Quantcast

Author Topic: first post, and my levels - Varicocele surgery update - and CLOMID  (Read 64201 times)

feelgood

• View Profile
Re: first post, and my levels
« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2012, 04:46:50 pm »
thanks, great to know. Hasn't even been a week yet, so i'll definitely be patient and see how this goes.

If the Clomid doesn't "do it" for me, he said we'd try HCG.

feelgood

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 12, 2012, 01:35:30 pm »
ok, my other "step in the process" happens tomorrow...Varicocele surgery, bright and early. Wish me luck :)

For those interested, i'll report on how i feel post op, and of course report back on whether T levels might rise from the fix. Again, my Urologist said "normal" expectations is around a 100 point rise. So it's not a huge T therapy, but i'll take anything, considering where i'm coming from (two tests of 194, and 278) , and i'm happy to get this done for the other reasons as well (fertility and possible  long term testicle quality issues from it)

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #61 on: April 12, 2012, 01:35:30 pm »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #62 on: April 12, 2012, 04:12:00 pm »
You're on clomid, right?  It's going to be a little hard to tell if the procedure helped or not, but to me it makes sense to get at the most potential root causes as possible.

My guess is that the clomid is really going to help you.  Your T numbers are so low that I would think it was secondary and, if so, clomid might really help.  I don't think you ever posted your LH and FSH numbers, did you?  Did you ever get those tested?
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

feelgood

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 12, 2012, 05:35:24 pm »
yes, I am on the Clomid. Three weeks. you're right, that means i'm likely not really going to be able to effectively tell how the varicocele fix works for T levels.

So, the whole primary or secondary question is still confusing to me....here are my LH/FSH levels (only had those done once - this past January):

FSH: 2.6 (scale 1.5 - 12.4)

LH: 5.2 (scale 1.7 - 8.6)

I *swear* he told me i was primary....but that was over the phone and he might have messed up. I don't know. Based on my numbers, please let me know what you think so i can bring anything up with him. I don't know what my FSH/LH numbers really "say." Help is appreciated.

On Clomid for three weeks. Nothing major to report in terms of my overall feel. I am getting my T level/everything else checked in either early or mid May.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #63 on: April 12, 2012, 05:35:24 pm »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #64 on: April 12, 2012, 06:58:58 pm »
Usually in primary your LH and FSH are elevated.  The signaling goes into overdrive in order to somehow try to squeeze some T out of those Leydig cells.

With secondary the same are low or sometimes normal. 
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

feelgood

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 12, 2012, 10:07:10 pm »
ok i need to ask him again then. i don't get it. my levels read like i'd be secondary, right?

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #66 on: April 13, 2012, 12:37:11 pm »
In my non-professional opinion, yes.  But look:  here's a quote from none other than wikipedia:

"Physicians measure gonadotropins (LH and FSH) to distinguish primary from secondary hypogonadism. In primary hypogonadism the LH and/or FSH are usually elevated, meaning the problem is in the testicles, whereas in secondary hypogonadism, both are normal or low, suggesting the problem is in the brain."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypogonadism

Also, a knowledgeable doc can test for that with HCG, etc.

feelgood

• View Profile
Re: first post, and my levels <update, had surgery today>
« Reply #67 on: April 13, 2012, 02:53:49 pm »
thanks....well, already back home and coming out of the daze of anaesesia....(sp).

two hour procedure in total, was out like a light immediately, didn't even feel going to sleep. boom out.

little sore, but they have it numbed. I have this special pair of briefs on that they must have given me while asleep after. It has like a built in ice pack!

gotta wear briefs for a two weeks besides this special jock i have on now. No exertion for two weeks....i will miss my running/biking/gym work, but that's ok of course.

he gave me a pain killer script, so i sounds like by tonight i'll need one to sleep :)

all in all, he said it went well (to my wife - i didn't even speak to him!).

i want to know what it looked like in there. I see him in two weeks.

Well, glad i got it done! will continue to report for anyone interested..

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #68 on: April 13, 2012, 04:06:27 pm »
Sounds like they got you packed like a shipment of Omaha steaks!  Glad it went well and may your T ever rise...
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 05:50:44 pm by PeakT »

feelgood

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 13, 2012, 04:49:45 pm »
LOL! totally....

thanks for the well wishes. It's nice to have this forum  - with you and all the other good guy on here - to bounce things off of.

Will report in...resting rather comfortably with  a "Breaking  Bad" marathon to come :)

spiderman

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 14, 2012, 03:06:41 am »
All the best Starry....hope u start to feel the benefits soon...keep taking the Vits!

feelgood

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 15, 2012, 04:20:36 pm »
thanks Spidey.

definitely sore. This isn't some picnic, that's for sure. Could be worse, but wow, this is no fun.

Time moving so slow. Not used to sitting around doing nothing! Cant wait until i hit milestones like 1, 2 weeks in. See how i feel. Can't imagine things like sex (or even feeling horny), so i just need to "shelf" that and understand i won't be feelin' sexy for a few weeks i guess :)

feelgood

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 16, 2012, 10:23:49 pm »
update: day 4: well every day sort of feels better than the last, which is how you'd want it, i suppose!

was able to even get out and walk close to a mile today (slowly). Friday, saturday, and most of sunday i could barely stand erect. So, i guess that's good.

Still sore, especially when on feet for too long - but nothing crazy. Really hoping for no setbacks.

I could be wrong/seeing things, but i'm wondering if some of the blood that was going into my "too large" veins in my scrotum is now going into my penis! i swear my penis looks "vein-ier"

My scrotum was really tight the first three days...then today, it went back to being loose (as it has been most of the time before surgery). At least it was when i finally took my first cautious shower in three days :)....still swollen, left one bigger than right.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #73 on: April 17, 2012, 03:44:38 am »
Sounds like your doc earned his money...

feelgood

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 17, 2012, 02:21:31 pm »
yes, on all accounts...so the dr. that did the surgery is the same one that launched me on my immediate plan of Clomid, and originally diagnosing the varicocele.

So, so far so good on him...

Quick question Peak - based on my levels (really the FSH/LH), do I *seem* to be a good candidate for Clomid (as i've been on since March 21). I assume so, since he put me on it, but just looking for another opinion. ie, just on paper given where my panel is for FSH/LH, might HGC be better?

Just thinking out loud...i will obviously know more once i get overall T checked in a couple weeks.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #74 on: April 17, 2012, 02:21:31 pm »