Quantcast

Author Topic: Overweight With Low Vitamin D and Low Testosterone  (Read 3957 times)

labatts03

• View Profile
Overweight With Low Vitamin D and Low Testosterone
« on: April 07, 2017, 06:26:50 pm »
Hello great group.  I have been scouring the internet for information and came across this great forum, and would like to get some feedback. 

I am 44 year old male,  I am currently 6 feet tall and 250 pounds, with a lot of belly fat and man boobs.  Arms and legs have very little fat.  I have never had an ED issues, but for the longest time, I always feel like I have no energy, and actual pains and aches in my larger muscles all the time.  I lose my train of thought a lot, am moody, and have little strength, or at least it disappears quickly.  My family jewels have also decreased in size.  For the past year I walk and jog almost an hour everyday, and have an extremely strict clean diet of under 1800 calories 6 days a week.  I will lose a few pounds, then gain back.  Started lifting again, but can not make it through a routine because I get so tired out. 

Family members were amazed because the weight would just not move off.  Well the is not exactly true, If I keep my calories under 1200 the weight will go down to about 225 then stall, and once I start eating at the 1800 range, the weight comes back.  Family members were getting worried, they eat more, and do less exercise and stay at a healthy level.  I decided to get my blood tests, thinking I was going to have an thyroid issue.   The tests came back and yes, you guessed it, my Testosterone free serum was low.  So, here are my numbers:

Test Free Serum: 213   349-1197
Free Test Direct:  16.1  6.8-21.5
DHEA-Sulfate: 410.4  102.6-416.3
Estradiol:  28.2  7.6-42.6
PAS:  .5     0-4
IGF-1: 122  75-216
Vit D: 14.3  30-100
Growth Hormone:  0.1   0-10
TSH: 1.7    .450-4.50
T4:  8.6   4.5-12.00
T3:  32     24-39
Free T4:   2.8    1.2-4.9
Did not get LSH or FSH numbers.

So I have looked up low Testosterone and I have many of the symptoms, and hear conflicting information with people that are overweight such as myself.  I guess I am asking if I take testosterone will it help me feel better, and possibly help me take care of the weight I have been carrying around.  This has been a long time problem, and just tired living the way I am living.  I have seen the doctor already and they feel that Vitamin D and T treatment will help, but they wanted another reading first to see my levels first thing in the morning.  I am guessing I will get those on Monday.  I am looking for some direction from others that have gone through this, to see if you think Test will help, or is the fat I am carrying going to just suck up the Test and not do anything. 
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 12:03:04 am by PeakT »
Current Treatment:
.17 ml 100 mg/ml Test Prop ED
400 units of 1100 HCG Twice a week
.15 Airimedx EOD
Starting T 200
Current T:  unknown

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Re: Overweight With Low Vitamin D and Low Testosterone
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2017, 12:02:12 am »
Hello great group.  I have been scouring the internet for information and came across this great forum, and would like to get some feedback. 

I am 44 year old male,  I am currently 6 feet tall and 250 pounds, with a lot of belly fat and man boobs.  Arms and legs have very little fat.  I have never had an ED issues, but for the longest time, I always feel like I have no energy, and actual pains and aches in my larger muscles all the time.  I lose my train of thought a lot, am moody, and have little strength, or at least it disappears quickly.  My family jewels have also decreased in size.  For the past year I walk and jog almost an hour everyday, and have an extremely strict clean diet of under 1800 calories 6 days a week.  I will lose a few pounds, then gain back.  Started lifting again, but can not make it through a routine because I get so tired out. 

Family members were amazed because the weight would just not move off.  Well the is not exactly true, If I keep my calories under 1200 the weight will go down to about 225 then stall, and once I start eating at the 1800 range, the weight comes back.  Family members were getting worried, they eat more, and do less exercise and stay at a healthy level.  I decided to get my blood tests, thinking I was going to have an thyroid issue.   The tests came back and yes, you guessed it, my Testosterone free serum was low.  So, here are my numbers:

Test Free Serum: 213   349-1197
Free Test Direct:  16.1  6.8-21.5
DHEA-Sulfate: 410.4  102.6-416.3
Estradiol:  28.2  7.6-42.6
PAS:  .5     0-4
IGF-1: 122  75-216
Vit D: 14.3  30-100
Growth Hormone:  0.1   0-10
TSH: 1.7    .450-4.50
T4:  8.6   4.5-12.00
T3:  32     24-39
Free T4:   2.8    1.2-4.9
Did not get LSH or FSH numbers.

So I have looked up low Testosterone and I have many of the symptoms, and hear conflicting information with people that are overweight such as myself.  I guess I am asking if I take testosterone will it help me feel better, and possibly help me take care of the weight I have been carrying around.  This has been a long time problem, and just tired living the way I am living.  I have seen the doctor already and they feel that Vitamin D and T treatment will help, but they wanted another reading first to see my levels first thing in the morning.  I am guessing I will get those on Monday.  I am looking for some direction from others that have gone through this, to see if you think Test will help, or is the fat I am carrying going to just suck up the Test and not do anything.

