Just wanted to start by sayng thanks. The info has really helped. The trouble I have is doing routines so I think what made most difference was idea of putting all the changes into your day naturally. I have found doing this makes the most difference. before I was a lot of time on improving my health but would burn out and get fatigued and then quite for a couple of weeks.
With a back to basics routine I find I slip less and can get back on track easily. Sorry to keep talking about this but I had to get to point where I wasn’t trying to do accomplish everything in one day and punish myself for my sins and all of that. So for me this has been a real key.
My advice for other guys is to just focus on a few things. It took me a long time to figure that one out.
Here is what I do that has really helped. To me it is not that hard but I had to just do these basics
1. I watch carbs and eat good carbs now, not that hard to do.
2. 3 good meals. Used to have a crappy lunch.
3. At least 8 hours sleep
4. walk duringlunch along with extra walking during commute as I get of the train a couple of stops earlier now.
5. Supplements is also simple now.. I get a good multi which has all the required vits, mins and I take some fish oil.
6) I also take your advice and have berries, red wine, dark chocolate and other recommended foods.
One surprising side effect is that I can really feel the difference in cidculation. My hands and feet used to always be cold and now that has gone away.