Quantcast

Author Topic: A Low Serum Testosterone Level Is Dangerous  (Read 652 times)

BBkingbluesking122

• View Profile
A Low Serum Testosterone Level Is Dangerous
« on: November 23, 2017, 04:28:45 pm »
https://academic.oup.com/eurheartj/article/31/12/1494/465031

They found that low T levels (<250 ng/dl) was associated with a nearly 2.5 fold higher risk of all-cause mortality.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2653676/

The same applies, and to the same degree/extent, for dialysis patients
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 04:35:13 pm by BBkingbluesking122 »
% Body Fat: 9 %

cujet

• View Profile
Re: A Low Serum Testosterone Level Is Dangerous
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2017, 05:28:06 am »
I think the facts have been out for a while. Those of us with very low T, are, quite simply, unable to keep ourselves fit and healthy without medical intervention.

As an example, Diabetes and blood sugar control are certainly affected by testosterone levels. With higher T being better. I don't want to say T replacement is a magic bullet, it's not. But coupled with exercise and good diet, it's an effective way to get into better physical condition and that results in better health.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 05:30:28 am by cujet »
54 years old
Autoimmune Hashimoto's, near zero natural T production
Cause: severe mononucleosis in my early 30's
Weight 200
Height 5' 10"
Very active, daily workouts and some cardio.
Topical 0.75g compounded 10% T cream, rotated daily to shaved armpits, shaved shoulders, remainder on scrotum
190mg NPthyroid (natural dessicated pigs thyroid)
Labs (Oct 2017) , my T=730, TSH 0.03, T3+T4 mid-range normal.

Daily workouts with weights, low-glycemic diet, high in clean protein, very low carb (salad/fish/low fat meats, uncooked veggies, nothing else, ever) Carbs/starch can cause me to have intestinal problems, so I avoid them.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2017, 05:28:06 am »

charliebizz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2017, 08:26:49 am »
I think the facts have been out for a while. Those of us with very low T, are, quite simply, unable to keep ourselves fit and healthy without medical intervention.

As an example, Diabetes and blood sugar control are certainly affected by testosterone levels. With higher T being better. I don't want to say T replacement is a magic bullet, it's not. But coupled with exercise and good diet, it's an effective way to get into better physical condition and that results in better health.
just a personal observation about the whole blood sugar and testosterone thing. Iíve been low t for 9 years now from Under eating/overtraining. I never had any blood sugar issues up until last year. Iím 35 years old now. I had associated that with low normal cortisol. But I could have been wrong. If I donít eat every 2-3 hours I get major hypoglycemic issues despite my blood glucose being fine. My numbers always look good. But regardless of the numbers it happens and itís worse on the weekends cause I wake at different time and eat more spaced out usually cause I get wrapped up in work at the house. Now Iím on trt for going on 6 weeks and yesterday was the first time I didnít eat for about 4 hours and was doing yard work and didnít have an episode.

So hopefully this is a sign of things to come. Iíve yet to have much of any symptom relief so far but like many say it can take months and Iím gonna stick this one out. My blood results should be back next week so we will see

Boxcar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2017, 06:03:15 pm »

just a personal observation about the whole blood sugar and testosterone thing. Iíve been low t for 9 years now from Under eating/overtraining. I never had any blood sugar issues up until last year. Iím 35 years old now. I had associated that with low normal cortisol. But I could have been wrong. If I donít eat every 2-3 hours I get major hypoglycemic issues despite my blood glucose being fine. My numbers always look good. But regardless of the numbers it happens and itís worse on the weekends cause I wake at different time and eat more spaced out usually cause I get wrapped up in work at the house. Now Iím on trt for going on 6 weeks and yesterday was the first time I didnít eat for about 4 hours and was doing yard work and didnít have an episode.

