior men found that magnesium was very
correlated with testosterone levels.  Yes, this means that optimizing your
magnesium levels could actually boost your testosterone. More research
needs to be done, but it looks like this all-important mineral ramps up androgen
production as well. CAUTION: The study showed that IGF-1 levels are also raised with magnesium and
some researchers believe that raising IGF-1 could increase cancer risk.
Look at the nasty list of syndromes, diseases and conditions below. All of
these can be avoided by taking a simple Magnesium supplement.
Need to boost your Nitric Oxide naturally through food, drink and supplements? Check out Lee Myer's book here:
The Peak Erectile Strength Diet
Or do you need the most comprehensive testosterone book in Amazon? Here it is:
Natural Versus Testosterone Therapy
1. Heart arrhythmias 
2. Heart disease 
3. High blood pressure 
4. Metabolic Syndrome 
5. Diabetes 
6. Low bone density 
7. Migraines 
8. Insulin Resistance 
TNF-Alpha / Inflammation [See my link on TNF Inhibitors for
1) Am J Cardiol,1993,Nov 15 1972,(15):1156-62;Am J Clin Nutr,2002,75:550-4
2) Int J Epidemiol,1999,28:645-651
3) Magnesium Res,1989,2:229;PNAS,Oct 15 1984,81(20):6511-15
4) Am J Med,1992,93(2A):11S-20S;J Am Soc Nephrol,1992,3(4Suppl):S78-85
5) Magnes Bul,2000,22:53-59
6) Eur J Nutr,Oct 2001,40(5):231-7
7) Cephalalgia,1996;16:257-63;Pediatr Med Chir,1993,15(5):481-8
8) J Clin Endocrinol Metab,1997,82:3783-3785
9) Int J Androl, 2011 Dec, 34(6 Pt 2):e594-600, "Magnesium and anabolic hormones in older men"