Quantcast

Author Topic: Help! My libido is non-existant.  (Read 2452 times)

Deaglan

• View Profile
Help! My libido is non-existant.
« on: June 17, 2017, 08:50:03 am »
I have seen this topic mentioned in the past, but with my specific situation, I'm not finding any good direction to follow. So, I started TRT two and a half years ago. Before starting TRT, my libido wasn't terrible, and to be honest it was probably better than it is now. I am currently, and have been receiving 250 mg of Testosterone Cypionate weekly, for about a year now. I started to notice a significant decline in libido probably about 4 months ago. My libido hasn't been what I would consider "good" for at least 5 years. I told my TRT doctor, and they did some labwork a few weeks ago. Here are my most recent labs, these are the only ones that I have: TT: 952. FT: 21. Estradiol:54. PSA: 1.7. My TRT doctor prescribed me .50 mg of Anastrozole weekly, for the elevated E2. It doesnt seen to affect my libido, but I have noticed a slight bit more irritability and aggresion when using it. I'm not sure if it's relevant, but I had also visited my PCP about three weeks ago for a yearly routine check-up. Here are my labs done then: Fasting blood glucose: 84. TSH: 1.9. My blood pressure, cholesterol, and my liver enzymes were all "very good". I have no idea what else to check. I have seen some mention of cortisol, and prolactin, but I have absolutely none of the symptoms of either of these imbalances, except of course the lack of a libido. I should also note, that since December of last year I have lost  exactly 50 pounds of FAT. I did this purposely, and this wasn't from being sick or anything else. I started off weighing 253 pounds, @ 29 percent body fat. I currently weigh 203 pounds, @ 12 percent body fat. I did not use any chemicals, pharmaceuticals, or extreme caloric deficient methods. I simply reduced the amount I was eating, made better food choices, and I supplemented with apple cider vinegar, a good multivitamin, a multimineral, digestive enzymes, and a good liver support supplement( I did this because last fall my PCP told me I had fatty liver, and it was caused from eating too many processed foods).
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 08:52:50 am by Deaglan »

sh1209

• View Profile
Re: Help! My libido is non-existant.
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2017, 08:57:38 am »
That's a really hefty dose of cypionate, and I can assure you, it will eventually cause you problems. I have found with libido that I seem to do better with lower doses, such as 80mg per week, but I have high shbg. Your shbg has to be low for your total t to be in the 900s. If it is low you would probably do better with two or more small weekly injections. I have been on TRT over seven years and libido for me has been the hardest thing to dial in. I'd recommend doing a shbg test for sure to see how you need to be dosing. Just my thoughts, not a doctor.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2017, 08:57:38 am »

Deaglan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2017, 09:04:44 am »
Thanks for the reply sh1209. Actually my SHBG is high, according to my doctor. I don't recall what it is exactly, but the reason I'm taking so much cyp, is to get a better FT reading. Like I said, I can't recall my SHBG, but it was on the higher end of  the normal range,....I want to say like 47 was the number.

sh1209

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2017, 09:07:22 am »
Mine is normally 47-48 and 100mg of cyp per week will have my total t at almost 950ng on day seven. Typically the higher shbg results in high total T, but maybe you respond differently.

Deaglan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2017, 09:28:32 am »
You had me curious, I had to look mine up... My most recent SHBG was:37. The lowest dosage of cyp I've ever been prescribed was 120 mg. This was when I was first started TRT too. At that dosage my TT and FT improved about 60 percent above the original baseline numbers.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2017, 09:28:32 am »

Cataceous

• View Profile
Re: Help! My libido is non-existent.
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2017, 09:31:14 am »
Low libido can be a tough nut to crack. Other things to look at and experiment with are DHT and neurotransmitters. DHT can be raised by directly applying testosterone cream to the scrotum. Dopamine and acetylcholine can be raised with various supplements.
I am not a medical doctor; any suggestions are meant to be discussed with your doctor.
Protocol: 18 mg T enanthate subQ qod, 250 IU hCG subQ qod, 6.25 mg DHEA orally bid
5/2017 test results: TT: 800 ng/dL (348-1197), FT: 16 pg/mL (7.2-24), E2: 50 pg/mL sensitive (8.0-35.0), DHEA-S: 278 ug/dL (71.6-375.4)

phoenix

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2017, 10:04:17 am »
Any change in your life / dating situation recently?

