Quantcast

Author Topic: Anyone Try Glutathione (not just NAC)?  (Read 24906 times)

Kierkegaard

• Hormone Shrink
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone Try Glutathione (not just NAC)?
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2016, 10:12:01 pm »
I have been using Liposomal Glutathione for over a year...nearly everyday.  I started using it after a Micronutrient test showing that I basically had ZERO.  After about a year, I did another Micronutrient test and my Glutathione levels were nice and high.  I didn't take Glutathione for 2 days before the test, but still had good levels.  I've continued to take it as my stress levels are ridiculous all the time....basically fight or flight 24/7.  I'll stop taking it once the stress levels go down, which I hope will be within 3-4 years.  I've also had Adrenal fatigue (extremely LOW cortisol), hypothyroidism, etc...the list goes on an on.  I take too many supplements and meds but I just figure I'll take them until life gets manageable.  I'm convinced that stress causes most, if not all, of my health issues.

What lab did you use to pull this?

And what brand did you use for the liposomal glutathione?  Sounds interesting...

I used Spectracell Micronutrient Testing both times.  I recommend this test at least once per year to see how one is doing nutrient-wise. 

I have been using Empirical Labs Liposomal Glutathione.  It's what I used before the test so it works and its the least expensive option I have found ($45 per 4oz bottle including shipping).

I also used Spectracell testing, and was borderline low for glutathione.  When you say it "works", what symptoms did you notice?
"The same thing that makes you live can kill you in the end." -- Neil Young

March 2014: Dx low T (158ng/dl)
September 2015: Dx hypothyroidism, other adrenal hypofunction
2016: chronic fatigue, unspecified

Depression and anxiety guide: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Help_Anxiety_Depression

tre

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2016, 03:39:27 pm »
I have been using Liposomal Glutathione for over a year...nearly everyday.  I started using it after a Micronutrient test showing that I basically had ZERO.  After about a year, I did another Micronutrient test and my Glutathione levels were nice and high.  I didn't take Glutathione for 2 days before the test, but still had good levels.  I've continued to take it as my stress levels are ridiculous all the time....basically fight or flight 24/7.  I'll stop taking it once the stress levels go down, which I hope will be within 3-4 years.  I've also had Adrenal fatigue (extremely LOW cortisol), hypothyroidism, etc...the list goes on an on.  I take too many supplements and meds but I just figure I'll take them until life gets manageable.  I'm convinced that stress causes most, if not all, of my health issues.

And what brand did you use for the liposomal glutathione?  Sounds interesting...

I used Spectracell Micronutrient Testing both times.  I recommend this test at least once per year to see how one is doing nutrient-wise. 

I have been using Empirical Labs Liposomal Glutathione.  It's what I used before the test so it works and its the least expensive option I have found ($45 per 4oz bottle including shipping).

I also used Spectracell testing, and was borderline low for glutathione.  When you say it "works", what symptoms did you notice?

By "works", I meant that is caused a dramatic rise in my blood Glutathione levels.  It's just one of MANY things that I take in order to function and get through each day.  I "may" have noticed a little extra energy during the day but it's hard to narrow it down to one supplement.  I'm not really a believer in one or two (or even ten or twenty) supplements that are going to "fix" your health.  I just believe that supplementing can help to limit damage done during times of excessive stress.  Extended excessive stress destroys gut health, destroys hormone levels, etc that leaves you open to serious illness/disease.  One can't just snap their fingers and change their life, but they can supplement to limit damage until changes can be made over time.  I don't believe in the shotgun approach either though, but taking supplements that are proven, through blood/saliva/stool testing, to be deficient. 

I'm just glad we live in an age where hormone replacement is common.  Hormone issues are far easier to address than gut issues simply due to the access of the hormones and blood testing.  I hope that one day, science will figure out how to address gut issues more efficiently/effectively.  At least this will provide an effective "bandage" to slap on to hold things together until more permanent fixes to life can happen. 
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 03:41:01 pm by tre »

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2016, 03:39:27 pm »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2016, 05:02:28 pm »

By "works", I meant that is caused a dramatic rise in my blood Glutathione levels.  It's just one of MANY things that I take in order to function and get through each day.  I "may" have noticed a little extra energy during the day but it's hard to narrow it down to one supplement.  I'm not really a believer in one or two (or even ten or twenty) supplements that are going to "fix" your health.  I just believe that supplementing can help to limit damage done during times of excessive stress.  Extended excessive stress destroys gut health, destroys hormone levels, etc that leaves you open to serious illness/disease.  One can't just snap their fingers and change their life, but they can supplement to limit damage until changes can be made over time.  I don't believe in the shotgun approach either though, but taking supplements that are proven, through blood/saliva/stool testing, to be deficient. 

I'm just glad we live in an age where hormone replacement is common.  Hormone issues are far easier to address than gut issues simply due to the access of the hormones and blood testing.  I hope that one day, science will figure out how to address gut issues more efficiently/effectively.  At least this will provide an effective "bandage" to slap on to hold things together until more permanent fixes to life can happen.

