Quantcast

Author Topic: Testosterone--wow what a stress reducer  (Read 3129 times)

electrify

• View Profile
Testosterone--wow what a stress reducer
« on: October 30, 2016, 08:23:14 pm »
I think I am finally feeling the effects of T again after 2 weeks. I hope it lasts but my libido is high and I feel prepared to tackle the huge workload. This is good timing as I was having a total breakdown a week ago.

I think environmental factors can HUGELY aggravate the symptoms of low Testosterone. Ie taking a vacation in Hawaii vs being pushed to your breaking point at work or school. 

If this persists and continues to improve week after week hopefully I can make a recovery. The issue is what happens after the 1 month point and whether I will see a decline in adrenal hormones.

And then hopefully I can transition to "normal".

I think my situation is a bit different though as I had a rapid hormonal crash after some acute physical stressors (too much partying)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 08:25:42 pm by electrify »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Re: Testosterone--wow what a stress reducer
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2016, 10:39:10 pm »
I think I am finally feeling the effects of T again after 2 weeks. I hope it lasts but my libido is high and I feel prepared to tackle the huge workload. This is good timing as I was having a total breakdown a week ago.

I think environmental factors can HUGELY aggravate the symptoms of low Testosterone. Ie taking a vacation in Hawaii vs being pushed to your breaking point at work or school. 

If this persists and continues to improve week after week hopefully I can make a recovery. The issue is what happens after the 1 month point and whether I will see a decline in adrenal hormones.

I think my situation is a bit different though as I had a rapid hormonal crash after some acute physical stressors (too much partying)

You mean your testosterone went down or up in your opinion?  Not sure what you meant there...
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2016, 10:39:10 pm »

electrify

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2016, 01:13:40 am »

You mean your testosterone went down or up in your opinion?  Not sure what you meant there...

No I was just referring to the big anti-stress effect of TRT and how it started to kick in. So of course it went up.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2016, 01:21:08 am »

No I was just referring to the big anti-stress effect of TRT and how it started to kick in. So of course it went up.

Got it.  Well, it was huge for me as I think you know.

That and dhea GREATLY lowered social anxiety for me.  I was out somewhere the other night and actually wanted to dance! Trust me that would have never crossed my mind 10 years ago.

Anyway your workload may be "easier" in some sense.  Also, there is good evidence that testosterone in low T guys is a decent nootropic...
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2016, 01:21:08 am »

retado

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2016, 03:20:44 am »
The issue is what happens after the 1 month point and whether I will see a decline in adrenal hormones.

so what adrenal horomes are you talking about and how do you know their levels?

Kierkegaard

• Hormone Shrink
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2016, 04:54:47 am »
e, how long has it been since you've been on testosterone alone?
"The same thing that makes you live can kill you in the end." -- Neil Young

March 2014: Dx low T (158ng/dl)
September 2015: Dx hypothyroidism, other adrenal hypofunction
2016: chronic fatigue, unspecified

Depression and anxiety guide: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Help_Anxiety_Depression

electrify

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2016, 05:47:14 am »
The issue is what happens after the 1 month point and whether I will see a decline in adrenal hormones.

so what adrenal horomes are you talking about and how do you know their levels?

Just cortisol/pregnenolone/ DHEA-S etc from blood test and cortisol from saliva. In the past, TRT affected this for me. Doesn't happen to everyone though. Or rather its not significant for a lot of people but I am one of those who gets hit hard by any hormone going whack cause im anxiety prone.

e, how long has it been since you've been on testosterone alone?

I'm not doing TRT alone. I'm doing it with HCG but using the *minimum* amount of HCG I can tolerate (100 IU daily) and also Pregnenolone Cream 15 mg. So far its been a little over 2 weeks. A week back I was still freaking out a lot about school and panicking over worst case scenario (you know how these things spiral out of control) but now I notice that I'm less stressed and ready to face this stuff. And less concerned about failing. I'm still anxious but less than 1 week ago and have more control over my thoughts.

I just *need* the improvement to stick and continue. If it does then this is pretty good timing considering I have a ton of school work to get done. My libido is also high but can't make use of it right now.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 05:48:46 am by electrify »

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2016, 05:47:14 am »