Your Vitamin D is super low and so that can definitely be an issue.  Correcting that can even raise you testosterone some:

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Testosterone_Vitamin-D.aspx

And, yes, there is good evidence that (usually), if you drop 50+ pounds, you could dramatically increase your testosterone levels:

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Testosterone_Weight_Loss.aspx
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program.aspx
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2017, 12:02:12 am »

labatts03

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2017, 07:12:27 am »
]

Your Vitamin D is super low and so that can definitely be an issue.  Correcting that can even raise you testosterone some:

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Testosterone_Vitamin-D.aspx

And, yes, there is good evidence that (usually), if you drop 50+ pounds, you could dramatically increase your testosterone levels:

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Testosterone_Weight_Loss.aspx

Thank you so much for these links.  They were extremely informative and put together well.  It is nice you care so much for other man with similar issues.
Current Treatment:
.15 Airimedx EOD
Starting T 200

labatts03

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2017, 05:23:19 pm »
Update:

Second reading came back

Serum Test:  204
Free test:  10
Current Treatment:
.15 Airimedx EOD
Starting T 200

Retardo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2017, 11:23:29 pm »

And, yes, there is good evidence that, if you drop fat, you could dramatically increase your testosterone levels:

http:/x

yeah, or take a low dose AI to reduce E2, that would also raise test.

I am 44 year old male,  I am currently 6 feet tall and 250 pounds, with a lot of belly fat and man boobs
  For the past year I walk and jog almost an hour everyday, and have an extremely strict clean diet of under 1800 calories 6 days a week.  I will lose a few pounds, then gain back.  Started lifting again, but can not make it through a routine because I get so tired out. 

yes, your  body does not follow thermodynamics
you are one of thew few guys who can burn more calories than you eat and not lose fat

is that what you think?
I bet that's how you feel, I FELT THAT WAY!! :'(
 you and I have much in common..dealing with weight.

what works, to prove to yourself what you are doing,  track your calories
everything that goes into your mouth, log the calories
then log what you do for exercise

6ft man, eating "under" 1800 calories, who walks/jogs 1 hour each day AND lifts weights?
Hmmm

People have  a well documented inability to do two things
1 estimate what they eat(they always guess too low)
2 estimate how much they moved(they guess too high)

yes, yuo have LOW T and that can be an issue, I lost 50+lbs with a  starting T of 248ng, what matters is establishing a caloric deficit

jog, lift weights, do whatever you want to do, BUT  have a caloric deficit
think your body will go into "starvation mode" or some other catchy word the media uses?

Doubtful, not at 250lbs and 6ft(get to 200lbs then worry a lil)
or read this and don
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minnesota_Starvation_Experiment
 Minnesota Semi-Starvation Experiment
 The investigation was designed to determine the physiological and psychological effects of severe and prolonged dietary restriction and the effectiveness of dietary rehabilitation strategies.
bunch of lean men,  ate half maintence of fewer calories and did WALKING and all got under sub 10% bodyfat
the biggest drop in metabolism was 40%,(so they were still losing fat, even at sub 10%)
so yeah, eat less, move more and TRACK IT(quantify it) and you will lose  fat

yes,stalls happen, weight loss is not a liner process
Id add more vit C to your diet, for lots of reasons(see links below) but mostly cause you need collagen, your body is mostly collagen and you can't make collagen without vit C, which isnt in the body very long and low vit C will lead to heart diease

lyle mcdonald has a mean articile about your misconceptions about dieting
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/you-are-not-different.html/

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2017, 11:23:29 pm »

Retardo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2017, 11:29:56 pm »
Update:

Second reading came back

from the 1st post, your e2 wasnt even above 29
and you have a really low testostrone
did you take in the morning?
was your estradoil test HS?

still, establish a caloric deficit, pop some vit D, vit k2, vit C and as much as you want to run, etc,  I'd    first make sure you get into a caloric  defict by loggging all my intake
i've known too many people(fatties) who swear they know EVERYTHING they eat, but then they log what htey eat fat falls off
keep us updated please

labatts03

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2017, 09:21:02 am »

from the 1st post, your e2 wasnt even above 29
and you have a really low testostrone
did you take in the morning?
was your estradoil test HS?

still, establish a caloric deficit, pop some vit D, vit k2, vit C and as much as you want to run, etc,  I'd    first make sure you get into a caloric  defict by loggging all my intake
i've known too many people(fatties) who swear they know EVERYTHING they eat, but then they log what htey eat fat falls off
keep us updated please

Thanks for the input.  My last numbers was first thing in morning.  It was done by my health care provider and not Labcorp.  I do not know if my Estradoil test was HS, it was done my lab corp, and all it says is:  Estradiol ECLIA methodology, the actual lab order says just Estradoil.  Is that the correct test? 

