Quantcast

Author Topic: Does Trt stop production of pregnenolone and dhea?  (Read 194 times)

Tarheel31

• View Profile
Does Trt stop production of pregnenolone and dhea?
« on: October 29, 2017, 11:46:38 pm »
Concerned about starting trt and shutting down the production of these hormones. Pregnenolone is very important for brain health and I dont think supplementing with it would help as much. I have low lh and am trying to find something to raise it other then clomid due to eye problems with it. What should I do? I have low total and free t. I have the option to take testosterone injections or gel.

sh1209

• View Profile
Re: Does Trt stop production of pregnenolone and dhea?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 04:26:28 am »
Speaking for myself, mine have always stayed in range, but toward the lower end. Iíve used topicals and injectables now for well over 7 years. As far as clomid, Iíve used a few times in the past at doses all the way up to 100mg per day and have never had any vision problems. With clomid I feel better @ 25mg per day, 12.5mg per day doesnít do much for me, but works well for others. Honestly Iíve tried supplementing dhea and Pregnenolone in the past and even at very small doses, say 5mg each, I felt worse each time with both or using one at a time. I donít think itís necessary for a lot of men to supplement either. Hope that helps.

Peak Testosterone Forum

Re: Does Trt stop production of pregnenolone and dhea?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 04:26:28 am »