Quantcast

Author Topic: HCG - Does It Hinder Testosterone Therapy?  (Read 3657 times)

dant52

• View Profile
HCG - Does It Hinder Testosterone Therapy?
« on: December 13, 2016, 02:32:26 pm »
I have been on testosterone therapy for the last four years (will be 62 next year). I take my injections every four days (.4ML). My doctor who is the head of mens health at a hospital here in RI has always told me not to bother with taking HCG because it does not help and hinders the whole idea behind using the test therapy. So I'm wondering if that is true. But lately I'm getting tired of my nuts looking like raisenetts. Does it stop a person from getting the full affect of the t - therapy.
Thanks Dant52
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 02:50:54 pm by PeakT »

Alex J

• View Profile
    • Refined Mindset
Re: HCG - Does It Hinder Testosterone Therapy?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2016, 06:56:17 pm »
A lot of in the know TRT doctors actually highly recommend getting on HCG while on TRT.  Unfortunately most doctors aren't on this page yet. 

In my personal experience it will definitely preserve your fertility (to a higher degree at least) and absolutely reinflate your boys back to life.  On 250iu of hcg e3d my testicles were fuller than pre TRT days.  The problem with HCG is it has a high ability to convert to E2 so you must monitor you e2 levels while on HCG.

Many people report including HCG to there T-therapy provides an increased sense of well being, there is no blockage of Testosterones effect.  If anything your overall test levels will increase as your body starts to produce a little bit in addition to the Testosterone you are taking, you may even need less testosterone to reach the desired effect.

HCG can also increase pregnenolone and DHEA levels which are important for well being as well.

Hope this helps!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 02:50:33 pm by PeakT »
Been on HRT since 07/2013.

Current Regiment: 100mg test cream/day + 15mg pregenelone/day

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2016, 06:56:17 pm »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2016, 06:59:42 pm »
I have been on testosterone therapy for the last four years (will be 62 next year). I take my injections every four days (.4ML). My doctor who is the head of mens health at a hospital here in RI has always told me not to bother with taking HCG because it does not help and hinders the whole idea behind using the test therapy. So I'm wondering if that is true. But lately I'm getting tired of my nuts looking like raisenetts. Does it stop a person from getting the full affect of the t - therapy.
Thanks Dant52

I can't imagine why he would say that.  Consider this:  Dr. Lipshultz, who can run circles when it comes to TRT around almost any doc in the country, studied giving HCG + TRT to men.  What did he find?  Did the men get shut down or have major issues?  No, what he found was that it restored their fertility.  Yes, if you do low dose HCG at the right dosage and frequency, you can reactivate the testicle to where fertility is restored.

Around a fourth of men that have been on TRT for awhile will find that restoring HCG will do things like restore libido and improve mood as well.

Finally, consider this:  if your testosterone has been significantly raised from TRT, your LH will drop to near zero.  This happened to me.  You have LH receptors all over your body and their purpose is not that well understood.  But you have some in the hippocampus for example.  HCG will latch onto those receptors and can hopefully restore some of their original purpose:

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/LH_Luteinizing_Hormone_Receptor.aspx

Finally, HCG may increase some of our "production line"hormones such as progesterone and cortisol, which have probably fallen if your LH is truly 0 or near to it.  I believe this happened to me and here is a discussion of that:

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/HCG_Increase_Pregnenolone.aspx

So I'm not trying to push you onto HCG.  But I'm just trying to point out that your doctor made a statement where he/she was either a) ignorant or b) just trying to get you out of his office.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 02:50:16 pm by PeakT »
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program.aspx
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Hydranted

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2016, 08:53:16 pm »
I'm also at a loss for why your doctor would say something like that.  I agree with PeakT, it's either out of ignorance or just to simple end the conversation.

No drug is perfect but until I see some halfway decent evidence that hCG provides anything less than positive results, I'm sold on it.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 02:49:53 pm by PeakT »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2016, 02:53:27 pm »
I would give him some feedback since he's the head of men's health there and maybe he'll do a little research on the subject and you'll be helping other patients in the future, i.e. those to come.
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program.aspx
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2016, 02:53:27 pm »

timmy11

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2016, 07:10:35 am »
My free T increased 70 points on hcg!

