General Category > Testosterone, Hormones and General Men's Health

Varicocele and Vasectomies

<< < (2/3) > >>

PeakT:

--- Quote from: Samson1971 on February 15, 2013, 04:26:16 pm ---
I think this subject deserves a blog:-)

--- End quote ---

Well, get busy!  I can barely keep up with this one...

Sam:
I just meant an article on your blog.  I am not as creative as you and I failed English in highschool 4 years in a row.. :-)

PeakT:

--- Quote from: Samson1971 on February 15, 2013, 05:53:33 pm ---I just meant an article on your blog.  I am not as creative as you and I failed English in highschool 4 years in a row.. :-)

--- End quote ---

Don't let that stop you.  I had very high college entrance exam scores in math and science, but my English was unimpressive.  And yet here I am willing to subject you guys to my daily hackings.  The way I see it is good, evidence-based information written even half way well can make a huge difference...

EH:
Sam, did you get the varicocele fixed?

In the current study, Dr. Goldstein and his colleagues measured the preoperative testosterone levels of 325 men with varicoceles and in 510 men without varicoceles. They found that men at every age with varicoceles had significantly lower testosterone levels (416 vs. 469 ng/dL) than the comparison group. After undergoing microsurgical varicocelectomy, testosterone levels significantly increased in 70 percent of the patients, with a mean increase of 178 ng/dL.

I think anyone would be happy with +178 ng/dL.  I have had a varicocele since my teens, and this research suggests I have lower T as a result.

Sam:
I did and it had no impact on t levels but major improvements in sleep.  Basically I went from waking up 3-5 times a night to sleeping through the night totally again.

The Improvement in t levels I think was most common men with bilateral varicoceles.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version