Noted tre.  Hey, was it you that was MTHFR also?  You had some other issue besides gut, right?
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

tre

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2016, 03:33:04 am »

Noted tre.  Hey, was it you that was MTHFR also?  You had some other issue besides gut, right?

Yes, I have MTHFR.  I also have high blood pressure (and some mild heart damage from it), hypothyroidism, low cortisol, etc, etc., etc...most of which should be expected IMO given the chronic stress.  I'm still here, alive and kicking.  I've managed to improve my physique and halt the rapid aging that I was experiencing so that is the best I can expect given my overall situation.  I "had" a great Preventative Medicine doctor for a couple of years who helped me a lot and I'm certainly missing him now.  My current Doc is pro-HRT, but he's the Traditional "if it's not a serious issue, it's irrelevant" type. 

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2016, 03:33:04 am »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2016, 06:30:35 pm »

Great tip tre!  I know liposomal Vitamin C works great at boosting glutathione levels.  Of course, you don't want to go supraphysiological imo...
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2017, 01:29:00 pm »
K:  Did you try the liposomal glutathione out of curiosity?  If so, what did you think?

Kierkegaard

• Hormone Shrink
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2017, 09:55:52 am »
K:  Did you try the liposomal glutathione out of curiosity?  If so, what did you think?

Funny you mention it!  I had been dragging my feet on trying it (partly because the good brands I was finding also contained phosphatidylcholine, which I thought could be a confound), and just yesterday I got my treatment plan from Dr M which included liposomal glutathione from a company I had never heard of but has good reviews and he recs it.

https://www.amazon.com/BoardRoom-Organics-Ultimate-Liposomal-Glutathione/dp/B072F1JHBG/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1503395741&sr=8-1&keywords=liposomal+glutathione+board

Depression and anxiety guide: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Help_Anxiety_Depression

JustAskin

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2017, 11:47:57 am »
My wife and I take LivOn Labs: liposomal glutathione and liposomal Vitamin-C.
My wife was always tired feeling even in the am.  Now she does not take a afternoon nap. 
A week after she started taking both, she is much more energetic and will not miss a day of taking.
Her skin even looks better besides Not being tired.

JustAskin

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2017, 12:27:38 pm »
One thing I forgot to mention,
I had to stop taking Calcium-d-Glucarate (was taking to control E2) taking both Glutathione and C-D-G, dropped my E2 a lot.
So I now only control E2 with Lipo-Glutathione.

Kierkegaard

• Hormone Shrink
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2017, 12:32:36 pm »
One thing I forgot to mention,
I had to stop taking Calcium-d-Glucarate (was taking to control E2) taking both Glutathione and C-D-G, dropped my E2 a lot.
So I now only control E2 with Lipo-Glutathione.

Any rough idea how much of a drop we're talking with CGG, glutathione + CDG, and just glutathione?

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2017, 12:52:41 pm »

Funny you mention it!  I had been dragging my feet on trying it (partly because the good brands I was finding also contained phosphatidylcholine, which I thought could be a confound), and just yesterday I got my treatment plan from Dr M which included liposomal glutathione from a company I had never heard of but has good reviews and he recs it.

https://www.amazon.com/BoardRoom-Organics-Ultimate-Liposomal-Glutathione/dp/B072F1JHBG/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1503395741&sr=8-1&keywords=liposomal+glutathione+board

We have had a couple of good reports from it and I know one included PC.

Kierkegaard

• Hormone Shrink
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2017, 01:04:13 pm »

I wonder if the inclusion of phoshatidylcholine has something to do with the phospholipids found in many liposomal glutathione supplements. 

I just want to keep variables as non-counfoundy as possible. 

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2017, 03:35:25 pm »

I wonder if the inclusion of phoshatidylcholine has something to do with the phospholipids found in many liposomal glutathione supplements. 

Sure, but I know the brand that actually did lab work to prove it raised glutathione has PC in it.  Jarrows has a Reduced Glutathione that I've been taking just because it was cheaper.  I don't know how well it works - actually wanted to test but don't if I'll do it.  Jarrow's has a good reputation but they say it has to be liposomal to really work.  I mention it cuzz the Jarrow's does not have PC.

JustAskin

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2017, 12:05:13 pm »
Tested E2 (Estradiol Sensitive-LabCorp)  dropped from 28.7 to 9 after taking Lipo-Glutathione with Calcium-D-Glucarate. (was taking C-D-G, 500mg. daily)
Stopped taking Calcium-D-Glucarate, and Lipo-Glutathione EOD, E2 is back to 17, still low but climbing slowly. When I  get back to mid 20's I will start taking Lipo-Glutathione daily.

Osprey

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2017, 03:54:18 pm »

If the phospholipid used to make the liposomal preparation is lecithin (I've seen soy and sunflower lecithin used), then the PC comes along for the ride.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2017, 03:54:18 pm »