Quantcast

Author Topic: Travelling with HCG  (Read 7241 times)

gimmeabreak

• View Profile
Travelling with HCG
« on: May 27, 2016, 04:52:41 pm »
I just received my first script of HCG today. I'm eager to get started but I will be away for the next two weeks. I'm unsure about having access to a refrigerator for most of the time. Should I wait to start the HCG until I return home? Or can I keep it in my room without it spoiling?
39 years old/ 180lbs.

April 2016 - 50mg test cypionate 2x week
                - 250 iu HCG eod
                - 25 mg DHEA daily

Sleep apnea - CPAP

- Former natural physique competitor
- switched from weightlifting to gymnastics in January 2016
- diet: some what paleo based. Lots of veggies, no sugar, no grains, fish, chicken, beef. (I use wild, grass fed, free range and hormone free whenever possible)

Cataceous

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Travelling with HCG
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2016, 06:26:20 pm »
Since you're new to it you might want to wait. However, diabetics have been dealing with these issues for a long time, and there are various aids. See the discussion here for example.

We were not familiar with a British company, Frio UK Ltd., which until recently had only limited representation in the United States. Frio’s cooling wallets keep insulin cool and safe for up to 45 hours—up to five times longer than ice packs—even if the temperature outside is 100°F.

You activate the wallet by immersing it in cold water for 10 to 15 minutes. That makes the crystals in the panels of the wallet expand into a gel that will remain cool for several days with Frio’s patented process. Even though it makes use of evaporation to stay cool, the Frio wallet will remain dry to the touch after you take it out of the water and dry it off.
I am not a medical doctor; any suggestions are meant to be discussed with your doctor.
Protocol: 3.2 mg TE subQ qd, 2.4 mg TP subQ qd, 20 mcg GnRH subQ 5.25x/d, 6.25 mg DHEA bid, 12.5 mg enclomiphene qod
Approximate levels (peak): TT: 700 ng/dL, E2: 30 pg/mL, DHEA-S: 300 ug/dL, SHBG: 30 nMol/L

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2016, 06:26:20 pm »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 07:20:08 pm »
I just received my first script of HCG today. I'm eager to get started but I will be away for the next two weeks. I'm unsure about having access to a refrigerator for most of the time. Should I wait to start the HCG until I return home? Or can I keep it in my room without it spoiling?

I'd wait.  I would guess the refrigeration aspect is pretty important.  Also, I doubt it's a spoilage issue but rather the chemical bonds breaking down more rapidly.
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

croaker24

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2016, 07:23:41 pm »

That is one of the reasons I've held off trying HCG.    I travel a few times a year, sometimes doing an overseas 2-week hiking trip.    The other question I would have is:  what are the consequences
if one was to stop HCG for a few weeks and then resume?

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2016, 07:23:41 pm »

Cataceous

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2016, 09:53:19 pm »
...     The other question I would have is:  what are the consequences if one was to stop HCG for a few weeks and then resume?

At least one guy on here said his protocol involved taking hCG during one week each month on top of standard TRT. That makes it sound possible for fairly long breaks from hCG to be tolerable. Perhaps one would compensate by increasing the T while off the hCG.
I am not a medical doctor; any suggestions are meant to be discussed with your doctor.
Protocol: 3.2 mg TE subQ qd, 2.4 mg TP subQ qd, 20 mcg GnRH subQ 5.25x/d, 6.25 mg DHEA bid, 12.5 mg enclomiphene qod
Approximate levels (peak): TT: 700 ng/dL, E2: 30 pg/mL, DHEA-S: 300 ug/dL, SHBG: 30 nMol/L

davie12

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2016, 09:19:18 pm »

I'd wait.  I would guess the refrigeration aspect is pretty important.  Also, I doubt it's a spoilage issue but rather the chemical bonds breaking down more rapidly.

I used HCG as a monotherapy a couple of years ago for a period of a few months. My understanding from speaking to a compounding pharmacy is that the issue with refrigeration is one of ensuring that the HCG, once reconstituted, doesn't develop bacteria. I realize that is the purpose of the bacteriostatic water that is used. However, even after optimal conditions (ie. refrigeration), there is a time limit as to how long it will last before being compromised. That is the primary issue rather than HCG losing its effectiveness. If a typical ampule contains 10,000ius, then it is difficult to use it within a month unless someone is on a decent size dosage regimen. I sometimes didn't throw it out after a month if I knew I would be using up the rest of a batch within a couple of weeks (ie. using precaution and making sure it was in back of the refrigerator where it was colder and the door wasn't opened excessively). The chemical bonds point has more to do with shaking the HCG/water mixture excessively to cause that fizzing. You always want to keep the ampule stable and slowly transfer the mixed HCG to the syringe.
Recovering from adrenal fatigue through Paleo diet+exercise+vitamins/supplements; formerly used HCG & Clomid at various dosages

Cataceous

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2016, 11:48:15 pm »
I used HCG as a monotherapy a couple of years ago for a period of a few months. My understanding from speaking to a compounding pharmacy is that the issue with refrigeration is one of ensuring that the HCG, once reconstituted, doesn't develop bacteria. I realize that is the purpose of the bacteriostatic water that is used. However, even after optimal conditions (ie. refrigeration), there is a time limit as to how long it will last before being compromised. That is the primary issue rather than HCG losing its effectiveness. If a typical ampule contains 10,000ius, then it is difficult to use it within a month unless someone is on a decent size dosage regimen. I sometimes didn't throw it out after a month if I knew I would be using up the rest of a batch within a couple of weeks (ie. using precaution and making sure it was in back of the refrigerator where it was colder and the door wasn't opened excessively). The chemical bonds point has more to do with shaking the HCG/water mixture excessively to cause that fizzing. ...

