Quantcast

Author Topic: Enanthate Versus Cypionate  (Read 1278 times)

sh1209

• View Profile
Enanthate Versus Cypionate
« on: April 04, 2017, 04:55:33 am »
Does anyone prefer one over the other? I've tried both over the years and it seems Enanthate has more kick to it and quicker than cypionate.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 12:50:13 am by PeakT »

HRT Guru

• View Profile
Re: Enanthate Versus Cypionate
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 06:15:38 am »
I believe some of us like me daily injection guys can do better with Enanthate, I've thought about switching or perhaps a E/Cyp blend.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 12:50:23 am by PeakT »

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 06:15:38 am »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2017, 05:52:44 pm »
Does anyone prefer one over the other? I've tried both over the years and it seems Enanthate has more kick to it and quicker than cypionate.

They have very similar properties:

similar in half life; mg testosterone per mg product is similar.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 12:50:32 am by PeakT »
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program.aspx
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements. Yes, low T and E.D. are usually medical conditions.

indy1234

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 10:23:11 am »
I believe some of us like me daily injection guys can do better with Enanthate, I've thought about switching or perhaps a E/Cyp blend.

Question - If you are doing daily injections, why not use testosterone propionate instead of Enanthate or Cypionate?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 12:50:44 am by PeakT »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2017, 11:43:49 am »

Question - If you are doing daily injections, why not use testosterone propionate instead of Enanthate or Cypionate?

Should be more steady state with cypionate or enanthate.  Of course, one debate if that is good or not, since it does not mimic as well our diurnal cycle.  I'm not sure propionate would do that either though.  Looks like there is considerable variation in the half life.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 12:50:54 am by PeakT »
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program.aspx
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements. Yes, low T and E.D. are usually medical conditions.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2017, 11:43:49 am »

HRT Guru

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2017, 11:57:49 am »
With Prop I hear more I don't know what to call it more painful injections for the ester, not painful syringe injection but the prop ester causing guys problems of that type.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 12:51:06 am by PeakT »

Joe Sixpack

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2017, 04:53:35 pm »
I suspect that the low SHBG guys would do terrible on T Prop.  Since Prop has such a short half life
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 12:51:19 am by PeakT »
Protocol: 35mg T Cyp 3x/week, 300 IU hCG 3x/week, 50mg DHEA + 50mg Pregnenalone daily.
1/2017 test results: TT: 1152 ng/dL (348-1197), FT: 23.7 pg/mL (7.2-24), E2: 22.0 pg/mL sensitive (8.0-35.0)

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2017, 11:47:59 pm »
I suspect that the low SHBG guys would do terrible on T Prop.  Since Prop has such a short half life

Some low SHBG guys have loved propionate and felt it was the only things that worked for them. 
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 12:51:29 am by PeakT »

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2017, 11:47:59 pm »

PLEASE SUPPORT THE SITE AND GIVE AN AMAZON REVIEW IF POSSIBLE:

Kierkegaard

• Hormone Shrink
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2017, 12:04:35 am »

Should be more steady state with cypionate or enanthate.  Of course, one debate if that is good or not, since it does not mimic as well our diurnal cycle.  I'm not sure propionate would do that either though.  Looks like there is considerable variation in the half life.

Yeah, I'd think doing even daily propionate is comparable to doing weekly cypionate.  If gels didn't have such a DHT issue, I'd agree wholeheartedly (little ol' doctorateless me) with Dr Crisler, who likes them precisely because they come closest to mimicking natural rhythms, and I think (correct me if I'm wrong) are much less likely to shut a guy down. 
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 12:51:52 am by PeakT »
"The same thing that makes you live can kill you in the end." -- Neil Young

March 2014: Dx low T (158ng/dl)
September 2015: Dx hypothyroidism, other adrenal hypofunction/low cortisol
Treatment: 30-35 mg cypionate subq E3D, 50 mcg levothyroxine QD; adaptogens
Supplements: fish oil, vitamin D3, magnesium, copper (low in serum), DIM, coq10, B vitamins (including hydroxyb12), probiotic, astaxanthin, iodine
Depression and anxiety guide: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Help_Anxiety_Depression.aspx

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2017, 12:57:06 am »

Yeah, I'd think doing even daily propionate is comparable to doing weekly cypionate.  If gels didn't have such a DHT issue, I'd agree wholeheartedly (little ol' doctorateless me) with Dr Crisler, who likes them precisely because they come closest to mimicking natural rhythms, and I think (correct me if I'm wrong) are much less likely to shut a guy down.

Kind of interesting how few guys on here - cujet being one of the rare exceptions - are using transdermals.  I think there are a number of practical reasons for that myself, but perhaps a lot of us have really missed the boat there.

Kierkegaard

• Hormone Shrink
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2017, 03:01:47 am »

Kind of interesting how few guys on here - cujet being one of the rare exceptions - are using transdermals.  I think there are a number of practical reasons for that myself, but perhaps a lot of us have really missed the boat there.

That is interesting, isn't it?  It seems like transdermals have lost their popularity here and maybe elsewhere over the last few years.  Cost is undoubtedly one reason.  Maybe subcutaneous injections and/or a more reasonable injection schedule are catching on and guys are liking it more?

There's a study I didn't save that shouldn't be that hard to find that pointed to how guys preferred injections over all other types of TRT, even transdermals, and I *think* this meant every two week injections.  That's saying a lot. 
"The same thing that makes you live can kill you in the end." -- Neil Young

March 2014: Dx low T (158ng/dl)
September 2015: Dx hypothyroidism, other adrenal hypofunction/low cortisol
Treatment: 30-35 mg cypionate subq E3D, 50 mcg levothyroxine QD; adaptogens
Supplements: fish oil, vitamin D3, magnesium, copper (low in serum), DIM, coq10, B vitamins (including hydroxyb12), probiotic, astaxanthin, iodine
Depression and anxiety guide: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Help_Anxiety_Depression.aspx

HRT Guru

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2017, 03:39:33 am »

If you're using T you're going to be shutdown in a matter of weeks.

Dr Justin Saya, MD

• View Profile
    • Defy Medical
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2017, 04:27:40 am »

If you're using T you're going to be shutdown in a matter of weeks.

HRTGuru is right, even very low dose transdermal (gel or cream - 1-2%) will shut down the HPTA in the matter of 6-8 weeks, almost invariably.
Lead Physician & Medical Director
http://www.defymedical.com

NOTE: Comments on this forum are NOT medical advice and are no substitute for individualized patient care. Comments on this forum do not constitute or establish a physician-patient relationship. Please consult your personal physician prior to initiating or changing ANY treatment regimen.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2017, 04:27:40 am »