Quantcast

Author Topic: 26 yr old obese male with low testosterone  (Read 193 times)

LowT91

• View Profile
26 yr old obese male with low testosterone
« on: October 27, 2017, 05:12:58 am »
Hello guys,
I have been in this forum for months reading different topics and I think this forum is a great source of knowledge.
I am 26 years old guy, discovered that I have low testosterone 1 year ago. I ordered blood work after feeling low libido. And this is the only symptom I have. My testosterone result is below :

TESTOSTERONE TOTAL : 420 >>305  (286 - 802) ng/dl
PROLACTIN : 175 (86 - 324) mIU/L
LH : 3.8 (1.7 - 8.6) mIU/mL
FSH : 5.6 (1.5 12.4) mIU/mL
E2 : 18 ( < 58) pg/mL (not the sensitive one, it is not available in my country)
TSH 1.02 ( <5)

hight : 177cm
weight : 107 kg (236 lb)
body fat 34% - not sure about the accuracy of the device.-
I have around 30 kg (66 lb) to lose, do you think if I lose this weight I will bring my testosterone up? I  have read many studies about the correlation between low T and obesity, but I haven't seen any one in the forums tried elevating testosterone by loosing wieght.

I want to add that I have morning erections almost every day - while sleeping, but dissapear after waking up - does that suggest my problem is not related to harmones.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 10:25:30 pm by PeakT »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Re: 26 yr old obese male with low testosterone
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 10:30:05 pm »
Hello guys,
I have been in this forum for months reading different topics and I think this forum is a great source of knowledge.
I am 26 years old guy, discovered that I have low testosterone 1 year ago. I ordered blood work after feeling low libido. And this is the only symptom I have. My testosterone result is below :

TESTOSTERONE TOTAL : 420 >>305  (286 - 802) ng/dl
PROLACTIN : 175 (86 - 324) mIU/L
LH : 3.8 (1.7 - 8.6) mIU/mL
FSH : 5.6 (1.5 12.4) mIU/mL
E2 : 18 ( < 58) pg/mL (not the sensitive one, it is not available in my country)
TSH 1.02 ( <5)

hight : 177cm
weight : 107 kg (236 lb)
body fat 34% - not sure about the accuracy of the device.-
I have around 30 kg (66 lb) to lose, do you think if I lose this weight I will bring my testosterone up? I  have read many studies about the correlation between low T and obesity, but I haven't seen any one in the forums tried elevating testosterone by loosing wieght.

I want to add that I have morning erections almost every day - while sleeping, but dissapear after waking up - does that suggest my problem is not related to harmones.

Yes, if you have 50+ pounds to lose, then you can likely really boost your testosterone if you drop the weight.  The issue is that as those fat cells start to bloat, the amount of aromatase in those cells increase.  The net effect is that more and more of your testosterone is converted to estradiol, so you end up with lower testosterone and higher estradiol.  As your testosterone begins to lower, eventually your estradiol may drop below it's old baseline as well.

The bottom line is that a lot of extra weight can actually induce secondary hypogonadism.  The hypothalamus is controlled by the amount of free estradiol relative to free testosterone and so the HP part of your HPT axis begins to turn off your testosterone production.

I cover some of the research here and the potential to double or even triple your testosterone:

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/testosterone_weight_loss.aspx
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program.aspx
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 10:30:05 pm »

Mindscape

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2017, 12:39:17 am »
You numbers wouldn't be that bad if you were 60 years old, but I would definitely attempt to lose some weight and see if you can raise your numbers a bit before giving TRT a try. TSH is perfect! I'm 33% BF and on TRT and I have at least 70 pounds to lose, I'd like to be 160 pounds again as I'm naturally skinny and low muscle tone. I don't expect to put on loads of muscle, just enhance what I've got will do fine. Honestly though with you being 26 and all I still think you will need TRT at some point in your life do to your body parts already showing their weak hand. You should have double your numbers at your age, if not more.
First Protocol: 75mg weekly
Second Protocol: 50mg T Cyp 2x/week
Third protocol: .25ml 100mg EOD

Pre-TRT labs:
Total Test: 119 ng/dL  348-1197 ng/dL
Free Test: 5 ng/dL
SHBG 25 nmol
TSH: .58  0.35 - 4.00 mcIU/mL
-------------------------
4 weeks into TRT May 2017:
Total Test: 531 ng/dL trough 451 ng/dL 264-916 ng/dL
Free Test: 15.2 ng/dL
SHBG 18 nmol

hello73

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2017, 07:08:22 am »
When you raise your T some and lower the E2 in the normal range that should help you lose the weight faster. Provided you exercise and watch what you eat.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2017, 07:08:22 am »