Quantcast

Author Topic: DIY Anastrozole Solution With Vodka? (Prescribed 1mg tabs)  (Read 766 times)

bbnoob25

• View Profile
DIY Anastrozole Solution With Vodka? (Prescribed 1mg tabs)
« on: June 17, 2017, 04:09:20 pm »
Hi All,

I'm trying to dial in E2 and rather than pay for the compounded version each month I'd rather just create the solution that I can adjust dosage more easily and cheaply, problem is I haven't found  great instructions for it.

I know you need some type of vodka (nor sure which) and 5 1mg tabs and mix in 5ml of vodka, then use an eyedropper and measure out how any drops 1ml is, and take the associated dose you want.

I'm not sure of a few things, one being how to measure out 1ml or 5ml of liquid, as that seems like a very small amount to precisely measure out. Second is what type of alcohol, or other type of solution to use for mixing. Third is where to store the liquid for later use.

Any help is appreciated!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 05:42:38 pm by PeakT »
Current protocol
Test cyp = 80mg E3.5D
hCG = 350iu 3x per week
Anastrozole = .25mg E3.5D

HRT Guru

• View Profile
Re: DIY Anastrozole Solution With Vodka? (Prescribed 1mg tabs)
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2017, 05:38:19 pm »
Use these to measure it, do not use drops there's not much of a good way to calc a dose that way, but you're otherwise clear on the rest of your post, use a plain cheap Vodka, 5mL to 5-1mg tablets. Crush and dissolve and you can dose it however you want. Using the 1mL measuring tool it's easy... .25mL = .25mg, .50mL = .50mg, and so forth.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 05:42:48 pm by PeakT »

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2017, 05:38:19 pm »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2017, 05:43:53 pm »
Hi All,

I'm trying to dial in E2 and rather than pay for the compounded version each month I'd rather just create the solution that I can adjust dosage more easily and cheaply, problem is I haven't found  great instructions for it.

I know you need some type of vodka (nor sure which) and 5 1mg tabs and mix in 5ml of vodka, then use an eyedropper and measure out how any drops 1ml is, and take the associated dose you want.

I'm not sure of a few things, one being how to measure out 1ml or 5ml of liquid, as that seems like a very small amount to precisely measure out. Second is what type of alcohol, or other type of solution to use for mixing. Third is where to store the liquid for later use.

Any help is appreciated!

A teaspoon is 5 ml.
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements. Yes, low T and E.D. are usually medical conditions.  There are potential risk with HRT:  http://www.peaktestosterone.com/testosterone_risks.aspx.
My Health History: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/My_Health_Story.aspx.
And check out my new Peak Testosterone Program on the right side of my home page: http://www.peaktestosterone.com.

bbnoob25

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2017, 05:54:00 pm »
Use these to measure it, do not use drops there's not much of a good way to calc a dose that way, but you're otherwise clear on the rest of your post, use a plain cheap Vodka, 5mL to 5-1mg tablets. Crush and dissolve and you can dose it however you want. Using the 1mL measuring tool it's easy... .25mL = .25mg, .50mL = .50mg, and so forth.

Hi peak, thanks for the info. When you say "use these to measure" what are you referring to?
Current protocol
Test cyp = 80mg E3.5D
hCG = 350iu 3x per week

Boxcar

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2017, 08:51:02 pm »
For precise liquid dosing, 1 ml syringes can work great.  I got a box of 100 for $10 on Amazon (Easy Glide brand, "Luer Slip" ).  They are also zero waste syringes, which is a nice feature.
178 lbs 5'8''

Current Treatment: 50 mg testosterone cypionate IM, twice a week
Low T Symptoms: Chronic pelvic pain, and other neuropathic pain.  Mild anxiety, low energy and low motivation
Meds: Amitriptyline (for pain, not depression), Clonidine (for sleep, not blood pressure)

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2017, 08:51:02 pm »

PLEASE SUPPORT THE SITE AND GIVE AN AMAZON REVIEW IF POSSIBLE:

bbnoob25

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2017, 09:05:33 pm »
For precise liquid dosing, 1 ml syringes can work great.  I got a box of 100 for $10 on Amazon (Easy Glide brand, "Luer Slip" ).  They are also zero waste syringes, which is a nice feature.