Deaglan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2017, 11:58:54 am »
No. Nothing new.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2017, 11:58:54 am »

PLEASE SUPPORT THE SITE AND GIVE AN AMAZON REVIEW IF POSSIBLE:

Deaglan

• View Profile
Re: Help! My libido is non-existent.
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2017, 12:04:35 pm »
Low libido can be a tough nut to crack. Other things to look at and experiment with are DHT and neurotransmitters. DHT can be raised by directly applying testosterone cream to the scrotum. Dopamine and acetylcholine can be raised with various supplements.

I don't have access to transdermal testosterone cream/gel. I have heard the same thing before too. I've also heard that transdermal DHEA will work similarly at increasing DHT. I don't think I've ever had DHT tested, but I am assuming that since I am taking testosterone, that my DHT levels would be fairly good.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2017, 03:12:11 pm »
I have seen this topic mentioned in the past, but with my specific situation, I'm not finding any good direction to follow. So, I started TRT two and a half years ago. Before starting TRT, my libido wasn't terrible, and to be honest it was probably better than it is now. I am currently, and have been receiving 250 mg of Testosterone Cypionate weekly, for about a year now. I started to notice a significant decline in libido probably about 4 months ago. My libido hasn't been what I would consider "good" for at least 5 years. I told my TRT doctor, and they did some labwork a few weeks ago. Here are my most recent labs, these are the only ones that I have: TT: 952. FT: 21. Estradiol:54. PSA: 1.7. My TRT doctor prescribed me .50 mg of Anastrozole weekly, for the elevated E2. It doesnt seen to affect my libido, but I have noticed a slight bit more irritability and aggresion when using it. I'm not sure if it's relevant, but I had also visited my PCP about three weeks ago for a yearly routine check-up. Here are my labs done then: Fasting blood glucose: 84. TSH: 1.9. My blood pressure, cholesterol, and my liver enzymes were all "very good". I have no idea what else to check. I have seen some mention of cortisol, and prolactin, but I have absolutely none of the symptoms of either of these imbalances, except of course the lack of a libido. I should also note, that since December of last year I have lost  exactly 50 pounds of FAT. I did this purposely, and this wasn't from being sick or anything else. I started off weighing 253 pounds, @ 29 percent body fat. I currently weigh 203 pounds, @ 12 percent body fat. I did not use any chemicals, pharmaceuticals, or extreme caloric deficient methods. I simply reduced the amount I was eating, made better food choices, and I supplemented with apple cider vinegar, a good multivitamin, a multimineral, digestive enzymes, and a good liver support supplement( I did this because last fall my PCP told me I had fatty liver, and it was caused from eating too many processed foods).

What is your shbg?

If you really have fatty liver, that would explain just about everything.  How did he diagnose you?  A1C?
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program.aspx
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements. Yes, low T and E.D. are usually medical conditions.

Deaglan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2017, 04:22:15 pm »
My SHBG is 37. I had an upper abdomen ultrasound done, because I was having symptoms of gallstones. My gallbladder looked fine, but that was when he discovered the fatty liver. None of my liver functioning tests can back abnormal, in fact all of enzymes and markers were well within the normal range. I don't drink alcohol, and don't have and have never had any sort of jaundice or hepatitis.   He said that fatty liver is very common, and that I could actually reverse it by eliminating processed carbohydrates, and he also encouraged me to look into Milk Thistle extract. I do not eat processed foods anymore, and I take a liver supplement with multiple herbs and vitamin/minerals. This was in October, when I was originally diagnosed with fatty liver. My  liver was originally estimated to be 9-10 % "fatty", this is the minimum percentage it has to be considered "fatty" liver. I went back 7 months later in May, and then did another ultrasound. This time my liver was showing much less fat deposits, they estimated somewhere between 5 and 6%. Again, all of my blood panel and blood liver tests came back normal. I just don't know what's going on with the libido issues! I'm going to consider trying a topical DHEA and maybe some pregnenolone too, since I know these precursor hormones can be diminished from being on TRT. I have maybe considered persuading my doctor about giving me some HUg too. I've heard both of these help some guys....
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 04:25:24 pm by Deaglan »

ghce

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2017, 04:38:02 pm »
Hugs are always good :D

