|Can't figure out the cause of your E.D.? Check out these 15 Natural Cures.|
|Combine supplements for max erectile strength? Go with This Approach.|
6. Bone Mass. Some physicians insist that progesterone can increase bone mass in men with osteopenia and osteoporosis. Of course, estradiol is reponsible for healthy bones in both men and women and, often, you could look at progesterone as partnering with it and acting in similar ways.
7. Fertility. Sperm hyperactivation may not sound like a good thing, but it's actually important in order for the egg to be fertilized. Progresterone is actually one of the major factors responsible for this.  You can get your levels checked at one of these Man Friendly Labs.
NOTE: One of the Peak Testosterone Forum members reported that progesterone restroed the size of his testes:  "As a side note, (just thought about this ), I do have a fair amount of testicular atrophy going on because I was so low testosterone for so many years. I found that using progesterone cream stopped the atrophy. You can find more about this by googleing men and progesterone." However, the above does not make sense to me and was contradicted by an animal study. 
DOSAGES: The dose that physicians seem to be using is based on a couple of reports that I have received on the Peak Testosterone Forum and are in the 10-50 mg/day range when it comes to the creams. Again, I do not know about long term safety and nor does anyone else, but here is what these men reported:
"I use Source Naturals natural progesterone cream, which has 500 mg progesterone per ounce, or 22 mg per 1/4 teaspoon. I use about 1/4 teaspoon twice a day. Don't go by the instructions on the package, as these are for perimenopausal women. I use it every day without a break." 
"I have been discussing a progesterone/Testosterone compound with my physician. He states that he has many of his patients on a compounded cream of prog/test (10mg/50mg daily) from a pharmacy in town. He said that the progesterone will help block some of the estrogen, therefore blocking some estrogen side effects." 
CAUTION: If you have a medical condition or are on any medications, please discuss any changes with your doctor first. Certain supplements, foods and even juices can alter absorption rates of certain medications for example. Play it safe.
1) Psychoneuroendocrinology, Apr 2004, 29(3):339–354, "Administration of progesterone produces mild sedative-like effects in men and women"
2) The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, Jan 1 1974, 38(1):142-147, "Inhibition of Testosterone Conversion to Dihydrotestosterone in Men Treated Percutaneously by Progesterone"
3) Clin Endocrinol (Oxf), 1980 Nov, 13(5):409-12, "Leydig cell tumour of the testis with gynaecomastia and elevated oestrogen, progesterone and prolactin levels: case report"
4) Plast Reconstr Surg, 2000 Oct, 106(5):1011-3, "Estrogen and progesterone receptors in gynecomastia"
5) Gynecol Obstet Invest, 1993, 36:234–238, "Progesterone Reduces Sympathetic Tone without Changing Blood Pressure or Fluid Balance in Men"
6) Br Med J (Clin Res Ed), 1985 Jan 5, 290(6461):13–14."Natural progesterone and antihypertensive action"
7) The Aging Male, 2004, Vol. 7(3):236-257, "Progesterone: the forgotten hormone in men?"
11) J Endocrinol. 1981 Jul;90(1):97-102, "Effects of testosterone, pregnenolone, progesterone and cortisol on pituitary and testicular function in male golden hamsters with gonadal atrophy induced by short photoperiods"
12) Fertility and Sterility, 1992, 58(6):1191-1198, "Direct effects of progesterone and antiprogesterone on human sperm hyperactivated motility and acrosome reaction"
|WHAT LOW T DOES:|