Quantcast

Author Topic: DHT Boost with Topical Every 14th Day While on TRT  (Read 5072 times)

JustAskin

• View Profile
DHT Boost with Topical Every 14th Day While on TRT
« on: September 15, 2015, 08:42:58 am »
[MODERATOR SPLIT FROM HERE:  http://www.peaktestosterone.com/forum/index.php?topic=7204.msg70148#msg70148 . Just Askin tried a topical but his DHT went suprasupraphysiological - astronomical might be a better word - and so he tried this.]

Yes I use a gel once every 14th. day.
But I also cut back on my Injection for my next shot.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 01:31:42 pm by PeakT »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Re: DHT Boost with Topical Every 14th Day While on TRT
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2015, 08:49:40 am »
Yes I use a gel once every 14th. day.
But I also cut back on my Injection for my next shot.

So did you come up with that idea?  Never heard of anyone doing that.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 01:28:55 pm by PeakT »
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program.aspx
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2015, 08:49:40 am »

JustAskin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2015, 10:59:28 am »
Dr. Shippen, suggested I give it a try since everything else was exactly where he wanted them to be, except my DHT was low around 35-40. We tried once per week but my DHT got too  high 140, so we settled on once every 14 days, and now my DHT is between 65-75.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 01:29:03 pm by PeakT »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2015, 01:26:30 pm »
Dr. Shippen, suggested I give it a try since everything else was exactly where he wanted them to be, except my DHT was low around 35-40. We tried once per week but my DHT got too  high 140, so we settled on once every 14 days, and now my DHT is between 65-75.

He's da Man!

Does the libido boost last for two weeks actually?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 01:29:14 pm by PeakT »
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program.aspx
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

euphorixx1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2015, 03:53:35 pm »
This is an interesting thread.  I have had my T levels around 900 before with DHT only in the 40s, but free DHT at the top of the range.  I would be interested in trying this(if i hadnt just started a clomid restart, and my hair wasnt thinning so badly.)

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2015, 03:53:35 pm »

Boxcar

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2015, 05:42:52 pm »
This is an interesting thread.  I have had my T levels around 900 before with DHT only in the 40s, but free DHT at the top of the range.  I would be interested in trying this(if i hadnt just started a clomid restart, and my hair wasnt thinning so badly.)

Isn't there a DHT cream?

Is there any DHT increase with clomid, HCG and testosterone cypionate, or does it stay about the same?

This is a good reminder to have my DHT tested, when I have labwork tomorrow.  I have a small prostate, so I am wondering if low DHT is part of what I am dealing with.
178 lbs 5'8''

Current Treatment: 50 mg testosterone cypionate IM, twice a week
Low T Symptoms: Chronic pelvic pain, and other neuropathic pain.  Mild anxiety, low energy and low motivation
Meds: Amitriptyline (for pain, not depression), Clonidine (for sleep, not blood pressure)

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2015, 06:44:35 pm »

Isn't there a DHT cream?

Is there any DHT increase with clomid, HCG and testosterone cypionate, or does it stay about the same?

This is a good reminder to have my DHT tested, when I have labwork tomorrow.  I have a small prostate, so I am wondering if low DHT is part of what I am dealing with.

I only remember one guy on here having a DHT cream - and it was recently - so it seems to be very uncommon, at least in our circles.

The common wisdom is that as testosterone rises, you'll have some of it converted to DHT, so DHT will rise.   This is why virtually all men on legitimate TRT where their testosterone actually increases will also find that their prostate size increases a little.

JustAskin

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2015, 12:21:48 pm »
I found thru many Labs ran. that my libido is like in my twenties when my DHT is around 105.
Caution: If you take 2 Grams of L-Citrulline when your libido is high, it will get so hard it actually hurts.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2015, 12:21:48 pm »

PLEASE SUPPORT THE SITE AND GIVE AN AMAZON REVIEW IF POSSIBLE:

croaker24

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2015, 01:09:46 pm »

Isn't there a DHT cream?

Boxcar, "free DHT?"

So we have DHT, and free DHT (similar to total T and free T)?

My DHT has consistently been high for 2 years now - starting with Androgel the first year, and cypionate the 2nd year and my hair is noticeably thinner.     

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2015, 01:28:32 pm »
I guess if you have high SHBG it could be an issue:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2055206

"These effects of SHBG appeared to be due primarily to the high affinity binding of DHT by SHBG..."

