Quantcast

Author Topic: 5/16 Inch Needles Work Great For Testosterone Cypionate Injections  (Read 12442 times)

Hydranted

• View Profile
[MODERATOR SPLIT FROM HERE:  http://www.peaktestosterone.com/forum/index.php?topic=10757.0 ]

I use insulin syringes to inject intramuscularly.

What would you suggest for IM quad injections?  My doctor has me using 5/8'' needles.  1/2'' is the longest I have seen on an insulin syringe, which is why I assumed that it would not work.

I would appreciate any advice!

I use 1/2" needles for my injections (mostly quad, delt, and VG) and they work great.

BD offers a few 5/8" options.  If I recall they come in 28g, 27g, and 25g.  They don't make smaller gauges in this length because they become a little too flexible.

Lately I've been using BD 28g 1/2" insulin syringes.  I like them a lot.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 03:44:47 pm by PeakT »

Boxcar

• View Profile
Re: 5/16 Inch Needles Work Great For Testosterone Cypionate Injections
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2016, 10:03:50 pm »

What would you suggest for IM quad injections?  My doctor has me using 5/8'' needles.  1/2'' is the longest I have seen on an insulin syringe, which is why I assumed that it would not work.

I use 1/2" needles for my injections (mostly quad, delt, and VG) and they work great.

BD offers a few 5/8" options.  If I recall they come in 28g, 27g, and 25g.  They don't make smaller gauges in this length because they become a little too flexible.

Thanks, I missed those.  They only had the 1/2'' BD insulin syringes at CVS, but I tested one and found that only a small drop was wasted (vs. 0.075 ml for the BD PrecisionGlide on a slip tip).  I'm sure the 1/2 would be ok, but I'll play it safe and wait for the 5/8'' syringes coming in the mail.  The shorter needles might look better once I lose some of that sub q fat.

I wouldn't mind using a thinner needle though.  Do you back load the 28g insulin syringe?  Out of curiosity, is there a reason you do IM, rather than sub q injections?  I just do the IM shots because that's what my doctor showed me.
178 lbs 5'8''

Current Treatment: 50 mg testosterone cypionate IM, twice a week
Low T Symptoms: Chronic pelvic pain, and other neuropathic pain.  Mild anxiety, low energy and low motivation
Meds: Amitriptyline (for pain, not depression), Clonidine (for sleep, not blood pressure)

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2016, 10:03:50 pm »

Cataceous

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2016, 12:55:10 am »
I wouldn't mind using a thinner needle though. ...

For subQ I find 30-gauge, 5/16" is comfortable. 31 gauge works but is too slow for me for testosterone, though fine for hCG. I don't backfill, so for loading testosterone I hang the vial upside down in order to do other things. 29 gauge is a lot faster but more noticeable during the stick.
I am not a medical doctor; any suggestions are meant to be discussed with your doctor.
Protocol: 4.5 mg T propionate subQ qd, 20 mcg GnRH subQ 5.25x/d, 6.25 mg DHEA bid, 12.5 mg enclomiphene q4d
Approximate levels (peak): TT: 700 ng/dL, E2: 30 pg/mL, DHEA-S: 300 ug/dL, SHBG: 30 nMol/L

Hydranted

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2016, 01:15:17 pm »

Thanks, I missed those.  They only had the 1/2'' BD insulin syringes at CVS, but I tested one and found that only a small drop was wasted (vs. 0.075 ml for the BD PrecisionGlide on a slip tip).  I'm sure the 1/2 would be ok, but I'll play it safe and wait for the 5/8'' syringes coming in the mail.  The shorter needles might look better once I lose some of that sub q fat.

I wouldn't mind using a thinner needle though.  Do you back load the 28g insulin syringe?  Out of curiosity, is there a reason you do IM, rather than sub q injections?  I just do the IM shots because that's what my doctor showed me.

No I don't backload my syringes, there's really no need to.  While a 28g doesn't exactly lend itself to speedy oil drawing, it's not slow enough to bother me at all.  Most of us on TRT are drawing pretty small volumes of oil, so it shouldn't take an exceptionally long time to get our desired dose from the vial.

I sometimes do subQ injections if I'm injecting my glutes, or if I happen to grab one of my shorter needles (I've got a pretty wide variety of lengths and gauges).  I prefer IM mostly because it's hassle free for me.  SubQ injections usually give me an annoying lump at the injection site.  Not a huge deal, but I'd rather not have an itchy lump for a few days. 

I've also never noted any significant changes to my labs when I tried solely subQ injections.  So I don't really have any reason to stick with them consitently.  I don't dislike them, just not my preference.

On top of that, I also kinda like the feeling of injecting into muscle.  In a weird way, it feels good.  I've always enjoyed needle sticks!

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2016, 01:15:17 pm »

Joe Sixpack

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2016, 01:28:06 pm »

Who do you get the BD 28g from?  I asked Defy for 28g but they said they didn't have access to any.
Protocol: 25 mg T Cyp + 25 IU HCG M,W,F + 2 clicks T Cream + 15mg DHEA + 15mg Pregnenalone daily.
12/2018 test results: TT: 1054 ng/dL (264-916), FT: 17.2 pg/mL (7.2-24), E2: 21.6 pg/mL sensitive (8.0-35.0)

Hydranted

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2016, 03:18:18 pm »

Who do you get the BD 28g from?  I asked Defy for 28g but they said they didn't have access to any.

https://www.adwdiabetes.com/product/bd-u-100-insulin-syringe-with-micro-fine-28g-1cc-100-per-box-329424_13335.htm

53chevy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2016, 06:02:05 am »
I started sub q about a month ago. I use 31 g 5/16" and will never go back to using a harpoon for IM. Only takes a couple minutes to load at most. Sub q has also pretty much gotten me off liquidex even with upping my dose a little bit.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2016, 03:57:57 pm »
I started sub q about a month ago. I use 31 g 5/16" and will never go back to using a harpoon for IM. Only takes a couple minutes to load at most. Sub q has also pretty much gotten me off liquidex even with upping my dose a little bit.

31?  That's about as low as you can go I guess - new record.
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

SomeGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2016, 07:21:46 pm »
I'm using 31g insulin needles for HCG in the abdomen (pinching fat) and 29g insulin needles for test cyp in the glutes (standard IM style injection but with a shorter needle. I'm not sure if I'm hitting muscle or fat).

I get the 0.5ml syringes which make it much easier to measure smaller doses accurately.
Current protocol -- 66mg Test Cyp 3x per week, 0.1mg Arimidex 3x per week, 125 IU HCG every day.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2016, 07:21:46 pm »