So hopefully this is a sign of things to come. Iíve yet to have much of any symptom relief so far but like many say it can take months and Iím gonna stick this one out. My blood results should be back next week so we will see

Did you ever try raising your testosterone by eating more and exercising less? Undereating and overtraining are notorious for causing low testosterone (even in healthy young men, according to one study).
178 lbs 5'8''

Current Treatment: 50 mg testosterone cypionate IM, twice a week
Low T Symptoms: Chronic pelvic pain, and other neuropathic pain.  Mild anxiety, low energy and low motivation
Meds: Amitriptyline (for pain, not depression), Clonidine (for sleep, not blood pressure)

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2017, 06:03:15 pm »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2017, 11:11:20 pm »
https://academic.oup.com/eurheartj/article/31/12/1494/465031

They found that low T levels (<250 ng/dl) was associated with a nearly 2.5 fold higher risk of all-cause mortality.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2653676/

The same applies, and to the same degree/extent, for dialysis patients

Absolutely.  I make here five powerful arguments (if I don't say so myself) as to why testosterone is a powerful anti-aging agent.  This includes its positive impact on telomerase, insulin, stem cells, etc.

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Testosterone_Aging.aspx
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program.aspx
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

charliebizz

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2017, 07:01:49 am »

Did you ever try raising your testosterone by eating more and exercising less? Undereating and overtraining are notorious for causing low testosterone (even in healthy young men, according to one study).
i have. The highest Iíve tested natural is around 350. But most tests Iím around 250. However Iím 6 weeks into trt again and itís been rough. Iím back on that rollercoaster ride of up and down energy. Iím having a hard time at hockey again feel like I tire more quickly. And I have a Tone more muscle twitching and dehydration feelings. Labs should be here this week. But Iím back to being bummed out. Kinda wanna just go back to the low dose ssri and nothing else. But promised myself I would at least make it to lab work

charliebizz

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2017, 07:03:40 am »

i have. The highest Iíve tested natural is around 350. But most tests Iím around 250. However Iím 6 weeks into trt again and itís been rough. Iím back on that rollercoaster ride of up and down energy. Iím having a hard time at hockey again feel like I tire more quickly. And I have a Tonmore muscle twitching and dehydration feelings. Also that strange low blood sugar thing is still here I guess I got one day off from it so i donít know if trt has anything to do with it   Labs should be here this week. But Iím back to being bummed out. Kinda wanna just go back to the low dose ssri and nothing else. But promised myself I would at least make it to lab work

Mindscape

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2017, 10:01:21 am »

i have. The highest Iíve tested natural is around 350. But most tests Iím around 250. However Iím 6 weeks into trt again and itís been rough. Iím back on that rollercoaster ride of up and down energy. Iím having a hard time at hockey again feel like I tire more quickly. And I have a Tone more muscle twitching and dehydration feelings. Labs should be here this week. But Iím back to being bummed out. Kinda wanna just go back to the low dose ssri and nothing else. But promised myself I would at least make it to lab work

6 weeks that's it?! Oh man you're still way too early into TRT to notice much of anything, your pituitary is shut down and it's going to take months before you notice anything significant. I don't think many understand the dangers of being low T, heart disease and cardiovascular disease to name a few.
First Protocol: 75mg weekly
Second Protocol: 50mg T Cyp 2x/week
Third protocol: .25ml 100mg EOD

Pre-TRT labs:
Total Test: 119 ng/dL  348-1197 ng/dL
Free Test: 5 ng/dL
SHBG 25 nmol
TSH: .58  0.35 - 4.00 mcIU/mL
-------------------------
4 weeks into TRT May 2017:
Total Test: 531 ng/dL trough 451 ng/dL 264-916 ng/dL
Free Test: 15.2 ng/dL
SHBG 18 nmol

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2017, 10:22:14 am »

[/quote]

I was similar:  almost all my tests were in the 300's.  I had one that was mid 350's and one around 280.  Basically, my testosterone was a rock solid half or third of what it should have been!
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program.aspx
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

charliebizz

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2017, 01:19:33 pm »

