Quantcast

Author Topic: Night Sweats on Androgel 1.62  (Read 1396 times)

lowtdunce

• View Profile
Night Sweats on Androgel 1.62
« on: June 28, 2017, 02:55:49 pm »
38 years old, in great health. 5'10" 175, althletic and exercise/eat well. I got an Rx for Androgel 1.62. 1 pump in the mornings. My total T was 432 and Free was 46 where the low end of the scale was about 41. So I'm borderline but I have all the symptoms. I went on the Androgel and was kind of feeling better (maybe placebo at that point?) but by the night of day 5 I started having night sweats about 3-4am for 5 straight nights. Then on day 7 I was very depressed for no reason and I quit the Androgel. A day or two later I was back where I was before the Andro, symptoms and all but not depressed. 

My main issue is no libido and depressed moods that come and go.. some anxiety. Some fatigue that comes and goes as well. Everything seems to point to my T just dropping too low at times. But anyway... whats could the deal be with the night sweats when I was on the andro? Estrogen going too high or did my natural production stop and I was dropping too low at night before reapplying in the morning? I was kind of pissed that the doc put me on the andro but then said come back in 3 months. There was no way I was going to go 3 months like that but maybe I should have stuck with it longer?

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Re: Night Sweats on Androgel 1.62
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 03:07:26 pm »
38 years old, in great health. 5'10" 175, althletic and exercise/eat well. I got an Rx for Androgel 1.62. 1 pump in the mornings. My total T was 432 and Free was 46 where the low end of the scale was about 41. So I'm borderline but I have all the symptoms. I went on the Androgel and was kind of feeling better (maybe placebo at that point?) but by the night of day 5 I started having night sweats about 3-4am for 5 straight nights. Then on day 7 I was very depressed for no reason and I quit the Androgel. A day or two later I was back where I was before the Andro, symptoms and all but not depressed. 

My main issue is no libido and depressed moods that come and go.. some anxiety. Some fatigue that comes and goes as well. Everything seems to point to my T just dropping too low at times. But anyway... whats could the deal be with the night sweats when I was on the andro? Estrogen going too high or did my natural production stop and I was dropping too low at night before reapplying in the morning? I was kind of pissed that the doc put me on the andro but then said come back in 3 months. There was no way I was going to go 3 months like that but maybe I should have stuck with it longer?

Androgel often does not raise testosterone and can even lower it in some men:

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Testosterone_Androgel.aspx

So I'd pull your numbers and check to see what is happening if you can afford it:

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/testosterone_labs.aspx
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program.aspx
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 03:07:26 pm »

HRT Guru

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 07:48:42 am »
All 1 pump is going to do is make you feel like crap. You proved that. I think the suggested dose is 2 if not 3 pumps, but all one did for you is give you enough to shut you down and *probably* made you even more low T than you were before.

You need a new Dr. STAT.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2017, 03:05:54 pm »
All 1 pump is going to do is make you feel like crap. You proved that. I think the suggested dose is 2 if not 3 pumps, but all one did for you is give you enough to shut you down and *probably* made you even more low T than you were before.

You need a new Dr. STAT.

Good call.  I don't think I've ever heard of one pump!
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program.aspx
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

HRT Guru

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2017, 05:44:10 am »
I know what one pump is like, my GP started me on it...terrible results.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2017, 05:44:10 am »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2017, 09:43:29 am »
I know what one pump is like, my GP started me on it...terrible results.

Talk about teasin' a fella!

Thank God for docs like Dr. Saya, Shippen and Crisler.  We'd all be in the Dark Ages still if it wasn't for them!

lowtdunce

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2017, 11:46:57 am »
I had a feeling that being borderline low and starting on one pump given the absorption rate was going to be an issue. I haven't restarted the gel and my doc doesn't seem to want to return my calls/messages. Been about 30 days since I tried the gel. Since then I made changes to my diet, supplements and getting more sleep but the results have been mixed. I keep having periods of time 3-5 days where I feel normal and have decent libido, energy, mood and improved sensitivity when erect and then out of the blue with no stressors etc I'm down again across the board. Really sick of the rollercoaster ride. Terribly frustrating when I think I'm on the right track and then it goes to shit again. I had one day this week where I felt like I was 18 again and then the next day, complete shit. Would have loved to get a T test on both days just out of curiosity.

