|Can't figure out the cause of your E.D.? Check out these 15 Natural Cures.|
|Combine supplements for max erectile strength? Go with This Approach.|
I am sure most of you have the good sense to stay away from the wacky weed and have heard every excuse in the book from its adherents. I have heard one guy claim it helps him stay cut because it suppresses appetite, not realizing that it is whacking his precious muscle-building testosterone behind the scenes. To those sorts of arguments, one can only give them a look that relays the idea that sticking burning leaves in your mouth and inhaling is never going to be a smart idea! (Other toxic items that we consume include Excitotoxins, Pesticides and Additives Such as BPA.)
Not to make the bad news even worse, but there is also considerable reported evidence of erectile dysfunction among chronic marijuana users. This is undoubtedly partially due to the lowered testosterone. However, the other reason was discovered by one study that showed marijauna effected Nitric Oxide and summarized by saying, "We conclude that early endothelial damage may be induced by chronic cannabis use (and endocannabinoid system activation".  In other words, the happy weed may not make you so happy long term: it may take your sex life with it.
The tragedy with marijuana is that many cultures and youth are embracing marijuana as more "natural", but this is far from being the case. One recent study found that marijuana induces just as much cell toxicity and DNA damage as cigarette smoke.  The researchers were very clear that marijuana displayed just as much cancer causing power as the cigarette smoke: "In addition, when corrected for total particulate matter yield, little difference was observed in the mutagenic activity of samples smoked under the extreme vs the standard regime for both tobacco and marijuana condensates".
I went through the "Make Love Not War" era and pot was front and center stage. Of course, the irony is that there's a lot of guys walking around now not able to "make love", not realizing that the lowered testosterone and decreased nitric oxide of long term marijuana use during that time is behind it all.
NOTE: Researchers have recently found that the THC in marijuana actually effects sperm negatively and literally makes them high. The sperm get "wired" and then literally burn out making it hard for them to achieve their ultimate destination. This may yet another reason why marijuana is tied to reports of infertility (along with the decreased testosterone, LH and FSH of course).
NEW FLASH: Marijuana does not just after your gonads - studies have also shown that it attacks the brain. Researchers have also found that heavy marijuana users have 7% and 12% smaller amygdala and hippocampuses, respectively.  They also have a higher incidence of "starter level" psychotic symptoms.
CAUTION: If you have a medical condition or are on any medications, please discuss any changes with your doctor first. Certain supplements, foods and even juices can alter absorption rates of certain medications for example. Play it safe.
1) J Theor Biol, 1983 Oct 21, 104(4):685-692, "Effects of marijuana on testosterone in male subjects"
2) Pharmacol Biochem Behav, 1986 Jun, 24(6):1749-54, "Acute effects of smoking marijuana on hormones, subjective effects and performance in male human subjects"
3) Intl J of Impotence Research, 2008, 20(6):566-573, "Early endothelial dysfunction as a marker of vasculogenic erectile dysfunction in young habitual cannabis users"
4) Endocrine Effects of Marijuana, Todd T. Brown, MD, and Adrian S. Dobs, MD, MHS
5) Eur J Pharmacol,1974, 26:111-114; Endokrinologie, 1977, 69:299-305
6) Chem. Res. Toxicol., Article Publication Date (Web): July 17, 2009, "The Genotoxicity of Mainstream and Sidestream Marijuana and Tobacco Smoke Condensates", Rebecca M. Maertens, et. al.
7) Neurobiology of Disease, Dec 2009," Chronic exposure to cannabinoids during adolescence but not during adulthood impairs emotional behaviour and monoaminergic neurotransmission"
|WHAT LOW T DOES:|