6 weeks that's it?! Oh man you're still way too early into TRT to notice much of anything, your pituitary is shut down and it's going to take months before you notice anything significant. I don't think many understand the dangers of being low T, heart disease and cardiovascular disease to name a few.
im trying my best to keep that in mind. But what always pops into my head is a few years ago I was on a decent protocol with one of the top docs in the field for 8 months and trt didnít help much and lowered my already low cortisol levels. I also always think about all the other hormones that get shut down from doing trt. So how good can it be for long term health for all the other hormones the testicles produce to be shut down?  But like I said Iím trying to stay strong.

Joe Sixpack

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2017, 04:38:55 pm »

im trying my best to keep that in mind. But what always pops into my head is a few years ago I was on a decent protocol with one of the top docs in the field for 8 months and trt didnít help much and lowered my already low cortisol levels. I also always think about all the other hormones that get shut down from doing trt. So how good can it be for long term health for all the other hormones the testicles produce to be shut down?  But like I said Iím trying to stay strong.
Have you tried injecting more often to avoid the roller coaster ride?  I inject daily for this very reason.  I also suffer from low cortisol. 
Protocol: 35mg T Cyp 3x/week, 300 IU hCG 3x/week, 50mg DHEA + 50mg Pregnenalone daily.
1/2017 test results: TT: 1152 ng/dL (348-1197), FT: 23.7 pg/mL (7.2-24), E2: 22.0 pg/mL sensitive (8.0-35.0)

charliebizz

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2017, 06:32:58 pm »

Have you tried injecting more often to avoid the roller coaster ride?  I inject daily for this very reason.  I also suffer from low cortisol.
right now Iím on a 3x a week schedule. I definitely do not feel as bad as I used to back in the day in regards to low cortisol but I also stopped lifting and limit myself to light cardio 3x a week. And typically 1-2 hockey games a weekend. I have noticed that I struggle more at hockey with heavy legs and quad burning. Something that wasnít happening much on Lexapro only. But like I said hopefully my labs can shed light on this.

Joe Sixpack

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2017, 08:51:40 pm »

right now Iím on a 3x a week schedule. I definitely do not feel as bad as I used to back in the day in regards to low cortisol but I also stopped lifting and limit myself to light cardio 3x a week. And typically 1-2 hockey games a weekend. I have noticed that I struggle more at hockey with heavy legs and quad burning. Something that wasnít happening much on Lexapro only. But like I said hopefully my labs can shed light on this.
Might be worth your while to try daily injects.  My labs were fine on 3x/week and even every other day.  But I still felt sub-par.  My labs are the same with daily, but it doesn't crash my cortisol as much as the other schedules.  I don't remember if you are using HCG.  HCG was immensely helpful with improving low cortisol. 
Protocol: 35mg T Cyp 3x/week, 300 IU hCG 3x/week, 50mg DHEA + 50mg Pregnenalone daily.
1/2017 test results: TT: 1152 ng/dL (348-1197), FT: 23.7 pg/mL (7.2-24), E2: 22.0 pg/mL sensitive (8.0-35.0)

charliebizz

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2017, 04:52:01 am »

Might be worth your while to try daily injects.  My labs were fine on 3x/week and even every other day.  But I still felt sub-par.  My labs are the same with daily, but it doesn't crash my cortisol as much as the other schedules.  I don't remember if you are using HCG.  HCG was immensely helpful with improving low cortisol.
something I will definitely run by my dr. No hcg yet he wants to see how I react to this protocol first. I hope it works out for me because I am worried about the long term sides of low t.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2017, 08:24:43 am »

something I will definitely run by my dr. No hcg yet he wants to see how I react to this protocol first. I hope it works out for me because I am worried about the long term sides of low t.

Your A1C will probably rise a half point if you drop from higher testosterone to lower. Thats all you need to know!

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2017, 08:24:43 am »