Quantcast

Author Topic: Does TRT increase Testosterone production after you stop it?  (Read 943 times)

PakMan

• View Profile
Does TRT increase Testosterone production after you stop it?
« on: November 14, 2016, 03:10:05 am »
This is how I feel

You are hypogonadal with low T
you start TRT and remain for months
You stop TRT and your own T starts (may be with help of HCG)
Now you will be producing more T than before because your brain/body were accustomed to high T

Either it is this or the supplement I'm taking.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 07:50:05 am by PeakT »

Cataceous

• View Profile
Re: Does TRT increase Testosterone production after you stop it?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2016, 04:34:18 am »
It would seem to be the exception rather than the rule. Anecdotally, hypogonadism after ending TRT is usually unchanged or even becomes worse; the underlying cause remains unaddressed and may have advanced with aging.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 07:50:26 am by PeakT »
I am not a medical doctor; any suggestions are meant to be discussed with your doctor.
Protocol: 18 mg T enanthate subQ qod, 270 IU hCG subQ qod, 6.25 mg DHEA orally bid
5/2017 test results: TT: 800 ng/dL (348-1197), FT: 16 pg/mL (7.2-24), E2: 50 pg/mL sensitive (8.0-35.0), DHEA-S: 278 ug/dL (71.6-375.4)

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2016, 04:34:18 am »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2016, 07:53:08 am »
This is how I feel

Now you will be producing more T than before because your brain/body were accustomed to high T

Usually there is a rebound effect and you crashed through your old baseline levels.  In my case I had testosterone of 111 ng/dl a month after I had to stop!

Were you taking HCG tho?

Also, how old are you?
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements. Yes, low T and E.D. are usually medical conditions.  There are potential risk with HRT:  http://www.peaktestosterone.com/testosterone_risks.aspx.
My Health History: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/My_Health_Story.aspx.
And check out my new Peak Testosterone Program on the right side of my home page: http://www.peaktestosterone.com.

PakMan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2016, 08:11:57 am »
This is how I feel

Usually there is a rebound effect and you crashed through your old baseline levels.  In my case I had testosterone of 111 ng/dl a month after I had to stop!

Were you taking HCG tho?

Also, how old are you?

I was taking HCG but my last injection was 6 days ago. However now my testicles are in pain again and this is a sign that they are working overtime. Also feeling very good with libido which indicates that they they are producing T. My theory is that my brain/body is starving for T/E/DHT after being on TRT for 10 months so it is sending LH constantly to make the necessary hormones. I'm 45.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2016, 12:21:37 pm »

I was taking HCG but my last injection was 6 days ago. However now my testicles are in pain again and this is a sign that they are working overtime. Also feeling very good with libido which indicates that they they are producing T. My theory is that my brain/body is starving for T/E/DHT after being on TRT for 10 months so it is sending LH constantly to make the necessary hormones. I'm 45.

Well, that is yet another advantage of taking HCG - it keeps the factory gears turning - and so should help with that rebound effect.  I would guess that is why things are going so smoothly for you.
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements. Yes, low T and E.D. are usually medical conditions.  There are potential risk with HRT:  http://www.peaktestosterone.com/testosterone_risks.aspx.
My Health History: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/My_Health_Story.aspx.
And check out my new Peak Testosterone Program on the right side of my home page: http://www.peaktestosterone.com.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2016, 12:21:37 pm »

PLEASE SUPPORT THE SITE AND GIVE AN AMAZON REVIEW IF POSSIBLE:

euphorixx1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2016, 02:58:05 pm »
Why would your body be starving for T, when you were on TRT?  It probably had plenty of T.  I don't get it.

PakMan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2016, 06:21:57 pm »
Why would your body be starving for T, when you were on TRT?  It probably had plenty of T.  I don't get it.

Starving for T after I quit

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2016, 06:21:57 pm »