Please discuss everything with your doctor first. | Research-Backed Erectile Supplements
|Can't figure out the cause of your E.D.? Check out these 15 Natural Cures.|
|Combine supplements for max erectile strength? Go with This Approach.|
The bottom line is that higher protein diets, such as is common in modern societies and in bodybuilding circles - and I eat a lot of protein myself in the form of egg whites and undenatured rice protein - may often compromise immune function. Again, see my link on Immunity for legitimate ways to optimize your protection against the onslaught of bacteria and viruses around us.
NOTE: Levels that are too low in protein can definitely whack immunity. Plus, not all proteins are necessarily created equal: whey actually has a very positive effect on immunity, due to its glutathione-increasing and other important properties. (Be sure that you purchase undenatured or biologically active whey, which I document in my link called Yes Whey. ) Cassein, the primary milk protein, is a "mixed bag", sometimes enhancing, sometimes whacking immune function. I should also mention that some studies on younger animals show a higher protein diet actually boost immunity. 
1) J Parasitol, 2006 Jun, 92(3):531-8, "Protection against malaria due to innate immunity enhanced by low-protein diet"
2) Ann Surg, 1989 April, 209(4):448–454, "Low protein diets improve survival from peritonitis in guinea pigs"
3) International Journal for Parasitology, Jul 1993, 23(4):471-476, "The effect of age and dietary protein on immunity and resistance in lambs vaccinated with Trichostrongylus colubriformis"
4) J Clin Microbiol, 1991 July, 29(7): 1317-1322, "Model of recurrent pulmonary aspergillosis in rats"
5) Am J Gastroenterol, advance online publication 11 May 2010, "Protein Intake and Risk of Inflammatory Bowel Disease: The E3N Prospective Study"
6) American Journal of Epidemiology, 2011, 159(5):454-466, "Diet and Nutrient Intakes and Risk of Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma in Connecticut Women"
|Best Health Books|
|WHAT LOW T DOES:|