Quantcast

Author Topic: Ethical Way to Change Doctors?  (Read 7844 times)

Hoosier52

• View Profile
Re: Ethical Way to Change Doctors?
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2016, 12:10:18 pm »
As I've learned more about TRT and discuss it with my wife, her own treatment came up which, frankly, I had never really asked for any details because I knew so little about it. Now that I'm learning more and found out he had done no initial or follow up tests - the red flags have really begun to wave.

Hopefully, I can get her to switch, too. Any good reads I can give to her from competent sources? I want her to want to change because she sees the need to change.

Hoosier52 - I've been treating females since day one and they currently comprise about 25% of my patient population. Dr Crisler doesn't currently treat females (I may train in future as need arises).

http://www.excelmale.com/showthread.php?6207-Defy-Medical-for-female-HRT-experiences

If your wife doesn't "see the need to change" from a doctor who is TREATING her with hormones, yet not CHECKING hormone levels, well...

I spoke to her about it last pm. Like many, she is not educated on HRT and simply does what the doctor says. I will have her watch your videos. He has been her gyno for years so she has developed a trust, albeit misplaced trust when it comes to HRT. Can you recommend any books for her to read?

BTW - I completed the intake papers for Defy yesterday.

Dr Justin Saya, MD

• View Profile
    • Defy Medical
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2016, 01:31:33 pm »
Many women find this very informative and can relate to it:

https://www.amazon.com/Ageless-Naked-Truth-Bioidentical-Hormones/dp/0307237257
Lead Physician & Medical Director
http://www.defymedical.com

NOTE: Comments on this forum are NOT medical advice and are no substitute for individualized patient care. Comments on this forum do not constitute or establish a physician-patient relationship. Please consult your personal physician prior to initiating or changing ANY treatment regimen.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2016, 01:31:33 pm »

Anthony01234567

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2016, 06:05:13 pm »
I don't think he'd take any constructive criticism. When I asked about the sensitive estradiol test he pretty much dismissed the question and me. If he wanted to learn, that was the time to ask for an explanation.

He's  my wife gyno and also treats her for hormones, but never done blood work on her. I may have her go with me to Defy. Anyone have a wife who uses Defy?

You owe him nothing, no amount of constructive criticism will change his ways, from your description his treatment is at best negligent.
To prescribe any hormone treatment and not do blood work is incompetent.
What you had sounds like a pharmacist or a pill sales rep.

I disagree 100%.

No, what you had with this doctor does not sound "negligent at best".

No, the way the doctor is treating his wife is "negligent at best".

OK.  Yes, the "wife" part of the treatment is probably negligent.  I was referring to the "husband" part (and the fact that the husband was leaving due to the unavailability of the sensitive test).

Anthony01234567

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2016, 06:17:22 pm »
The first thing I though of is that an office visit, to "explain" your reasoning is going to cost you money. The same as any office visit. I think few doc's will allow a consultation on their time.

Even my dermatologist friend, someone I'm going flying with today, will simply say, "come in to the office". And that office visit costs me, so I make sure it's productive.

Excellent point.  An office visit costs money.

But the patient does not necessarily need an office visit.  He can send a letter, give a message to the secretary through the phone, etc.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2016, 06:17:22 pm »

Hoosier52

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2016, 06:59:20 pm »
I don't think he'd take any constructive criticism. When I asked about the sensitive estradiol test he pretty much dismissed the question and me. If he wanted to learn, that was the time to ask for an explanation.

He's  my wife gyno and also treats her for hormones, but never done blood work on her. I may have her go with me to Defy. Anyone have a wife who uses Defy?

You owe him nothing, no amount of constructive criticism will change his ways, from your description his treatment is at best negligent.
To prescribe any hormone treatment and not do blood work is incompetent.
What you had sounds like a pharmacist or a pill sales rep.

I disagree 100%.

No, what you had with this doctor does not sound "negligent at best".

No, the way the doctor is treating his wife is "negligent at best".

OK.  Yes, the "wife" part of the treatment is probably negligent.  I was referring to the "husband" part (and the fact that the husband was leaving due to the unavailability of the sensitive test).
[/quot

It's not just the sensitivity test. He also told me it would do no good to test my T levels as T levels are all over the place when you inject T. There's more, but no need to rehash it here.

Anthony01234567

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2016, 07:11:57 pm »
It's not just the sensitivity test. He also told me it would do no good to test my T levels as T levels are all over the place when you inject T. There's more, but no need to rehash it here.

Yes, "T" levels are all over the place.  You have to time them correctly, in accordance with the schedule of when you take the "T" treatment (injection or whatever).

So, you just have to time them correctly.  Not dismiss them altogether.

Anthony01234567

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2016, 08:09:00 pm »

Yes, "T" levels are all over the place.  You have to time them correctly, in accordance with the schedule of when you take the "T" treatment (injection or whatever).

I wanted them tested. He did not. Would you do TRT with a doctor who saw no need to test your T levels? If you do, I'll send you his name 😊

I am agreeing -- not disagreeing -- with you.  I said that the blood tests need to be timed correctly (or else, yes, they are "all over the place").  But the blood tests should not be dismissed out of hand. 

That's what my prior posting said.

Hoosier52

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2016, 10:03:04 pm »

I wanted them tested. He did not. Would you do TRT with a doctor who saw no need to test your T levels? If you do, I'll send you his name 😊

I am agreeing -- not disagreeing -- with you.  I said that the blood tests need to be timed correctly (or else, yes, they are "all over the place").  But the blood tests should not be dismissed out of hand. 

That's what my prior posting said.

Yes, I re-read it and edited my post. My bad. The doctor saw no need at all to ever test for T levels if you are self-injecting. I was stunned. He's a pellet guy and probably doesn't make as much if you're not letting him put pellets in you.

Anthony01234567

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2016, 02:21:36 am »
Yes, I re-read it and edited my post. My bad. The doctor saw no need at all to ever test for T levels if you are self-injecting. I was stunned. He's a pellet guy and probably doesn't make as much if you're not letting him put pellets in you.

Yes, I think the pellets are a big money-maker.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2016, 02:21:36 am »