In fact, based on the above, it makes me wonder if lower levels of high SHBG - hope that makes sense - cause men libido issues due to the impact on free DHT?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 09:07:30 pm by PeakT »

Sighalot

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2015, 05:39:10 pm »
Is there a minimum amount of topical needed for this or could a 50mg T dose be split into several smaller doses for more frequent use?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 05:41:08 pm by Sighalot »

JustAskin

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2015, 12:45:52 pm »
I use one click cream = .25ml.  My libido was best at once per week, but I worry about PSA.
I started using Androgel 1% one pump per week, ran out and Dr. Shippen gave me compounded cream that cost about 1/10 what Androgel costs. They both work!

electrify

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2017, 08:36:13 pm »
Sorry for bumping the old thread but im in a similar situation with my T being in mid 600s, E2 sensitive around 40 and DHT also 40.

Though I have room to increase my injection dosage I dont want to since too much T tends to affect my cortisol for some reason. So I want to just boost my DHT and the doc gave me some compounded test gel 5% in addition to my usual injection protocol. I wonder if DHT was the reason I felt amazing at 1200 T before things went downhill when it tanked my cortisol and I had to lower my dosage to feel better

He said to use it EOD though I also don't want my DHT to go too high and just want a decent bump.

Does every 14 days really keep your DHT high for that long? I thought the half life of topicals is really short?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 08:54:44 pm by electrify »

ghce

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2017, 09:36:46 pm »
Thanks for reviving this thread, I am at the moment in the process of getting onto a topical cream for the very reason of increasing my DHT levels as wanting a serious spike in my libido, so this is of great interest to me also.
2014 Androderm Patches
2014-2016 Andriol 160mg
June 2016 Clomid/Serophene 12.5mg EOD
September 2016 no TRT all natural and supplements for the time being
February 2017 Testosterone cream 100mg daily

Sept 2016
Testosterone   8.2 nmol/l   9-38
Free Testosterone   239 pmol/l   L   250-800
SHBG:  14    nmol/L   9-60
Free Androgen index   586   >400
Oestradiol    112   pmol/L    <190
LH    2.6 IU/L Adult male   2 - 9 IU/L
FSH  1.4 IU/L Adult male L2 - 12 IU/L

22 November
T 6.8  nmol/L ( 9-38 ) L

March 2017
Testosterone:   45.0  nmol/L ( 9-38 ) H ( 1,323 ng/dl )
Free Testosterone:   1512  pmol/L ( 250-800 ) H
SHBG:   17  nmol/L ( 9-60 )
Plasma IGF-1:   227 ug/L ( 55-198 ) H
Plasma cortisol:   434 nmol/L ( 0600-1000 hrs 170-500 nmol/L )
HbA1c:   36 mmol/mol ( 20-40 )
LH:   <0.1 IU/L
FSH:   0.1 IU/L
DHT Plasma Dihydrotestosterone:   7455   pmol/L ( 223 ng/dl ) 

Reference Range Adult males  1000-6000 pmol/L

Boxcar

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2017, 10:58:14 am »
Sorry for bumping the old thread but im in a similar situation with my T being in mid 600s, E2 sensitive around 40 and DHT also 40.

Though I have room to increase my injection dosage I dont want to since too much T tends to affect my cortisol for some reason. So I want to just boost my DHT and the doc gave me some compounded test gel 5% in addition to my usual injection protocol. I wonder if DHT was the reason I felt amazing at 1200 T before things went downhill when it tanked my cortisol and I had to lower my dosage to feel better

He said to use it EOD though I also don't want my DHT to go too high and just want a decent bump.

Does every 14 days really keep your DHT high for that long? I thought the half life of topicals is really short?

I am having trouble finding the thread, but I think Dr. Saya has said that this protocol typically requires much more frequent application than once every week or two.

Maybe Dr. Saya, or one of his patients, can confirm the typical protocol for you.

My doctor is big on topical DHT (Androxal, which you need to order from Europe).  He chuckled when I mentioned the idea about scrotal application... not that I blame him, it does sound pretty weird.
178 lbs 5'8''

Current Treatment: 50 mg testosterone cypionate IM, twice a week
Low T Symptoms: Chronic pelvic pain, and other neuropathic pain.  Mild anxiety, low energy and low motivation
Meds: Amitriptyline (for pain, not depression), Clonidine (for sleep, not blood pressure)

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2017, 10:58:14 am »