Please discuss everything with your doctor first. | Research-Backed Erectile Supplements
|Can't figure out the cause of your E.D.? Check out these 15 Natural Cures.|
|Combine supplements for max erectile strength? Go with This Approach.|
The one category of man that may not be helped much in the libido category are those who are not that low in testosterone. One meta-analysis found just this: men who were low testosterone were helped greatly and men with low-normal or normal testosterone only moderately.  Apparently, taking your testosterone from, say, 450 ng/dl to 700 ng/dl is going to have a much less noticeable effect and that makes some sense.
Other research, though, has shown a much more "linear" relationship between libido and testosterone. For example, one study of senior men showed that libido followed a nearly linear progression across all ranges of testosterone. So almost all men will find that their libido is influenced by testosterone, but those with low testosterone will have the most noticeable effect.
1) WORLD JOURNAL OF UROLOGY, 15(1):21-26, "The effects of testosterone on the cavernous tissue and erectile function"
2) Am J Psychiatry, 155:1310-1318, Oct 1998, "Age-Associated Testosterone Decline in Men: Clinical Issues for Psychiatry"
3) The Journal of Sexual Medicine, Mar 2007, 4(2):497-501, "Improvement of Sexual Function in Men with Late-Onset Hypogonadism Treated with Testosterone Only"
4) The Aging Male, Jun 2003, 6(2):94-99, "Oral testosterone undecanoate reverses erectile dysfunction associated with diabetes mellitus in patients failing on sildenafil citrate therapy alone"
5) Int J STD AIDS, 1998, 9:41-44, "Testosterone therapy for clinical symptoms of hypogonadism in eugonadal men with AIDS"
6) Mayo Clinic Proceedings, Jan 2007,82(1):20-28, "Testosterone Use in Men With Sexual Dysfunction: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis of Randomized Placebo-Controlled Trials"
7) The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, Jul 1 2006, 91(7):2509-2513, "The Relationship between Libido and Testosterone Levels in Aging Men"
|Best Health Books|
|WHAT LOW T DOES:|