Quantcast

Author Topic: Testosterone Causes Greed in Society  (Read 8259 times)

Sam

• View Profile
Testosterone Causes Greed in Society
« on: March 07, 2013, 02:17:55 am »
Umm...   Could this guy be an alien sent from the planet WohMahn to destroy all men on planet earth?

http://www.ted.com/talks/paul_zak_trust_morality_and_oxytocin.html?quote=1146

Sam

• View Profile
Re: Testosterone Causes Greed in Society
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 02:28:13 am »
Peak,  I like TED talks, not sure if you ever watched them before but there is lots of interesting talks.

Actually this one is a good talk and relevant for all of us as we make decisions about what we eat and or take as supplements.

The speaker might raise your T levels also.

http://www.ted.com/talks/molly_crockett_beware_neuro_bunk.html

Peak, you should do a TED talk
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 02:32:45 am by Samson1971 »

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 02:28:13 am »

JackAndy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 03:38:24 am »
Interesting. I was kind of disappointed by his conclusion though. We don't hug in the country where I live, but I know Americans and Australians love to hug and touch. Every once in a while I get around a group of them and they swat me on the back or try to hug me and it freaks me out! That's certainly not a release of oxytocin.
5'11" 190 lbs
150mg Test-E/week

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 04:23:32 am »
Well, here is his underlying assumptions (that he's not really stating):

1.  Earth is a nasty, toxic place.
2.  Most of it is caused by males, esp. younger high-testosterone males.
3.  Virtually all torture, wars and violence is caused by middle-aged and younger males.

And here is the big assumption:

4.  How can we re-engineer humans to eliminate #1-#3?

This may seem silly, but trust me it will be a huge issue in the next 100-200 years.  We'll have to decide if we are going to re-engineer our kids and/or re-engineer societies.  Oy vay!

I don't like his solution and wish there was a better way.  I can't really argue against #1 - #3, but I don't want to be turned into Barney or Fozzy Bear to try to solve the world's problems.

And that leads to some really big questions: 

Isn't there a high testosterone way to undo #1-#3? 
Are there spiritual solutions that can help?

Well, I'm not going to go there.

NOTE:  He says that the higher the testosterone, the lower the oxytocin.  But he says that using social media can increase oxytocin, so perhaps there are solutions to have high T and decent oxytocin?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 04:37:37 am by PeakT »
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 04:23:32 am »

JackAndy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 04:33:22 am »
If he could rule the world, that might just happen. I don't think the powers that be would willingly give it up though.
5'11" 190 lbs
150mg Test-E/week

Sam

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2013, 12:43:13 pm »
If you listen to the second link its a woman who calls him out by name, well actually refers to him as "dr love" and refutes much of what he says as neuro-quackery.   

Peak,  this actually ties somewhat to your previous thread/comments around the jungle society with low T.  The fact is in our society we need soldiers and men who are strong and full of Testosterone for a variety of reasons.   If you take the moral compass out of our society which is something progressives have been doing for some time you end up with a society that needs to be controlled by force and/or chemical castration.   I think as you point out and these two talks provide opposing views to a chicken or egg paradox where testosterone "or being too male"  is a scapegoat for all of societies problems.   Meanwhile women's hormonal health continues to be well accepted in main stream medicine.

This kind of narrow thinking will only continue to cause main stream docs to provide insufficient care and more importantly thorough diagnosis to men suffering from low T and its complications.

Jack,  you know I'll give a buddy a hug but its more of a handshake pat on the back, but that's really more if I haven't seen someone in a awhile.  Technique is very important I think ;)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 12:48:47 pm by Samson1971 »

JackAndy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2013, 03:55:38 pm »
http://www.atheistnexus.org/forum/topics/if-women-were-the-only-homo?xg_source=activity

TLDR: Women in a tribal village kill all the baby boys so that there won't be any fighting. Then they let more men in anyway.
5'11" 190 lbs
150mg Test-E/week

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2013, 11:30:36 pm »
If you listen to the second link its a woman who calls him out by name, well actually refers to him as "dr love" and refutes much of what he says as neuro-quackery.   

Peak,  this actually ties somewhat to your previous thread/comments around the jungle society with low T.  The fact is in our society we need soldiers and men who are strong and full of Testosterone for a variety of reasons.   If you take the moral compass out of our society which is something progressives have been doing for some time you end up with a society that needs to be controlled by force and/or chemical castration.   I think as you point out and these two talks provide opposing views to a chicken or egg paradox where testosterone "or being too male"  is a scapegoat for all of societies problems.   Meanwhile women's hormonal health continues to be well accepted in main stream medicine.

This kind of narrow thinking will only continue to cause main stream docs to provide insufficient care and more importantly thorough diagnosis to men suffering from low T and its complications.

Jack,  you know I'll give a buddy a hug but its more of a handshake pat on the back, but that's really more if I haven't seen someone in a awhile.  Technique is very important I think ;)

Well, let me be clear:  I do NOT think it's a good idea to eliminate testosterone just to boost testosterone.  And I am definitely not anti-defense, etc.  But I was just pointing out that planet earth is often a nasty place and there is going to be a lot of thought as to how to fix it and men cannot possibly blame women for the really nasty stuff down here.  I mean seriously, what man is going to say, "Hey, my mom was not nurturing, so I decided to attack and plunder Troy"?

https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Sam

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2013, 12:02:09 am »
Peak,  I didn't take your comments that way and hope you aren't reading anything into my comments.   I thought this was just an interesting subject for discussion.

...And I am sure there aren't any instances in history where women used men to fight for their causes.  It's less about gender and more about resources and winning efficiency.  Men are just better at hand to hand combat.  It will be interesting to see how the future will change when everything is drone strikes, i.e. Terminators. 
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 02:37:56 am by Samson1971 »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2013, 04:06:51 am »
Peak,  I didn't take your comments that way and hope you aren't reading anything into my comments.   I thought this was just an interesting subject for discussion.

...And I am sure there aren't any instances in history where women used men to fight for their causes.  It's less about gender and more about resources and winning efficiency.  Men are just better at hand to hand combat.  It will be interesting to see how the future will change when everything is drone strikes, i.e. Terminators.

No worries.  Didn't take it that way either.  Just talking...

And women fight in their own way - I agree!  But usually you don't lose a body part from it at least...

Sam

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2013, 04:13:31 am »
Don't say that to John Wayne Bobbit

Sam

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2013, 04:36:41 am »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2013, 04:45:45 am »
Don't say that to John Wayne Bobbit

Lol.  Okay, you're chipping away at my theory, eh?

JackAndy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2013, 11:46:40 am »
It will be interesting to see how the future will change when everything is drone strikes, i.e. Terminators.

That's won't change a thing. When the powers that be want something done they will get it done. It doesn't matter if it costs the lives of 250,000 men or 6,000 men.
5'11" 190 lbs
150mg Test-E/week

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2013, 11:46:40 am »