I don't know whether to look for another doc or just check out one of the TRT clinics in the area. I suppose a doc could question my mental health (and they might be right to do so) but I honestly feel like my hormones are fucking with my head, not the other way around but how would i know for sure?  very confused and don't really want to wast a ton of money on a shrink when my insurance won't cover that anyway. Ugh.

Cataceous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2017, 02:51:22 pm »
It's likely you had a reason to feel better the first few days on Androgel, because at that time the absorbed testosterone was adding to your own. But then your production was shut down and you were worse off than before. It could be worthwhile to find a doctor who would let you try a low dose of Clomid. It doesn't work for everyone, but it's a simple protocol and it stimulates your own testosterone production.
I am not a medical doctor; any suggestions are meant to be discussed with your doctor.
Protocol: 18 mg T enanthate subQ qod, 250 IU hCG subQ qod, 6.25 mg DHEA orally bid
5/2017 test results: TT: 800 ng/dL (348-1197), FT: 16 pg/mL (7.2-24), E2: 50 pg/mL sensitive (8.0-35.0), DHEA-S: 278 ug/dL (71.6-375.4)

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2017, 02:51:22 pm »

PLEASE SUPPORT THE SITE AND GIVE AN AMAZON REVIEW IF POSSIBLE:

lowtdunce

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2017, 02:47:50 pm »
Talked with my doc again regarding symptoms and results with androgel etc and he said I had a few choices... get referred to an endo, uro or visit a male clinic. I chose the 3rd option today. Starting weekly doses of test injections and they seem to know their shit from what I can tell after all the research prior.

2 things that kind of shocked me today during my 4 hour visit...

1. my test had risen up from lowest of 420 to 570 today at about noon. Since my last blood draw I started intermittent fasting for about 14-16 hours per day. Didn't really change anything else. But my estrogen was pretty high and we didn't talk Free t. Still lower for my age so we're going to shoot for around 800 and see how it goes.
2. I actually have some vascular issue in my penis despite low cholesterol (But high triglycerides) and normal blood pressure. So that explains the ED other than psychological issues from low confidence etc. With my pops having died of heart attack at 52 (smoker) I guess I need to pay even more attention to diet.

Doc mentioned it was really unlikely (but anything is possible) that the androgel shut me down in 6 days so the night sweat thing could have been most of it being turned into E.. but hard to explain. Maybe it was just stress of starting on something like that.

Anyway, I hope to have better results with the injection because if not I can't just stop that after a day, its in there for a bit. Wish me luck.  Holy crap my head is spinning.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2017, 10:17:20 pm »
Talked with my doc again regarding symptoms and results with androgel etc and he said I had a few choices... get referred to an endo, uro or visit a male clinic. I chose the 3rd option today. Starting weekly doses of test injections and they seem to know their shit from what I can tell after all the research prior.

1. my test had risen up from lowest of 420 to 570 today at about noon. Since my last blood draw I started intermittent fasting for about 14-16 hours per day. Didn't really change anything else. But my estrogen was pretty high and we didn't talk Free t. Still lower for my age so we're going to shoot for around 800 and see how it goes.
2. I actually have some vascular issue in my penis despite low cholesterol (But high triglycerides) and normal blood pressure. So that explains the ED other than psychological issues from low confidence etc. With my pops having died of heart attack at 52 (smoker) I guess I need to pay even more attention to diet.

Doc mentioned it was really unlikely (but anything is possible) that the androgel shut me down in 6 days so the night sweat thing could have been most of it being turned into E.. but hard to explain. Maybe it was just stress of starting on something like that.

Anyway, I hope to have better results with the injection because if not I can't just stop that after a day, its in there for a bit. Wish me luck.  Holy crap my head is spinning.

Do you care about fertility?  If so, check this out:

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/testosterone_fertility.aspx

vvs1

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2017, 12:04:08 am »

How did they diagnose the vascular issue?

