Quantcast

Author Topic: Krill Oil and Estradiol  (Read 880 times)

researcher

• View Profile
Krill Oil and Estradiol
« on: March 27, 2017, 07:42:10 pm »
I tried krill oil for about a few months to see if it would help me lose weight. It didn't really help much with that but I strongly believe it did help manage my estrogen problem. I have been taking a very low dose of Letro for years to help combat my terrible estrogen dominance because that has been the only thing that has personally worked for me. Low dose Krill Oil however seems to help combat this problem for me. I did take a letro still but it wasnt nearly as often. I could go way longer without taking Letro. Simply didnt need it. Very good for me because letro is not good to take. I have no labs or studies to prove that krill oil helps with reducing estrogen.. only an article from [edited by moderator] that says it helped women with PMS, but it really seemed to personally help keep my estrogen from going too high. Its hard to explain but I can tell when my E2 is getting too high because I will start to have night sweats or get emotional at stupid things. I do not seem to have night sweats when on it and it seems to keep me from getting emotional.

Just thought I would share this with people who may be having problems controlling E2. Might be something to try! I am going to experiment with higher doses to see if this will work better.

I just took regular NOW brand 500 mg. once or twice a day. Hope this helps!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 12:15:16 am by PeakT »

Joe Sixpack

• View Profile
Re: Krill Oil and Estradiol
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 08:12:26 pm »
If it works it works.  Can't argue with results.  And being that the omega 3's are good for you anyway, 2 birds, one stone!

Why were you taking Letrozole instead of the other more common AI's? 
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 12:14:50 am by PeakT »
Protocol: 35mg T Cyp 3x/week, 300 IU hCG 3x/week, 50mg DHEA + 50mg Pregnenalone daily.
1/2017 test results: TT: 1152 ng/dL (348-1197), FT: 23.7 pg/mL (7.2-24), E2: 22.0 pg/mL sensitive (8.0-35.0)

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 08:12:26 pm »

researcher

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2017, 10:09:00 pm »
If it works it works.  Can't argue with results.  And being that the omega 3's are good for you anyway, 2 birds, one stone!

A very low dose of letro seemed to be the only thing that could balance E2 the best for me personally. I wish I didnt have to take it but I am cursed with having to balance my e2 for life and that was the only thing that brought back my libido from the dead and fought off all the estrogenic side effects. It took a lot of trial and error but I just went by how I felt since I could not afford to do labs all the time. I just know when I am going too high or too low based off how I feel and adjust accordingly. It was very hard for me personally to balance e2 with aromasin and arimidex. Never could get it dialed in. Would go too high or low very easily. It was like a roller coaster guessing game. The estrogen rebounds were bad with those for me personally. E2 did not rebound nearly as bad on a very low dose of letro than the other two.

I have tried alot of things to try and lower E2.. (chrysin, DIM, resveterol, calcium d glucarate, vitex,estrodex, plus others I am forgetting..) nothing really worked except letro, krill oil lately and calcium d glucarate. cal d glucarate made me piss all the time and killed my libido though so I havent taken that for a long time. May give that a go sometime in the near future.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 12:14:34 am by PeakT »

Joe Sixpack

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2017, 04:45:04 pm »

A very low dose of letro seemed to be the only thing that could balance E2 the best for me personally. I wish I didnt have to take it but I am cursed with having to balance my e2 for life and that was the only thing that brought back my libido from the dead and fought off all the estrogenic side effects. It took a lot of trial and error but I just went by how I felt since I could not afford to do labs all the time. I just know when I am going too high or too low based off how I feel and adjust accordingly. It was very hard for me personally to balance e2 with aromasin and arimidex. Never could get it dialed in. Would go too high or low very easily. It was like a roller coaster guessing game. The estrogen rebounds were bad with those for me personally. E2 did not rebound nearly as bad on a very low dose of letro than the other two.