Any thing that raises your DHT would be worth trying there are a range of supplements with a good track record such as Creatine Monohydrate, Maca.
2014 Androderm Patches
2014-2016 Andriol 160mg
June 2016 Clomid/Serophene 12.5mg EOD
September 2016 no TRT all natural and supplements for the time being
February 2017 Testosterone cream 100mg daily

Sept 2016
Testosterone   8.2 nmol/l   9-38
Free Testosterone   239 pmol/l   L   250-800
SHBG:  14    nmol/L   9-60
Free Androgen index   586   >400
Oestradiol    112   pmol/L    <190
LH    2.6 IU/L Adult male   2 - 9 IU/L
FSH  1.4 IU/L Adult male L2 - 12 IU/L

22 November
T 6.8  nmol/L ( 9-38 ) L

March 2017
Testosterone:   45.0  nmol/L ( 9-38 ) H ( 1,323 ng/dl )
Free Testosterone:   1512  pmol/L ( 250-800 ) H
SHBG:   17  nmol/L ( 9-60 )
Plasma IGF-1:   227 ug/L ( 55-198 ) H
Plasma cortisol:   434 nmol/L ( 0600-1000 hrs 170-500 nmol/L )
HbA1c:   36 mmol/mol ( 20-40 )
LH:   <0.1 IU/L
FSH:   0.1 IU/L
DHT Plasma Dihydrotestosterone:   7455   pmol/L ( 223 ng/dl ) 

Reference Range Adult males  1000-6000 pmol/L

Deaglan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2017, 05:12:12 pm »
Yeah, I get the DHT idea. It makes sense, seeing as DHT is ten times more androgenic than Testosterone, and I'm sure if I took like ten grams of CM a day, or rubbed Androgen on my sack that it would probably increase my DHT significantly. With a TT of 952, and a FT reading of 21, my DHT  should be around 90-95, unless I have some rare genetic disorder where I don't produce the  5a-reductase enzyme. This can't be the case though, because if I had a 5a-reductase disorder, then I would have never developed secondary male characteristics. If I had no facial or bodyhair, a micropenis, and my testicles hadn't dropped, then I'd be looking more strongly  into DHT. I don't have labs done for another five months, so I also don't want to try and self medicate hoping to increase my DHT, and get a high PSA reading, either. I'm not one of these idiots whom think that DHT is bad, and is causes BPH. I just don't think having supraphysiological DHT levels is necessary to have a normal libido. I forgot to mention, I often have night time/ early morning  erections. I can also get an erection pretty easy, but I don't keep one very long, because the drive, well just isn't there...
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 05:15:12 pm by Deaglan »

Deaglan

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2017, 05:21:15 pm »
My SHBG is 37. I had an upper abdomen ultrasound done, because I was having symptoms of gallstones. My gallbladder looked fine, but that was when he discovered the fatty liver. None of my liver functioning tests can back abnormal, in fact all of enzymes and markers were well within the normal range. I don't drink alcohol, and don't have and have never had any sort of jaundice or hepatitis.   He said that fatty liver is very common, and that I could actually reverse it by eliminating processed carbohydrates, and he also encouraged me to look into Milk Thistle extract. I do not eat processed foods anymore, and I take a liver supplement with multiple herbs and vitamin/minerals. This was in October, when I was originally diagnosed with fatty liver. My  liver was originally estimated to be 9-10 % "fatty", this is the minimum percentage it has to be considered "fatty" liver. I went back 7 months later in May, and then did another ultrasound. This time my liver was showing much less fat deposits, they estimated somewhere between 5 and 6%. Again, all of my blood panel and blood liver tests came back normal. I just don't know what's going on with the libido issues! I'm going to consider trying a topical DHEA and maybe some pregnenolone too, since I know these precursor hormones can be diminished from being on TRT. I have maybe considered persuading my doctor about giving me some HCg too. I've heard both of these help some guys....

Deaglan

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2017, 05:23:02 pm »
Hugs are always good :D

Any thing that raises your DHT would be worth trying there are a range of supplements with a good track record such as Creatine Monohydrate, Maca.

LOL! I just saw where I typed HUg! I was like, "hugs are always good" what?! LOL

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2017, 05:23:02 pm »