570 is a good number if that's natural, post androgel. Were both tests done early morning? I dislike that they use 1,000 as the top reference range for T. It makes everyone want to be at 1,000 or expect to be. A number that high is driven up by high shbg or possibly androgen insensitivity.

cujet

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2017, 04:49:13 am »
I also failed on Androgel. Initial results were great. But then it stopped absorbing and led to thickened/irritated skin. I had to rotate application sites just to get a T level of 250 on 7 pumps.

Furthermore, topical T can raise Estrogen levels, leading to other issues, including emotional issues. Maybe you generated your own "hot flashes" by using Androgel.

I prefer topical T, however, I use a 10% compounded cream. It absorbs well on me, without irritating and has no odor. And I keep my T levels around 700. I do have to mix it with a bit of which hazel to make it spread. Otherwise it's like spreading toothpaste. Lately, I've been using some Biofreeze spray topical pain reliever mixed with the T cream. It seems to make it absorb instantly.
54 years old
Autoimmune Hashimoto's, near zero natural T production
Cause: severe mononucleosis in my early 30's
Weight 200
Height 5' 10"
Very active, daily workouts and some cardio.
Topical 0.75g compounded 10% T cream, rotated daily to shaved armpits, shaved shoulders, remainder on scrotum
190mg NPthyroid (natural dessicated pigs thyroid)
Labs (Oct 2017) , my T=730, TSH 0.03, T3+T4 mid-range normal.

Daily workouts with weights, low-glycemic diet, high in clean protein, very low carb (salad/fish/low fat meats, uncooked veggies, nothing else, ever) Carbs/starch can cause me to have intestinal problems, so I avoid them.

Cataceous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2017, 05:26:52 am »
Furthermore, topical T can raise Estrogen levels, leading to other issues, including emotional issues. ...

Do you mean DHT? I'm not aware of evidence suggesting topical testosterone raises estradiol more than other modalities. One set of test results I had when on Androgel showed total testosterone of 160 ng/dL, undetectable estradiol, and DHT about 50% over my baseline.
I am not a medical doctor; any suggestions are meant to be discussed with your doctor.
Protocol: 18 mg T enanthate subQ qod, 250 IU hCG subQ qod, 6.25 mg DHEA orally bid
5/2017 test results: TT: 800 ng/dL (348-1197), FT: 16 pg/mL (7.2-24), E2: 50 pg/mL sensitive (8.0-35.0), DHEA-S: 278 ug/dL (71.6-375.4)

lowtdunce

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2017, 08:27:27 am »
My 420 and 470 tests were about 9am. My last 570 was 1pm but a different lab. Vascular diagnosed with ultrasound. Said I had weak blood flow on left and right sides of penis. Also did icp injection to get erection and a small to med dose only produced 65% erection. But I don't know if I should trust these tests because just the past two weeks a had a couple good streaks of morning wood that were 80-90%. After a 75mg injection on Thursday. Along with 1g of anastrozol. Felt good Friday. Saturday a and today not so great. No energy and low mood again.  Bet they up the dose and I think we are adding hcg. Thinking maybe asking to inject twice a week and cut anastrozol to .5mg or .25 twice as week. My estradiol was 50 before trt.  Any advice b4 next visit this week?

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2017, 02:47:27 pm »
My 420 and 470 tests were about 9am. My last 570 was 1pm but a different lab. Vascular diagnosed with ultrasound. Said I had weak blood flow on left and right sides of penis. Also did icp injection to get erection and a small to med dose only produced 65% erection. But I don't know if I should trust these tests because just the past two weeks a had a couple good streaks of morning wood that were 80-90%. After a 75mg injection on Thursday. Along with 1g of anastrozol. Felt good Friday. Saturday a and today not so great. No energy and low mood again.  Bet they up the dose and I think we are adding hcg. Thinking maybe asking to inject twice a week and cut anastrozol to .5mg or .25 twice as week. My estradiol was 50 before trt.  Any advice b4 next visit this week?

You have to be careful about changing your protocol frequently.  Granted, some of your protocols do not make much sense, but find one that does and stick it out for awhile.

1 mg of anastrozole is a LOT.  That will very likely crash your estradiol and symptoms usually lag a bit just as you described.

You can pull your labs cheap here:

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/testosterone_labs.aspx

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2017, 02:47:27 pm »