Quantcast

Author Topic: Defy - another quick review (HCG mono for 2.5 years, now T plus HCG)  (Read 4564 times)

feelgood

• View Profile
very quickly:

Last few years dealt with a uro, it's been fine/ok, he helped me out a little my T issues as HCG worked fairly well for me. My insurance stopped covering my HCG, and there was a lag in communication with my doctors office on what to do, so i decided to go with Defy. Long story short, they were/are great. Great and responsive staff, labs quickly done, and had my initial consult with Dr Saya after my labs came in. He was great, nice, knowledgeable, etc etc.

Ok, so where i'm at: I started T (3.5ml) plus HCG (500ml) twice a week. I started April 26. I hit the month mark, and felt...nothing. or...same. Not really good (kind of like, but not as bad as, when i stopped HCG for a few weeks). I blew past the month mark and started to get nervous. Then, around 2 weeks ago, my libido and my erections seemed to tick up. Last week, my libido and erections were off the charts. It was really fun, and i felt great overall even beyond that aspect. This week, so far, is more muted, so things may be leveling off, or i'm just more calm this week for whatever reason. Point being - it was really fun to "feel" really good and strong in both confidence, erections, and libido. We'll see now where things go. Bottom line, i think after 2 weeks I really expected to start to notice something, but it didn't happen that way. Everyone is different, so even if you don't feel anything after the 1st month, or even 2nd, i'd hang in there. You might be surprised.

PS - i have no idea where my levels are. I think he calls for labs again 3 months after starting, but i'm not sure.

All in all, i'm pretty excited, even if i feel like i kinda fell back to earth this week :)

lowtguy2015

• View Profile
Re: Defy - another quick review (HCG mono for 2.5 years, now T plus HCG)
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 08:47:18 pm »
Been with Defy for several months and they are great. I have recommended them to a few of my friends.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 08:47:18 pm »

feelgood

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 12:02:16 am »
agreed! oh - he also started me on 25mg a day of DHEA.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2016, 01:01:23 am »
very quickly:

Last few years dealt with a uro, it's been fine/ok, he helped me out a little my T issues as HCG worked fairly well for me. My insurance stopped covering my HCG, and there was a lag in communication with my doctors office on what to do, so i decided to go with Defy. Long story short, they were/are great. Great and responsive staff, labs quickly done, and had my initial consult with Dr Saya after my labs came in. He was great, nice, knowledgeable, etc etc.

Ok, so where i'm at: I started T (3.5ml) plus HCG (500ml) twice a week. I started April 26. I hit the month mark, and felt...nothing. or...same. Not really good (kind of like, but not as bad as, when i stopped HCG for a few weeks). I blew past the month mark and started to get nervous. Then, around 2 weeks ago, my libido and my erections seemed to tick up. Last week, my libido and erections were off the charts. It was really fun, and i felt great overall even beyond that aspect. This week, so far, is more muted, so things may be leveling off, or i'm just more calm this week for whatever reason. Point being - it was really fun to "feel" really good and strong in both confidence, erections, and libido. We'll see now where things go. Bottom line, i think after 2 weeks I really expected to start to notice something, but it didn't happen that way. Everyone is different, so even if you don't feel anything after the 1st month, or even 2nd, i'd hang in there. You might be surprised.

PS - i have no idea where my levels are. I think he calls for labs again 3 months after starting, but i'm not sure.

All in all, i'm pretty excited, even if i feel like i kinda fell back to earth this week :)

Just keep in mind that it's not all about hormones directly.  It can have to do with training hard, lack of sleep, stress, some bug we are fighting on a ground level, maybe some minor food poisoning, sometimes diet - there are many variables that can effect things. 

Of course, all of those kind of things should come and go.  So if you stay muted, then you've got to do some digging and/or discuss with Dr. Saya imo.  But there can be dips and cycles just built into life and we have to give things time.

Let us know how it goes!
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2016, 01:01:23 am »

Boxcar

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2016, 01:32:47 am »
3-6 weeks seems to be where I really notice the effects of test cyp (or changes to protocol). It's a bit counter-intuitive, but that's really how long it takes for changes to take effect with injections (someone posted a graph showing this effect a while back).

Out of curiosity, did you have your DHEA levels checked?
178 lbs 5'8''

Current Treatment: 50 mg testosterone cypionate IM, twice a week
Low T Symptoms: Chronic pelvic pain, and other neuropathic pain.  Mild anxiety, low energy and low motivation
Meds: Amitriptyline (for pain, not depression), Clonidine (for sleep, not blood pressure)

feelgood

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2016, 12:54:19 pm »
3-6 weeks seems to be where I really notice the effects of test cyp (or changes to protocol). It's a bit counter-intuitive, but that's really how long it takes for changes to take effect with injections (someone posted a graph showing this effect a while back).

yes, on my initial labs with Defy. It was 178 ug/dL (range of 71-375). So, not anything bad, but i guess not in what he considers the "sweet spot." Of course, it's impossibly to know if supplementing with DHEA had a role in helping me seemingly feel really good of late, since i started taking it right when i started on the T protocol.

Weasels

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2016, 05:11:22 pm »
Might want to check your units of measurements.  Neither of those numbers are something defy would prescribe.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2016, 05:39:35 pm »

yes, on my initial labs with Defy. It was 178 ug/dL (range of 71-375). So, not anything bad, but i guess not in what he considers the "sweet spot." Of course, it's impossibly to know if supplementing with DHEA had a role in helping me seemingly feel really good of late, since i started taking it right when i started on the T protocol.

I think we've talked about this but your DHEA-S was quite close to mine and it cause me a lot of anxiety.
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

feelgood

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2016, 07:56:21 pm »
Might want to check your units of measurements.  Neither of those numbers are something defy would prescribe.

sorry - for T, 0.35 ml.

For the HCG, it's 500 iu

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2016, 07:56:21 pm »