Quantcast

Author Topic: Testosterone Injections At Night Seem To Really Help. Anyone Else?  (Read 251 times)

euphorixx1

• View Profile
Has anyone ever noticed this, or tested it: For a long time I have been injecting E3D in the morning.  Normally I feel pretty good, but once a few weeks ago, I decided to inject at night.  I felt much better after injecting at night, and have been injecting at night ever since.

Anyone know why this might be the case.  I was thinking that maybe I sleep through the initial spike in hormones so that helps?

Any thoughts?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 11:54:38 pm by PeakT »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Re: Testosterone Injections At Night Seem To Really Help. Anyone Else?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 11:58:03 pm »
Has anyone ever noticed this, or tested it: For a long time I have been injecting E3D in the morning.  Normally I feel pretty good, but once a few weeks ago, I decided to inject at night.  I felt much better after injecting at night, and have been injecting at night ever since.

Anyone know why this might be the case.  I was thinking that maybe I sleep through the initial spike in hormones so that helps?

Any thoughts?

Lots of research showing testosterone affects dopamine in the brain and this (partially) explains its effect on libido:

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Testosterone_Dopamine.aspx

Likewise, there is a lot of research showing that dopamine regulates sleep:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17035544

I believe you sometimes struggle with relatively low libido for a young guy like yourself?  If so, perhaps all of this ties together?
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program.aspx
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 11:58:03 pm »

JakeH99

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 04:18:51 pm »
I have struggled with insomnia for so long.  I have tried hypnotics, benzo's, 15 SSRI/SNRI meds, and 3 antipsychotics.  I used to use Androgel at night and I'd sleep like a baby.  I also occasionally drank a diet tea or something with a very small amount of caffeine around 8 or 9 PM and I think that sort of helped my sleep somehow.  I am on amphetamines and trying to get on an SSRI because of ADHD and panic disorder/OCD that is uncontrollable long-term by anything else.  Being on both is heard for sleeping and I wish my doc would listen when I said Androgel at night/L Dopa supplement at night helps me sleep but he thinks what I"m saying is not anecdotal and due to other factors.  I KNEW this would hopefully come up one day with someone else.  It's no wonder ADHD people cant sleep because meds drain all the dopamine during the day and at nighttime theres so little dopamine and seretonin its effing hell to sleep then. 

Forty2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 09:06:05 pm »

Any thoughts?

How much are you injecting?

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 09:06:05 pm »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2017, 10:40:31 pm »
I have struggled with insomnia for so long.  I have tried hypnotics, benzo's, 15 SSRI/SNRI meds, and 3 antipsychotics.  I used to use Androgel at night and I'd sleep like a baby.  I also occasionally drank a diet tea or something with a very small amount of caffeine around 8 or 9 PM and I think that sort of helped my sleep somehow.  I am on amphetamines and trying to get on an SSRI because of ADHD and panic disorder/OCD that is uncontrollable long-term by anything else.  Being on both is heard for sleeping and I wish my doc would listen when I said Androgel at night/L Dopa supplement at night helps me sleep but he thinks what I"m saying is not anecdotal and due to other factors.  I KNEW this would hopefully come up one day with someone else.  It's no wonder ADHD people cant sleep because meds drain all the dopamine during the day and at nighttime theres so little dopamine and seretonin its effing hell to sleep then.

You are probably not getting to the root cause.  Graves Disease is quite common and cause insomnia.  Low magnesium, zinc, B6 or iodine status can lead to insomnia.  Of course, this means that any GI disorder can potentially do the same.  So start diggin: the answer is out there...
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program.aspx
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

euphorixx1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2017, 12:55:24 pm »

Any thoughts?

[/quote

27mg with 300 iu hcg

Forty2

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2017, 11:18:11 pm »

Any thoughts?

[/quote

27mg with 300 iu hcg

27mg seems like an unusual amount to be injecting. Why not 30mg? What are your TT & FT levels on that dose? Also, have you experimented with different doses of hCG? Is 300 iu e3D the dose you decided was best as a result of trial and error?

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2017, 11:18:11 pm »