Quantcast

Author Topic: Clomid Stimulation Test  (Read 2106 times)

burner435

• View Profile
Clomid Stimulation Test
« on: November 15, 2016, 09:08:22 pm »
Would any of you describe what you felt like when you underwent your Clomid Stimulation Test? I'm about to start mine as soon as I receive the meds in the mail, and I'm wondering what to expect.

Barry

• View Profile
Re: Clomid Stimulation Test
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2016, 03:19:34 am »
I'm about to go on clomid haven't done so yet so can't really answer your questions but my understanding is that if you go on it and nothing happens then you are primary ie testicle cannot make more even with extra stimulation (ie clomid) but I could be wrong.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2016, 03:19:34 am »

eddy88

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2016, 07:12:13 am »
When you take clomid, you should expect to see an increase in LH, FSH, and all testosterone levels.  Clomid tricks the brain into thinking that it needs to produce more testosterone. Depending on your dosing, I would allow at least 3 weeks after starting to see if your levels have improved.  I went up 400 ng/dL in 3 weeks myself.
28 years old
ED started Feb. 2016.

Pre-clomid lab numbers:
Total T --> 313/349/258 (249-836)
Free T --> 79.87/59.65 (30-150)
SHBG --> 22/19 (10-57)
LH --> 4.3/3.1 (1.7-8.6)
FSH --> 1.7/1.6 (1.5-12.4)
Prolactin --> 5.1 (4-15.2)
Estradiol --> 11.42/24.06 (7.02-49.06)

Started taking clomid September 2016.  Tested Oct 5 and November 30:

Total T --> 649/502 (249-836)
Free T --> 149/123 (30-150)
SHBG --> 26/21 (10-57)
LH --> 7.7/7.3 (1.7-8.6)
FSH --> 2.3/1.9 (1.5-12.4)
Prolactin --> 11.3/9.4 (4-15.2)
Estradiol --> 29.49/26.32 (7.02-49.06)

Off clomid Jan 16, 2017 due to no improvement in symptoms.

Current symptoms:  low libido and erectile dysfunction.
Currently seeking a functional medicine solution.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2016, 09:42:19 am »
Would any of you describe what you felt like when you underwent your Clomid Stimulation Test? I'm about to start mine as soon as I receive the meds in the mail, and I'm wondering what to expect.

I don't know how many guys on here really went on a "Stimulation Test" expressly.  Usually, the goals are either a) increase fertiity and testosterone in the short and medium term or b) try a restart.  The goal has not usually been to monitor sensitivity to Clomid, although that occurs of course.
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements. Yes, low T and E.D. are usually medical conditions.  There are potential risk with HRT:  http://www.peaktestosterone.com/testosterone_risks.aspx.
My Health History: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/My_Health_Story.aspx.
And check out my new Peak Testosterone Program on the right side of my home page: http://www.peaktestosterone.com.

NickZ

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2016, 10:29:47 am »

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2016, 10:29:47 am »

PLEASE SUPPORT THE SITE AND GIVE AN AMAZON REVIEW IF POSSIBLE:

burner435

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2016, 11:23:42 am »

I don't know how many guys on here really went on a "Stimulation Test" expressly.  Usually, the goals are either a) increase fertiity and testosterone in the short and medium term or b) try a restart.  The goal has not usually been to monitor sensitivity to Clomid, although that occurs of course.

I tried searching the forums and couldn't find anything about them, so I figured it wasn't very common.

I'd never heard of a Clomid Stimulation Test before my consultation. It was a bit of a curveball for me, as I thought I'd be put on T. Cyp. and HGC, so I wasn't prepared to ask a bunch of questions about it. I did ask about the similarities to a restart, though.

My PA said the purpose was to boost my LH to see if my body would produce more testosterone on its own. I'll try to post about how it goes in case others are curious about it.

I've just read some horrible things about Clomid and it kind of worries me. My T levels are on the lower end of normal, and it's affecting my mood, disposition, and energy levels mostly.

Since I gave smoking up, I haven't had issues with libido and ED, and I hope getting the Clomid and an AI in my system doesn't change that. It's a major concern of mine.

Thanks for the responses.

Dr Justin Saya, MD

• View Profile
    • Defy Medical
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2016, 12:42:48 pm »
It's just semantics really. A Clomid stimulation test is essentially a trial of Clomid treatment for both therapeutic AND potentially diagnostic purposes (i.e. a "test" of your system/HPTA to assess function and capability). If results are positive, both objective and subjective, it can be modified/extended into standard Clomid therapy.
Lead Physician & Medical Director
http://www.defymedical.com

NOTE: Comments on this forum are NOT medical advice and are no substitute for individualized patient care. Comments on this forum do not constitute or establish a physician-patient relationship. Please consult your personal physician prior to initiating or changing ANY treatment regimen.

burner435

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2016, 01:04:42 pm »
It's just semantics really. A Clomid stimulation test is essentially a trial of Clomid treatment for both therapeutic AND potentially diagnostic purposes (i.e. a "test" of your system/HPTA to assess function and capability). If results are positive, both objective and subjective, it can be modified/extended into standard Clomid therapy.

Thanks for your response. Do you think I need to be worried about its immediate impact on my sexual health? I fully understand the intent is partly disgnostic, but can I expect any profound differences in the way I feel in only thirty days? Should I be on the look out for any specific things that might happen that will help determine if the Clomid will or won't work for me?

