Steven Lamm, M.D., in his excellent book, The Hardness Factor, likes to say, "The heart and the penis are one". Is he exagerrating? Not in the slightest and all of us males should consider that many of the leading risk factors for cardiovascular disease are also risk factors for erectile dysfunction and impotence, including hypertension (or high blood pressure), metabolic syndrome, LDL, being overweight, depression and so on.
The point is really obvious when you stop to think about it, because a lot of heart disease has to do with endothelial function - the endothelium is the delicate lining of your veins and arteries - and endothelial function is ground zero for erections. Having a healthy, youthful endothelium is critical for our sex lives and a plaque-filled, damaged endothelium is not going to help supply blood to the arteries of your penis.
In fact, for the majority of you that made it to this site, it took you decades of putting your body through physiological hell to get where you are at. Erectile dysfunction is generally heart-related and now you need to repair your endothelium, especially the ones in the groin area! This page and my page on How to Repair Your Erectile Dysfunction is where I show you how.
Remember that the arteries that supply your heart are larger than the ones that supply your penis and, therefore, which is why penile arteries and veins often show symptoms first. Erectile Dysfunction is usually a Shot Across Your Bow, a warning of impending heart disease, so you should definitely take it very seriously. Several studies have shown that, at least for diabetics and those in the early stages of heart disease, erectile dysfunction about doubles your risk of a heart attack. 
Furthermore, heart disease damages the delicate lining of your veins and arteries, which in turn whacks your best bedroom buddy: Nitric Oxide. Nitric Oxide is the stuff of erections. The way an erection works is both complex and simple at the same time: the lining of your blood vessels, called the endothelium, releases Nitric Oxide. Nitric Oxide in turn relaxes the veins and arteries allowing increased blood flow into the penis. This is the mechanism that Viagra, Cialis and Levitra use: they keep Nitric Oxide in your bloodstream longer.
So, generally, to improve your erectile dysfunction, you must get your endothelim back in shape and increase your Nitric Oxide output. Start now! What are you waiting for? You will be able to feel the improvements almost right away. Below are The Keys to Erectile Repair. It's time for your sexual nightmare to end. It's time to improve your erectile dysfunction and enjoy life again!
Well, there you have it. I have given you the most important points about how to greatly improve your erectile dysfunction and eliminate impotence. This is incredibly good news for most of us middle aged and beyond guys who assumed that we had hit the Ultimate Wall. And notice something else important: the research is showing you do not have to spend a fortune to heal your erectile dysfunction: it is almost all at the grocery store (and your gym).
7) Journal of the American College of Cardiology, 2006; 48(4): 715-720
11) J Biol Chem; Apr 14, 2000; 275(15):11278-83
14) Hypertension. 2006,Nutr Rev,Aug 2007,65(8 Pt 1):361-375
18) Ann Intern Med. 2001 Jun 19;134(12):1106-14
30) Brit J of Nutr,July 2003,90(1):13-20; Brit J of Nutr,2007, 97(1):67-76
34) Amer J of Clin Nutr, 1994, 60:1023S 1028S
37) JAMA, 2008, 300(24):2859-2866p>
38) Amer J of Clin Nutr, Sep 2008, 88(3):651-659
40) Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2009, 4:CD006612, "Homocysteine lowering interventions for preventing cardiovascular events"
43) J of Lipid Res, 1997, 38:459-468, "Reducing saturated fat intake is associated with increased levels of LDL receptors on mononuclear cells in healthy men and women" associated with increased levels of LDL receptors on mononuclear cells in healthy men and women"
44) Amer J of Clin Nutr, Nov 2004, 80(5):1102-1103, "Saturated fat prevents coronary artery disease? An American paradox"