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2016, 11:37:27 am »

From what to what?

dant52

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2016, 05:19:25 pm »
Thanks
The doctor I go to very good and is on the t-therapy himself.  He just feels at my age I don't need the HCG for fertility reason. He also feels that like I stated he believes that it prevents you from getting the full effect of the testosterone therapy.  I want to go back on it and be able to get my testicles back to normal size. I have sent he an email and I'm waiting for a response.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 05:58:30 pm by PeakT »

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2016, 05:19:25 pm »

PLEASE SUPPORT THE SITE AND GIVE AN AMAZON REVIEW IF POSSIBLE:

timmy11

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2016, 06:46:46 pm »

From what to what?
Total T went from 492 to 531 and FreeT went from 95 to 121.  I was a ways off and these numbers also reflect starting 30mg of pregnenolone and 20mg of dhea.
So I went from doing .10ml of Tcyp EOD only to doing the .10 ml of Tcyp EOD plus 250 iu of HCG EOD and the pregnenolone/dhea.  My E2 was 23 with the sensitive test through Labcorp.  I recently bumped my Tcyp to .12ml Eod. 

Dr Justin Saya, MD

• View Profile
    • Defy Medical
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2016, 07:17:18 pm »
Thanks
The doctor I go to very good and is on the t-therapy himself.  He just feels at my age I don't need the HCG for fertility reason. He also feels that like I stated he believes that it prevents you from getting the full effect of the testosterone therapy.  I want to go back on it and be able to get my testicles back to normal size. I have sent he an email and I'm waiting for a response.

Unless he's including testicular atrophy in his definition of "full effect of testosterone therapy", then I couldn't fathom what he is referring to.
Lead Physician & Medical Director
http://www.defymedical.com

NOTE: Comments on this forum are NOT medical advice and are no substitute for individualized patient care. Comments on this forum do not constitute or establish a physician-patient relationship. Please consult your personal physician prior to initiating or changing ANY treatment regimen.

dant52

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2016, 06:21:19 pm »
My doctor filled my script for HCG. Twice a week 500 iu. I take .4ml of testosterone cypionate does it matter if both shots (HCG and testosterone cypionate) fall on the same day.
Thanks
Dant52

timmy11

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2016, 06:32:23 pm »
My doctor filled my script for HCG. Twice a week 500 iu. I take .4ml of testosterone cypionate does it matter if both shots (HCG and testosterone cypionate) fall on the same day.
Thanks
Dant52
Your estradiol could spike to too high of levels.  I am doing 250iu HCG every other day and .10ml of test cyp. Every other day, on separate days.  My estradiol levels were 23 which is good.  I am currently upping my T shots to .12ml. You may be fine but be cautious of E2 spikes!! Best wishes.

timmy11

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2016, 06:36:05 pm »
Also, HCG has made everything a good amount better with the testes and sex for me.

Cataceous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2016, 06:37:29 pm »

Although at these doses the medications are both theoretically yielding testosterone peaks within a day or so of injections, the relative contribution to testosterone of this amount of hCG is likely to be small. So chances are you won't notice much difference between simultaneous and staggered injections.
I am not a medical doctor; any suggestions are meant to be discussed with your doctor.
Protocol: 18 mg T enanthate subQ qod, 250 IU hCG subQ qod, 6.25 mg DHEA orally bid
5/2017 test results: TT: 800 ng/dL (348-1197), FT: 16 pg/mL (7.2-24), E2: 50 pg/mL sensitive (8.0-35.0), DHEA-S: 278 ug/dL (71.6-375.4)

dant52

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2016, 07:07:06 pm »

Although at these doses the medications are both theoretically yielding testosterone peaks within a day or so of injections, the relative contribution to testosterone of this amount of hCG is likely to be small. So chances are you won't notice much difference between simultaneous and staggered injections.

I meant to say I take .4ml every four days and was told to take the HCG twice a week ( 500 iu each shot)

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2016, 07:07:06 pm »