Or is that something that can be entirely determined looking at my lab results after 30 days?

Looking at my receipt, I'll be taking 12.5 mg of Clomid, 0.125mg of Anastrozole, and an unspecified amount of DIM200, daily. It's all compounded together.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2016, 01:04:42 pm »

Cataceous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2016, 01:14:33 pm »
I'd question having anastrozole in there before seeing if it's even needed. Some guys, and I am one, are sensitive enough to it that a dose like that would crash estradiol and perhaps cause other problems.
I am not a medical doctor; any suggestions are meant to be discussed with your doctor.
Protocol: 18 mg T enanthate subQ qod, 270 IU hCG subQ qod, 6.25 mg DHEA orally bid
5/2017 test results: TT: 800 ng/dL (348-1197), FT: 16 pg/mL (7.2-24), E2: 50 pg/mL sensitive (8.0-35.0), DHEA-S: 278 ug/dL (71.6-375.4)

Dr Justin Saya, MD

• View Profile
    • Defy Medical
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2016, 01:42:08 pm »
Burner435 - the labs at 30 days, along with subjective response, will go a long way to determine how well you're responding. Yes, 30 days initially is sufficient to know if Clomid is a "viable" option for you, though you certainly will not be optimized within 30 days by any means. Visual side effects are the (rare) ones to keep an eye out for, pun intended...other symptoms will be more specific to your response to the treatment.

Cataceous - Clomid is certainly a different animal than TRT and there is a different "algorithm" for anastrozole. Due to the estrogen agonist effect, most clomid guys do better with more aggressive estradiol control (via AI and other means) than their counterpart TRT guys (i.e. most, but not all, clomid guys do best with E2 levels 15 to upper 20's).

NOTE: Comments on this forum are NOT medical advice and are no substitute for individualized patient care. Comments on this forum do not constitute or establish a physician-patient relationship. Please consult your personal physician prior to initiating or changing ANY treatment regimen.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2016, 01:48:43 pm »

Thanks for your response. Do you think I need to be worried about its immediate impact on my sexual health? I fully understand the intent is partly disgnostic, but can I expect any profound differences in the way I feel in only thirty days? Should I be on the look out for any specific things that might happen that will help determine if the Clomid will or won't work for me?

Or is that something that can be entirely determined looking at my lab results after 30 days?

Looking at my receipt, I'll be taking 12.5 mg of Clomid, 0.125mg of Anastrozole, and an unspecified amount of DIM200, daily. It's all compounded together.

My opinion:  don't take anastrozole until your testosterone and estradiol levels have stabilized - usually that's in about a month - because you don't want to crash your estradiol.  That's no fun.

12.5 mg daily of Clomid is low dose and so, while you still have to carefully watch for the standard side effects (visual in particular but headaches/moodiness/no improvement in libido), they are much less common.
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements. Yes, low T and E.D. are usually medical conditions.  There are potential risk with HRT:  http://www.peaktestosterone.com/testosterone_risks.aspx.
My Health History: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/My_Health_Story.aspx.
And check out my new Peak Testosterone Program on the right side of my home page: http://www.peaktestosterone.com.

burner435

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2016, 02:37:55 pm »

My opinion:  don't take anastrozole until your testosterone and estradiol levels have stabilized - usually that's in about a month - because you don't want to crash your estradiol.  That's no fun.

12.5 mg daily of Clomid is low dose and so, while you still have to carefully watch for the standard side effects (visual in particular but headaches/moodiness/no improvement in libido), they are much less common.

That's a concern I have, but everything is compounded together, I believe, so I don't have much choice but to trust the process. My estradiol was on the low end of normal, but my labs were pretty comprehensive and I feel analyzed very thoughtfully.

I'm just beginning this process and I don't want to start off second-guessing things. I just want to understand things as best as I can.

What do guys do when they crash their estradiol? What's the recovery process and how long does it take to rebalance things out?

Dr Justin Saya, MD

• View Profile
    • Defy Medical
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2016, 03:36:59 pm »

That's a concern I have, but everything is compounded together, I believe, so I don't have much choice but to trust the process. My estradiol was on the low end of normal, but my labs were pretty comprehensive and I feel analyzed very thoughtfully.

I'm just beginning this process and I don't want to start off second-guessing things. I just want to understand things as best as I can.

What do guys do when they crash their estradiol? What's the recovery process and how long does it take to rebalance things out?

It's difficult, but not unheard of, to "tank" estradiol in the traditional sense on Clomid due to the estrogen agonist effect AND the increase in LH --> increase in intratesticular aromatization. It can happen, but not common. 30 day labs will tell much if not all. Since we (and Dr Crisler under my guidance) are the only providers I know of that compound the Clomid/anastrozole/DIM combo together, I'm assuming the PA you consulted was my PA. You're in good hands. Adjustments will be made as needed at 30 days and any "recovery" from low E (again if needed) will be swift with the appropriate adjustments.

Search for JohnnyV's (?sp) recent posts on a similar regimen for some encouragement. Your body will determine how you respond to the stimulation.

Dr Justin Saya, MD

• View Profile
    • Defy Medical
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2016, 03:48:56 pm »

burner435

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2016, 03:54:05 pm »

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2016, 03:54:05 pm »