My understanding is that it is the fragility of hCG that is the problem with storage, not the bacterial contamination. I don't have a definitive reference, though this one seems relevant:

Unlike testosterone, which is a single molecule, human chorionic gonadotropin is a peptide. More specifically, it is a long string of 237 molecules known as amino acids. Due to its complexity, HCG must be stored properly to prevent decomposition over time.

This article advises against freezing reconstituted hCG, but interestingly, some guys do preload their syringes and freeze them, apparently with success.

Sighalot

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2016, 12:39:56 am »
This article advises against freezing reconstituted hCG, but interestingly, some guys do preload their syringes and freeze them, apparently with success.

John Crisler does not share that opinion.
http://www.allthingsmale.com/community/threads/i-have-been-completely-wrong-about-freezing-hcg.20820/

"Attached is our potency data…originally mixed and tested in August. After testing, the preparation was frozen and stored at the lab. Every 30 days, the preparation was thawed and tested. You can see the results for up to 90 days frozen. As I’m certain your aware, the USP standard for almost all preparations is 90-110% of labeled strength, but for hCG the standard is 80-125% of labeled strength. Our results fall well within these range."

Cataceous

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2016, 02:04:49 am »
John Crisler does not share that opinion.
http://www.allthingsmale.com/community/threads/i-have-been-completely-wrong-about-freezing-hcg.20820/

It's good to see that freezing may have some data behind it.

What about the comments of JanSz in that thread? If accurate they would seem to be of interest to the OP. What would make this stuff more durable?

Ovidrel=recombinant HCG, rHCG

It comes in 1/2cc syringes
then it can be diluted with BW.

New syringe should be refrigerated.
When reconstituted it does not need refrigiration and have 30 days shelf life.
I keep mine in refrigerator anyhow.

For travel without possibility of refrigeration, one can preload as many syringes as need for use within one month.

gimmeabreak

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2016, 12:04:27 pm »
So in away and I managed to score a refrigerator. I brought my hcg with me in case this happened. But, I have a two hour drive home at the end of my two weeks. Is it ok to drive with my hcg if I keep it in a cooler with ice packs ?
39 years old/ 180lbs.

- 250 iu HCG eod
                - 25 mg DHEA daily

Sleep apnea - CPAP

- diet: some what paleo based. Lots of veggies, no sugar, no grains, fish, chicken, beef. (I use wild, grass fed, free range and hormone free whenever possible)

Hydranted

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2016, 12:13:56 pm »
So in away and I managed to score a refrigerator. I brought my hcg with me in case this happened. But, I have a two hour drive home at the end of my two weeks. Is it ok to drive with my hcg if I keep it in a cooler with ice packs ?

Absolutely. 

Something I always recommend for guys who want to travel with their hCG is an insulin travel case.  There are a variety of options, but basically they are just small bags/pouches that are lined with cold packs that last for 40+ hours.  Many have little pockets for syringes and alcohol swabs too.

But yes, any cooler with ice packs will do.

billsman

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2016, 01:08:50 pm »
I've been on hCG for 11 years.   If you travel a lot, hCG can be a pain.  It's very inconvenient and you do need to refrigerate it.  Frankly, one of the big advantages of Androgel packets is that you can simply put it in your quart sized bag and be done with it. 

In the OP's case, I would wait until you're back to begin tx.   

gimmeabreak

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2016, 11:25:56 pm »
I've been on hCG for 11 years.   If you travel a lot, hCG can be a pain.  It's very inconvenient and you do need to refrigerate it.  Frankly, one of the big advantages of Androgel packets is that you can simply put it in your quart sized bag and be done with it. 

Sorry, i'm confused. What does androgel packets have to do with hcg?
39 years old/ 180lbs.

- 250 iu HCG eod
                - 25 mg DHEA daily

Sleep apnea - CPAP

K34RT

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2016, 12:53:50 am »

Sorry, i'm confused. What does androgel packets have to do with hcg?

He's just contrasting the ease of transporting androgel packets compared to the annoyance of hcg, which obviously requires refrigeration.
Secondary Hypogonadism cause unknown, possibility Accutane related.
MRI Pituitary clear

Currently trying to get rid of chronic prostatitis with supplements targeting inflammation (Turmeric/Green Lipped Mussel)

Old Protocol :
40mg Test E3.5 days IM
250 IU hCG E3.5 days SubQ
New Protocol:
switched to hCG EOD on the 19/4/16
and 25mg Test EOD SubQ on the 18/5/16
Latest test results: 730 ug/dl

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2016, 12:53:50 am »