I have tried alot of things to try and lower E2.. (chrysin, DIM, resveterol, calcium d glucarate, vitex,estrodex, plus others I am forgetting..) nothing really worked except letro, krill oil lately and calcium d glucarate. cal d glucarate made me piss all the time and killed my libido though so I havent taken that for a long time. May give that a go sometime in the near future.
That sounds like a really painful process.  How long did it take until you got the balance right?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 12:14:22 am by PeakT »
Protocol: 35mg T Cyp 3x/week, 300 IU hCG 3x/week, 50mg DHEA + 50mg Pregnenalone daily.
1/2017 test results: TT: 1152 ng/dL (348-1197), FT: 23.7 pg/mL (7.2-24), E2: 22.0 pg/mL sensitive (8.0-35.0)

coffeegod

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2017, 06:15:25 pm »
I have a friend who does Krill Oil instead of Fish Oil. He loves the results and has found it more effective.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 12:14:09 am by PeakT »

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2017, 06:15:25 pm »

researcher

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2017, 09:58:29 pm »

That sounds like a really painful process.  How long did it take until you got the balance right?

No doubt it was. I am kind of an extreme example though. Started having hormone problems in my early 20's (long story) I tried many doctors. Most thought I was crazy at the time. Anyway, had to figure it out on my own through trial and error and didn't get the e2 dialed in with letro till I was about 30. I am 35 now. I am not 100% more like 88% but that is okay! I was operating around 30% for a long time and it was rough. Having high E2 is no joke. Just happy I got back to normal because I honestly dont know if i could of made it without getting e2 somewhat normal.

I just try to give guys out there some ideas to try if they are struggling with hormone problems because I used to look all over the net for little things that worked for others.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 12:13:55 am by PeakT »

Boxcar

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2017, 04:28:29 pm »
Thanks for posting this.  I do wonder what it is about krill oil that is working for you.  It has small amounts of omega-3, plus astaxanthin, and perhaps other things. 

I was thinking of taking astaxanthin for my skin (primarily for UV protection), although I have seen some conflicting information on whether it is good or bad for Nitric Oxide levels.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 12:13:39 am by PeakT »
178 lbs 5'8''

Current Treatment: 50 mg testosterone cypionate IM, twice a week
Low T Symptoms: Chronic pelvic pain, and other neuropathic pain.  Mild anxiety, low energy and low motivation
Meds: Amitriptyline (for pain, not depression), Clonidine (for sleep, not blood pressure)

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2017, 05:32:40 pm »

No doubt it was. I am kind of an extreme example though. Started having hormone problems in my early 20's (long story) I tried many doctors. Most thought I was crazy at the time. Anyway, had to figure it out on my own through trial and error and didn't get the e2 dialed in with letro till I was about 30. I am 35 now. I am not 100% more like 88% but that is okay! I was operating around 30% for a long time and it was rough. Having high E2 is no joke. Just happy I got back to normal because I honestly dont know if i could of made it without getting e2 somewhat normal.

I just try to give guys out there some ideas to try if they are struggling with hormone problems because I used to look all over the net for little things that worked for others.

What brand are you using?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 12:13:24 am by PeakT »
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program.aspx
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2017, 05:32:40 pm »

PLEASE SUPPORT THE SITE AND GIVE AN AMAZON REVIEW IF POSSIBLE:

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2017, 12:17:37 am »
I tried krill oil for about a few months to see if it would help me lose weight. It didn't really help much with that but I strongly believe it did help manage my estrogen problem. I have been taking a very low dose of Letro for years to help combat my terrible estrogen dominance because that has been the only thing that has personally worked for me. Low dose Krill Oil however seems to help combat this problem for me. I did take a letro still but it wasnt nearly as often. I could go way longer without taking Letro. Simply didnt need it. Very good for me because letro is not good to take. I have no labs or studies to prove that krill oil helps with reducing estrogen.. only an article from [edited by moderator] that says it helped women with PMS, but it really seemed to personally help keep my estrogen from going too high. Its hard to explain but I can tell when my E2 is getting too high because I will start to have night sweats or get emotional at stupid things. I do not seem to have night sweats when on it and it seems to keep me from getting emotional.

Just thought I would share this with people who may be having problems controlling E2. Might be something to try! I am going to experiment with higher doses to see if this will work better.

I just took regular NOW brand 500 mg. once or twice a day. Hope this helps!

Fish oil can boost free testosterone.  I would guess that krill oil could do this but to a lesser extent:

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Testosterone_FishOil.aspx
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program.aspx
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2017, 12:17:37 am »