Quantcast

Author Topic: Dopamine  (Read 114 times)

ADHDandOCD

• View Profile
Dopamine
« on: September 15, 2018, 08:36:20 pm »
Only thing that seems to help my fatigue is increasing norepi and dopa.  Increasing testosterone now after 5 years of Androgel in the past has recently only revved up my heart rate and made me more fatigued and anxiety-provoked.  I'm pretty sure SSRI meds are just depleting my norepi and dopa and making me more tired and lethargic.  That's why I'm slowly coming off them because I don't ever feel motivated on them and constantly tired, hungry, numb, unsatisfied, and having sex dysfunction.  Yet, they do help my cortisol is what I suspect, yet you know how effing crazy docs are when it comes to acknowledging hormonal influences with meds.  Most don't know a damn thing but I actually surprised the crap out of my psych doc when he was astonished I was correct that SSRI's are raising my prolactin and depleting testosterone. 

jacob2001

• View Profile
Re: Dopamine
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2018, 02:19:13 am »
Only thing that seems to help my fatigue is increasing norepi and dopa.  Increasing testosterone now after 5 years of Androgel in the past has recently only revved up my heart rate and made me more fatigued and anxiety-provoked.  I'm pretty sure SSRI meds are just depleting my norepi and dopa and making me more tired and lethargic.  That's why I'm slowly coming off them because I don't ever feel motivated on them and constantly tired, hungry, numb, unsatisfied, and having sex dysfunction.  Yet, they do help my cortisol is what I suspect, yet you know how effing crazy docs are when it comes to acknowledging hormonal influences with meds.  Most don't know a damn thing but I actually surprised the crap out of my psych doc when he was astonished I was correct that SSRI's are raising my prolactin and depleting testosterone.

Very interesting, can I ask how you boost dopamine, do you take a supplement like Macuna or something else?

In terms of fatigue have you checked whether your levels of zinc, vitamins b3, d3 and calcium/magnesium are ok?

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2018, 02:19:13 am »

ADHDandOCD

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 07:35:04 pm »

Just been taking an L-Tyrosine supplement but I also have L-Dopa in a sleep aid I like that I take two of at bedtime.  Exercising of course and self-pleasure can help if you get my drift there, but besides that, I do take ADHD meds. I've heard N-Acetyl-Tyrosine or whatever is better than L-Tyrosine because of more bioavailability in helping dopamine, but I haven't looked into that research-wise. 

The ADHD meds raise dopa and norepi for a bit, but then are followed by a good-sized drop in those since amphetamines dump neurotransmitters into the synapse like a garbage disposal truck. 

I used to be on high dose SNRI's, but I had issues with hyperhydrosis and excessive sweating with some intense migraines at the higher doses of Effexor XR, so it was too much bang for my buck with the cons heavily outweighing the pros. 
Very interesting, can I ask how you boost dopamine, do you take a supplement like Macuna or something else?

In terms of fatigue have you checked whether your levels of zinc, vitamins b3, d3 and calcium/magnesium are ok?

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 07:35:04 pm »