Quantcast

Author Topic: Marijuana and Impotence  (Read 2417 times)

Please help me

• View Profile
Marijuana and Impotence
« on: April 06, 2017, 10:09:59 am »
There is currently lots of debate on if weed affects hormones and erections and while many credible source and study's say yes, many also say it doesn't, or that it's effects are minimal or only last 24hours. Due to this, I am going to try it out myself. How long would I need to stop smoking to see if it is the problem or not? I usually smoke a joint with 3 people every other day.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 10:11:49 am by Please help me »
18 years old
6 '1 18% BF
Test: 270
CRP: 5.5 (0-3) Inflammation
Tnf alpha 377 (under 22)
Interferron gamma: 10 (under 5)
Osteocalcin; 58 (9-38)
Prolactin 30 (5-16)
No pit tumors or prolactinoma
1 working kidney (born with multicystic kidney)
slight ilium inflammation
Ferritin 40 (30-464)

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Re: Marijuana and Impotence
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 11:45:14 am »
There is currently lots of debate on if weed affects hormones and erections and while many credible source and study's say yes, many also say it doesn't, or that it's effects are minimal or only last 24hours. Due to this, I am going to try it out myself. How long would I need to stop smoking to see if it is the problem or not? I usually smoke a joint with 3 people every other day.

No way smoking anything is going to be good for your arteries long term. 

Also, there are now a significant number of credible studies showing the new modern high THC marijuana is hard on the brain.
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program.aspx
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements. Yes, low T and E.D. are usually medical conditions.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 11:45:14 am »

Please help me

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 01:35:56 pm »
how long of a detox would it take for me to get erections back?
18 years old
6 '1 18% BF
Test: 270
CRP: 5.5 (0-3) Inflammation
Tnf alpha 377 (under 22)
Interferron gamma: 10 (under 5)
Osteocalcin; 58 (9-38)
Prolactin 30 (5-16)
No pit tumors or prolactinoma
1 working kidney (born with multicystic kidney)
slight ilium inflammation
Ferritin 40 (30-464)

Joe Sixpack

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 04:51:59 pm »
Probably depends on how much body fat you have.  THC is retained in fat.  The more fat the longer it will take.  My son had to wait 3-4 weeks after smoking his last joint before he could pass a drug test.  My son is very lean.  If you have any kind of body fat, it may take more than 4 weeks. 
Protocol: 35mg T Cyp 3x/week, 300 IU hCG 3x/week, 50mg DHEA + 50mg Pregnenalone daily.
1/2017 test results: TT: 1152 ng/dL (348-1197), FT: 23.7 pg/mL (7.2-24), E2: 22.0 pg/mL sensitive (8.0-35.0)

vvs1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2017, 08:04:22 pm »
Do you have morning erections? Or used to?

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2017, 08:04:22 pm »

werdisback

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2017, 02:37:22 am »

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6090909

"Marijuana affects a variety of hormones that are regulated by hypothalamic function and it appears that the psychoactive ingredient, THC, is the major compound responsible for this action. It is probable that THC affects these hormones through its ability to alter various neural transmitters in the hypothalamus or neural transmitters in the CNS which impinge on the hypothalamus. The dopaminergic and serotonergic fibers seem to be particularly important. The two gonadotropins, LH and FSH, secreted by the pituitary gland are of major importance to reproduction in the male. Both gonadotropins appear to respond to a single releasing factor from the hypothalamus, GnRH, which is sensitive to catecholamine neurotransmitters. The THC-induced block of GnRH release results in lowered LH and FSH which is responsible for reduced testosterone production by the Leydig cells of the testis. Other hormones that might have a synergistic or antagonistic effect upon reproduction in the male are the adrenal cortical hormones, prolactin, thyroid hormones, and growth hormones. THC appears to depress prolactin, thyroid gland function, and growth hormone while elevating adrenal cortical steroids. Chronic exposure of laboratory animals, such as rats, mice, and monkeys to marijuana and to the various cannabinoids in marijuana has altered the function of several of the accessory reproductive organs. Reports of reduced prostate and seminal vesicle weights, as well as altered testicular function, have been partially explained by the effect of marijuana in lowering serum testosterone needed for proper function and support. Although some of the change in organ weight may be due to lowered testosterone production by the Leydig cells of the testis, some of the weight changes may be due to a direct action of THC, and perhaps some of the other nonpsychoactive cannabinoids in marijuana, on the tissue themselves. Also, of concern are the reports that acute cannabinoid treatments affects the quality and quantity of spermatozoa produced by the testis. The question is still unanswered as to whether or not the effects observed on spermatozoa are due to a direct action of the cannabinoids on spermatogenesis, or whether some of the observed effects may be due to altered hormone levels which are necessary for the support of spermatogenesis. Reduced testosterone and FSH may be important in producing the observed changes in sperm production by the seminiferous tubules. Many of the effects on the endocrine system caused by chronic treatment of animals with THC are completely reversible with time and there is reason to believe that tolerance develops to these effects with acute exposure to THC.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 400 WORDS)"

So yes, THC in marijuana lowers testosterone and fertility.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2017, 01:08:29 am »
Yeah, I've had the NORML guys on me about this page.  They don't like what they see:

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/testosterone_marijuana.aspx

(I'm for legalization of marijuana btw.)
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program.aspx
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements. Yes, low T and E.D. are usually medical conditions.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2017, 01:08:29 am »