So after I make the mixture, I use the syringe to dose out whatever I need? It would need to be much, much less than 1ml, as 1ml would be 1mg, so I would probably want 0.05ml. Is that possible?
Current protocol
Test cyp = 80mg E3.5D
hCG = 350iu 3x per week

Dr Justin Saya, MD

• View Profile
    • Defy Medical
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2017, 09:41:12 pm »

The problem is "precise" and liquid solution (in the context of the topic of this thread) do not coexist. Despite "liquidex" and the like being available from the research peptide sites, etcetera...there aren't any studies (that I'm aware of) to vouch for the stability and/or consistency of the aforementioned solution. Liquid solutions such as this, especially when not completely soluble, are prone to inconsistency which will translate into inconsistency in dosage received.

Don't get me wrong, I've had patients use this technique and in fact I've even suggested it for some when the compounded anastrozole caps were truly cost prohibitive...but for most guys looking to save a few bucks they should sacrifice in other areas before sacrificing with their prescribed medications. Perhaps use a couple gallons less of gas per week and shift those funds to getting the stable/consistent compounded capsules.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 09:42:56 pm by Dr Justin Saya, MD »
Lead Physician & Medical Director
http://www.defymedical.com

NOTE: Comments on this forum are NOT medical advice and are no substitute for individualized patient care. Comments on this forum do not constitute or establish a physician-patient relationship. Please consult your personal physician prior to initiating or changing ANY treatment regimen.

Boxcar

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2017, 09:44:35 pm »

So after I make the mixture, I use the syringe to dose out whatever I need? It would need to be much, much less than 1ml, as 1ml would be 1mg, so I would probably want 0.05ml. Is that possible?

Yes, 0.05ml is possible with those, no problem. Let me know if you want a link for the product. They work great for micro-dosing.
178 lbs 5'8''

Low T Symptoms: Chronic pelvic pain, and other neuropathic pain.  Mild anxiety, low energy and low motivation
Meds: Amitriptyline (for pain, not depression), Clonidine (for sleep, not blood pressure)

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2017, 09:44:35 pm »

Boxcar

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2017, 11:19:35 pm »

The problem is "precise" and liquid solution (in the context of the topic of this thread) do not coexist. Despite "liquidex" and the like being available from the research peptide sites, etcetera...there aren't any studies (that I'm aware of) to vouch for the stability and/or consistency of the aforementioned solution. Liquid solutions such as this, especially when not completely soluble, are prone to inconsistency which will translate into inconsistency in dosage received.

Don't get me wrong, I've had patients use this technique and in fact I've even suggested it for some when the compounded anastrozole caps were truly cost prohibitive...but for most guys looking to save a few bucks they should sacrifice in other areas before sacrificing with their prescribed medications. Perhaps use a couple gallons less of gas per week and shift those funds to getting the stable/consistent compounded capsules.

Thanks for mentioning that... I agree.  I only meant to say that the syringes are definitely great at measuring out small amounts of liquid. I have no idea if vodka dissolved tablets is a viable plan.  I do know that the peptide sites will sometimes use alcohol as the primary carrier and that there are guys who have lab-confirmed results using these products (But that is also a "buyer beware" situation, as I understand these outfits generally source their drugs from Chinese producers, outside of standard pharmaceutical supply chains. There are real concerns about purity with these gray market drugs.)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 11:28:12 pm by Boxcar »
178 lbs 5'8''

bbnoob25

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2017, 11:29:27 am »

Dr,

I really appreciate your response. In order to be able to adjust a dose without needing a new script every time, what dose would you recommend I request get prescribed for compounding? I'm thinking 0.05mg per capsule x60 per month. Thanks!
Current protocol
Test cyp = 80mg E3.5D
hCG = 350iu 3x per week

Dr Justin Saya, MD

• View Profile
    • Defy Medical
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2017, 12:08:06 pm »

Dr,

I really appreciate your response. In order to be able to adjust a dose without needing a new script every time, what dose would you recommend I request get prescribed for compounding? I'm thinking 0.05mg per capsule x60 per month. Thanks!

That would really depend wholly on your past response to prior anastrozole dosages and your sensitivity to the medication. Anastrozole 0.05mg is within the range of what I consider a micro-dose which is typically not going to crash E2 levels unless exquisitely sensitive.
Lead Physician & Medical Director
http://www.defymedical.com

NOTE: Comments on this forum are NOT medical advice and are no substitute for individualized patient care. Comments on this forum do not constitute or establish a physician-patient relationship. Please consult your personal physician prior to initiating or changing ANY treatment regimen.

bbnoob25

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2017, 03:46:25 pm »

Dr,

That would really depend wholly on your past response to prior anastrozole dosages and your sensitivity to the medication. Anastrozole 0.05mg is within the range of what I consider a micro-dose which is typically not going to crash E2 levels unless exquisitely sensitive.

