Quantcast

Author Topic: What Is A Low Dose Of Tamoxifen?  (Read 986 times)

Oldbull

• View Profile
What Is A Low Dose Of Tamoxifen?
« on: February 28, 2017, 09:32:44 am »
I have noticed that if I stop taking Tamoxifen I start to experience low testosterone symptoms again.

It seems I have to dose it every 4-5 days to maintain the benefits.

I am wondering what the least frequent dosing for SERM would be to maintain normal TT?

EOD is too frequent and causes mood issues and once/week seems not frequent enough I'm thinking the every 4-5 days for my own body is about right but I'm curious about others experiences with SERM only TRT.

Thanks!!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 07:18:19 am by PeakT »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Re: What Is A Low Dose Of Tamoxifen?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 07:19:00 am »
I have noticed that if I stop taking Tamoxifen I start to experience low testosterone symptoms again.

It seems I have to dose it every 4-5 days to maintain the benefits.

I am wondering what the least frequent dosing for SERM would be to maintain normal TT?

EOD is too frequent and causes mood issues and once/week seems not frequent enough I'm thinking the every 4-5 days for my own body is about right but I'm curious about others experiences with SERM only TRT.

Thanks!!

Not too many guys on here using it.  I bumped this and changed the title to hopefully get a response for you.
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program.aspx
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 07:19:00 am »

antor

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2017, 04:11:44 pm »
Hi. I m very interested in this thread. My baseline is 370. With 20 mg tamoxifen i went to 800. Transminases got fucked up. I Was trying to fight mild gyno. I felt very good 15 days after quiting tamoxifen and Was good for 3 week ... Than  to baseline again (hell)
Tamo has a very long life ... I Was geting high test even a month after quiting so i guess the dosages friquecy are not Issue.This time i go for 5eod mg. And you
Whats u dosage How long do u plan to be on tamoxifen
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 04:13:58 pm by antor »

Oldbull

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2017, 05:21:35 pm »
Hi. I m very interested in this thread. My baseline is 370. With 20 mg tamoxifen i went to 800. Transminases got fucked up. I Was trying to fight mild gyno. I felt very good 15 days after quiting tamoxifen and Was good for 3 week ... Than  to baseline again (hell)
Tamo has a very long life ... I Was geting high test even a month after quiting so i guess the dosages friquecy are not Issue.This time i go for 5eod mg. And you

I plan to be on it indefinetly until I have kids or it stops working whichever comes first lol

I agree that serms have a long half life and I find my libdio comes back about 1.5 days after I dose so I've been doing 5mg EOD dosing but going to try E3D in a week or so.

Workouts physique erections overall feeling of alphaness is all good.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 05:25:02 pm by Oldbull »

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2017, 05:21:35 pm »

Oldbull

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2017, 05:23:26 pm »

Not too many guys on here using it.  I bumped this and changed the title to hopefully get a response for you.

Thanks Peak. This forum is really helpful.

Oldbull

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2017, 05:25:43 pm »

Your transminases got fucked from Tamoxifen?

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2017, 05:12:16 pm »

https://livertox.nih.gov/Tamoxifen.htm

"Tamoxifen is a nonsteroidal antiestrogen that is widely used in the treatment and prevention of breast cancer.  Long term tamoxifen therapy has been associated with development of fatty liver, steatohepatitis, cirrhosis, and rare instances of clinically apparent acute liver injury."

My understanding is that this is not usually an issue for guys taking relatively low dosages.  But talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program.aspx
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Oldbull

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2017, 02:57:07 pm »

Yikes.

Thanks will keep this in mind.

https://livertox.nih.gov/Tamoxifen.htm

"Tamoxifen is a nonsteroidal antiestrogen that is widely used in the treatment and prevention of breast cancer.  Long term tamoxifen therapy has been associated with development of fatty liver, steatohepatitis, cirrhosis, and rare instances of clinically apparent acute liver injury."

My understanding is that this is not usually an issue for guys taking relatively low dosages.  But talk to your doctor or pharmacist.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2017, 02:57:07 pm »