Quantcast

Author Topic: The Defy Experience  (Read 3927 times)

Mr.L

• View Profile
The Defy Experience
« on: May 24, 2016, 05:19:25 pm »
I just wanted to take a moment and share my experience with Defy Medical. From the very beginning their staff have been kind, courteous and professional. They never tried to push, pressure or rush me into making a decision. They were patient and friendly when I had a question and they did everything in a timely manner. This is true of the intake personnel (I don't know if I can tell you his name but he was great!), The Doctor (DR. Saya; great too!), and the Nurses that called to get my medication delivered to me. They all explained things in a way I could understand them and encouraged me to ask questions and to call them if I needed to. It was such a positive experience that I wish I would have known about them when I first started having issues. My wait time for an appointment was no longer than I waited to see the endocrinologist and they spent much more time talking to me about my options and even asked for my input. It was such a good experience to have a Doctor who is knowledgeable take time to make sure I understood what I need and then make sure I got it. So good in fact, that I have referred my wife to them. If any of you are struggling with a Doctor that just "doesn't get it" I highly recommend that you take the plunge and go for it with Defy; you will not be disappointed. Furthermore, what you pay for medication and care couldn't be more reasonable. What I will be spending per month is comparable to a co-pay for a non-generic antidepressant and your chances of having a Prozac deficiency are pretty slim :). Call Defy and get what you need.   Thanks!         
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 08:55:51 pm by Mr.L »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Re: The Defy Experience
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 06:19:41 pm »
What I will be spending per month is comparable to a high co-pay for and expensive antidepressant and your chances of having a Prozac deficiency are pretty slim :). Call Defy and get what you need.   Thanks!         

Imo Defy's comprehensive approach to hormonal management, i.e. looking at the major hormones (T, E2, DHEA, preg, cortisol, thyroid), will easily pay for itself.  Besides what you  mentioned, let me add that I am reading Dr. Dzugan's approach and he proved in several studies that getting these hormones into optimal ranges - he doesn't do thyroid though I don't believe - will drop your cholesterol as much as a statin or pretty close.  The lipid changes with well done hormones is profound but all hormones have to managed - not just T.  This is Defy's approach. 
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 06:19:41 pm »

Mr.L

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 06:40:26 pm »
What I will be spending per month is comparable to a high co-pay for and expensive antidepressant and your chances of having a Prozac deficiency are pretty slim :). Call Defy and get what you need.   Thanks!         

Imo Defy's comprehensive approach to hormonal management, i.e. looking at the major hormones (T, E2, DHEA, preg, cortisol, thyroid), will easily pay for itself.  Besides what you  mentioned, let me add that I am reading Dr. Dzugan's approach and he proved in several studies that getting these hormones into optimal ranges - he doesn't do thyroid though I don't believe - will drop your cholesterol as much as a statin or pretty close.  The lipid changes with well done hormones is profound but all hormones have to managed - not just T.  This is Defy's approach.

I hope that didn't sound wrong, I meant that it is NOT expensive. I will be taking three medications; and out of pocket it will be less expensive than a co-pay for some medications alone that I have been prescribed in the past. I apologize if there was any confusion.

Dr Justin Saya, MD

• View Profile
    • Defy Medical
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2016, 12:02:45 am »
Very kind of you, Mr L.

We sure do our best and I have an outstanding team that is fully dedicated to the mission!
Lead Physician & Medical Director
http://www.defymedical.com

NOTE: Comments on this forum are NOT medical advice and are no substitute for individualized patient care. Comments on this forum do not constitute or establish a physician-patient relationship. Please consult your personal physician prior to initiating or changing ANY treatment regimen.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2016, 12:02:45 am »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2016, 04:31:02 am »

I hope that didn't sound wrong, I meant that it is NOT expensive. I will be taking three medications; and out of pocket it will be less expensive than a co-pay for some medications alone that I have been prescribed in the past. I apologize if there was any confusion.

No, you didn't.  Some of my personal philosophy was coming out there...
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Mr.L

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2016, 06:55:22 am »

No, you didn't.  Some of my personal philosophy was coming out there...

Well I would not have found them if it weren't for your forum Peak, so thanks to you as well. This is a good thing and I think it is great that you have Defy as a sponsor.  Good people sharing good information offering guidance where it is much needed. Thanks again.

Weasels

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2016, 03:42:23 pm »
I completely agree L.  My experience with Defy has been nothing short of amazing.  While I still think I have some dialing in to do,  Dr. Saya and team are willing to make changes as needed. His staff has been CALLING ME to see how things are going.  Never experienced that before and was really caught off guard by it to be honest.

Great work Defy Team!

sustainedenergy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2016, 07:48:48 pm »
I have my consult next week with Defy and can't wait!  Already on TRT but the knowledge base from the Defy doctors I think will be much more beneficial for me.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2016, 07:48:48 pm »