I have been logging my meals for some time, the reason I am walking so much and then jogging (or least trying to jog) is my dog that I got a year ago.  I do not walk an hour at a time however, usually 3-4 twenty minute walks, each walk measuring around 2000 steps actually measured by pedometer  I have learned to not lie to my self, and that is why I have decided to finally get the blood work done and try to figure out what the hell is going on.  If I was not so fat and you saw my numbers, what would you say?  I appreciate your candidness though, and I hope to gather what ever information I can from this board.
Current Treatment:
.15 Airimedx EOD
Starting T 200

Retardo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2017, 10:04:27 am »

Thanks for the input.  My last numbers was first thing in morning.  It was done by my health care provider and not Labcorp.  I do not know if my Estradoil test was HS, it was done my lab corp, and all it says is:  Estradiol ECLIA methodology, the actual lab order says just Estradoil.  Is that the correct test? 

I have been logging my meals for some time, the reason I am walking so much and then jogging (or least trying to jog) is my dog that I got a year ago.  I do not walk an hour at a time however, usually 3-4 twenty minute walks, each walk measuring around 2000 steps actually measured by pedometer  I have learned to not lie to my self, and that is why I have decided to finally get the blood work done and try to figure out what the hell is going on.  If I was not so fat and you saw my numbers, what would you say?  I appreciate your candidness though, and I hope to gather what ever information I can from this board.
you are welcome
you are not here for a hug and pat on the head, you are here to fix your situation
I said what I had to say about your low numbers, they are low, e2 might be ok,
but you want a ratio of 30-40
http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Testosterone_Estrogen_Ratio.aspx
I would walk your dog and not run/jog, I'd focus on walking and lifting and eating in a deficit

Id get a HS-e2 test, it is called HS-(high sensitivity)

if you can't lose weight, and you are eating under 1800 calories 6 days a week, the 7th day is not working for you?
do you track the 7th day?
how many steps are you walking a day?
what matters is how much you eat.
track better

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2017, 10:04:27 am »

PLEASE SUPPORT THE SITE AND GIVE AN AMAZON REVIEW IF POSSIBLE:

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2017, 10:08:56 pm »
Update:

Second reading came back

Sure that free testosterone could cause issues in and of itself according to quite a number of studies:

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/free_testosterone_levels.aspx
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program.aspx
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

labatts03

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2017, 11:03:52 am »
So I have received the next batch of results today for my blood work.  I coughed up another 150 bones because of some questions about estradiol, and decided to run some other basic tests before I started therapy. 
LH  5.5  1.7-8.4
FSH: 2.6  1.5-12.4
Prolactin: 12.3  4-15.2
Estradiol, sensitive: 21.3  8-35

And yes, I started therapy.  No doubt that some things are improving, but not the way I thought it would.  I little bit improvement everyday, no major improvement like I expected (not sure why I thought it would be like :Ah ha, that is the ticket moment, when most people say it takes about three months.) .   It will take awhile for my body to adjust, but my muscles aches are much reduced, and notice much more stamina then before.  It has not helped with strength issues yet, but no bad pain for three to four days after working out was nice.  The most surprising aspect for me was how thirsty I was the first day.  That has normalized but man, I had to drink so much water, then kept waking up to pee. 

I am taking a compounded formula.

Current Treatment:
.15 Airimedx EOD
Starting T 200

Retardo

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2017, 12:12:56 pm »
So I have received the next batch of results today for my blood work.  I coughed up another 150 bones because of some questions about estradiol, and decided to run some other basic tests before I started therapy. 
LH  5.5  1.7-8.4
FSH: 2.6  1.5-12.4
Prolactin: 12.3  4-15.2
Estradiol, sensitive: 21.3  8-35

And yes, I started therapy.  No doubt that some things are improving, but not the way I thought it would.  I little bit improvement everyday, no major improvement like I expected (not sure why I thought it would be like :Ah ha, that is the ticket moment, when most people say it takes about three months.) .   It will take awhile for my body to adjust, but my muscles aches are much reduced, and notice much more stamina then before.  It has not helped with strength issues yet, but no bad pain for three to four days after working out was nice.  The most surprising aspect for me was how thirsty I was the first day.  That has normalized but man, I had to drink so much water, then kept waking up to pee. 

I am taking a compounded formula.

so you coughed up 150 BONES and got no total Testosterone reading?

Id  be sure to get in some basic minerals
vit C
magnesium
vit D(to a certain level,  40ng/ml)
Vit K2 keeps calcium out of arteries/soft tissue

the more the better for all cept vit D
also, are you tracking EVERYTHING you are eating?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0LLX0sgwAU
this lecture sums up a lot

8:43 to see why Goats, hardly eve get sick and if they get sick, they often die(hint: they make 13,000 mg /KG(or about 6grams/lb, or for a 130lbs  person,about  780 grams) and when it gets sick/stressed,  10x as much is mad...since goats make vit C from glucose, now we know why they eat everything!)
(that is if I did my math right!)

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2017, 12:12:56 pm »