Hi Dr,

I crashed my E2 with just 0.25mg E3.5D while on 100mg of test and 1050mg of hCG, split in divided doses each week. Does 0.05mg sound about right to try out?
Current protocol
Test cyp = 80mg E3.5D
hCG = 350iu 3x per week

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2017, 06:39:01 am »

Dr,

Hi Dr,

I crashed my E2 with just 0.25mg E3.5D while on 100mg of test and 1050mg of hCG, split in divided doses each week. Does 0.05mg sound about right to try out?

You can't ask for exact dosing requirements of a pharmaceutical on here.  That's not going to happen. 
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements. Yes, low T and E.D. are usually medical conditions.  There are potential risk with HRT:  http://www.peaktestosterone.com/testosterone_risks.aspx.
And check out my new Peak Testosterone Program on the right side of my home page: http://www.peaktestosterone.com.

Dboy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2017, 08:54:25 pm »
I cant make any recommendations as I am not a medical professional but I can tell what I personally do.

If you can get compounded arimadex/liquidex that is definately much more precise as the Dr was saying. I hope to be getting compounded arimadex on my next yearly script from my anti aging clinic but have been limited to using 1mg adex tabs in the mean time using the vodka method till I get my next yearly script (each yearly script costs me a fair bit each script so this is pretty good till then). I can tell you how I do it and I believe it is alot more accurate that the ratios of using 5 x 1mg tabs and mix in 5ml of vodka. I use increments as low as 0.025mg of arimadex and in order to go that low and keep it accurate as possible (still not as accurate as compounded but i reckon its pretty close) I need to use more Vodka.

This is how I do it:

I use 1mg tab per 20ml of Vodka. This will yield 0.05mg of Arimadex per 1ml of Vodka. (And yes it is important to use 40% alcohol like vodka and not just water so you don't allow bacterial growth).

I always measure the 20ml Vodka using a large oral medicinal syringe that has 5ml/10ml/15/ml/20ml markings. For each 1mg tab of Arimadex I use 20ml Vodka. I use a pill cutter to cut the 1mg tabs into quarters just to help it dissolve but you probably dont need to do that, should dissolve just fine, I am impatient tho  :P

Before I measure out my arimadex dose for ingesting I ALWAYS shake the bottle and promptly and use a 5ml cough syrup syringe (with 1ml and 1/2 ml increment markings) to draw up the intended dose. I try to do this promptly as possible as there is a small amount of sediment that settles over time. Most of it dissolves but there is a bit of sediment so I always shake the bottle.

Say I want to use 0.075mg of arimadex, well 0.05mg is 1ml. 0.025mg would be 1/2ml. So I would need to ingest 1.5ml Vodka solution to get 0.075.

I put in a little water to make it taste a bit better and then after drinking I put in more water in the cup and swish it around in case there is any little tiny bit of sediment and drink that and I'm done. I find that till my next script, this is the most accurate way of micro dosing till then. If you can get compounded/liquidex that is better if affordable.

ps. If anyone thinks this vodka solution is for injecting then they should not be self administering TRT and need to stay the hell away from all syringes. I drink this NOT inject it, haha LOL  :-[

Age 42yo. Started TRT late March 2017. Currently tweaking protocol.
Results so far:

May 2017
HCG 320iu and Testosterone Enanthate 50mg twice a week subQ  no AI.
Total T 26 (10-33 nmol/L) (thatís 750ng/dl)
Free T 756 (150-700 pmol/L)
E2 213 (<150 pmol/L) (thatís 58 pg/ml)
SHBG 19 (13-71 nmol/L)
Felt great first few weeks of TRT and then between weeks 4-8 E2 sides started creeping in revealed in the results above.

July 2017
HCG 160iu, Test E 25mg, 0.15mg of arimadex each 3 times a week instead of twice a week:
Total T - 21 nmol/L (10-33) (same as 606ng/dl)
E2 at 120 pmol/L (<150) (which same as 32.6 pg/ml).
Feeling pretty good at this but not as good as first few weeks on TRT.

Currently doing this:
27.5mg Test E, 180iu HCG and 0.25mg arimadex.
Feeling great so far, shall get bloods in a month or so.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2017, 06:49:43 am »
So you're kind of making batches right? Out of curiosity have you confirmed that these bitches maintain their potency over the weeks with lab results?

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2017, 06:49:43 am »