Quantcast

Author Topic: Drugs for concentration?  (Read 3081 times)

instantk

• View Profile
Drugs for concentration?
« on: May 13, 2016, 12:29:26 pm »
Is there any drug/herb/hormone that increases motivation, focus, reduces ADHD

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Re: Drugs for concentration?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2016, 01:13:19 pm »

My two cents:  start with examining your hormones, exercise and diet.  For me at least, these are all HUGE.  As you've probably heard me preach, both T and DHEA have gotten rid of a lot of anxiety, depression and mental fog.  If you can get rid of those three - depression, anxiety and mental fog - then you are in excellent shape.

I eat a super brain friendly diet - lot of berries for example - in my opinion and I also eat to maximize blood flow - also uber critical for the brain.  The brain is packed with ultrafine capillaries and you have to avoid brain rot and brain calcification if you will.

Exercise is also incredibly huge.  If you don't over exercise and do it just the right intensity and duration, you will feel fantastic for HOURS afterward. 

Nutrition is also very critical.  The brain needs a beefy supply of minerals and vitamins to function properly.

Checking cortisol and thyroid hormones is also critical for some men as well.  Same with progesterone - the catecholamines and so on.  So start pulling some #s if you haven't!
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2016, 01:13:19 pm »

Cataceous

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2016, 02:16:59 pm »
Several of the supplements on JustAskin's list are reputed to have such benefits, including Dopa Mind, Dopa Bean, and DB Brain Enhancers (glycerophosphocholine and phosphatidylserine). You might also research SAM-e. I've been experimenting with them, but have found them mostly too stimulating, even in fractional doses.
I am not a medical doctor; any suggestions are meant to be discussed with your doctor.
Protocol: 4.5 mg T propionate subQ qd, 20 mcg GnRH subQ 5.25x/d, 6.25 mg DHEA bid, 12.5 mg enclomiphene q4d
Approximate levels (peak): TT: 700 ng/dL, E2: 30 pg/mL, DHEA-S: 300 ug/dL, SHBG: 30 nMol/L

Mr.L

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2016, 04:23:51 pm »

My two cents:  start with examining your hormones, exercise and diet.  For me at least, these are all HUGE.  As you've probably heard me preach, both T and DHEA have gotten rid of a lot of anxiety, depression and mental fog.  If you can get rid of those three - depression, anxiety and mental fog - then you are in excellent shape.

I eat a super brain friendly diet - lot of berries for example - in my opinion and I also eat to maximize blood flow - also uber critical for the brain.  The brain is packed with ultrafine capillaries and you have to avoid brain rot and brain calcification if you will.

Exercise is also incredibly huge.  If you don't over exercise and do it just the right intensity and duration, you will feel fantastic for HOURS afterward. 

Nutrition is also very critical.  The brain needs a beefy supply of minerals and vitamins to function properly.

Checking cortisol and thyroid hormones is also critical for some men as well.  Same with progesterone - the catecholamines and so on.  So start pulling some #s if you haven't!

I hope it is ok for me to chime in here. I have lived with ADHD all of my life and it can be very frustrating trying to find clarity and symptom relief. There are so many schools of thought regarding the subject and the disorder is somewhat subjective; symptoms vary from person to person and what works for one individual may not work for the next.
I have read that magnesium supplements may be useful and various other minerals and herbs that are just a google search away. In my experience the absolute BEST solution is to start your day with moderately intense exercise and meditation. Also, learning how to use your use your personality to your advantage could be a "home run". Consider a "Coach", lot of very successful people have ADHD but sometimes you need guidance. I will say that I also have low levels of testosterone and DHEA and if you cannot correct that you will struggle to be successful dealing with ADHD. 

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2016, 04:23:51 pm »

Anthony01234567

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2016, 10:10:25 pm »
Of course, there are drugs.  Usually stuff like Ritalin, Provigil, Nuvigil, Adderall, etc.

I tried them.  They were good on the one hand, but bad on the other.  I ultimately decided to stop taking them.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2016, 02:53:05 am »

I hope it is ok for me to chime in here. I have lived with ADHD all of my life and it can be very frustrating trying to find clarity and symptom relief. There are so many schools of thought regarding the subject and the disorder is somewhat subjective; symptoms vary from person to person and what works for one individual may not work for the next.
I have read that magnesium supplements may be useful and various other minerals and herbs that are just a google search away. In my experience the absolute BEST solution is to start your day with moderately intense exercise and meditation. Also, learning how to use your use your personality to your advantage could be a "home run". Consider a "Coach", lot of very successful people have ADHD but sometimes you need guidance. I will say that I also have low levels of testosterone and DHEA and if you cannot correct that you will struggle to be successful dealing with ADHD.

Until I went on DHEA, my mind was racing all over the place.  I would constantly interrupt people.  Now I'm relaxed and can listen - huge difference. 

« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 09:59:35 am by PeakT »
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2016, 02:53:05 am »