Quantcast

Author Topic: diet/gym time of guys who know what's going on  (Read 6137 times)

retado

• View Profile
diet/gym time of guys who know what's going on
« on: October 31, 2016, 04:11:35 pm »
I found it very useful to write out what the heck I eat
calories/marcos/food
and when I am tired/etc, I just need to look at a list to see what I should be eating(and not the fridge/cubboard)
today being  halloween, I know if I can indulge in some  bad food
yes, since what you eat is 99% of the battle for health, this makes sense
so what does peak(since he knows everything!) eat
and do at the gym
and what is his bodyfat?

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Re: diet/gym time of guys who know what's going on
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2016, 12:32:49 am »
Well, I don't know what's going on, but I'll post anyway:

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/forum/index.php?topic=11299.0
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2016, 12:32:49 am »

retado

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 10:28:12 am »

superb artcile about your diet
what about what you do in the gym?
"exercise twice per day in two half hour blocks"

so you go to the gym 2x a day?  that's a lot of time, or do you exercise 2x per day
I have a guy at work, during lunch, I'll lift weights, he'll do kicks...yeah, 300lb guy doing kicks to "strectch", it's very funny to watch

what's your bodyfat level?

cujet

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2016, 06:42:52 pm »

The guy on the right is very likely using Clenbuterol for fat reduction.
58 years old
Autoimmune Hashimoto's, near zero natural T production
Cause: severe mononucleosis in my early 30's
Weight 235 and climbing despite eating far less
Height 5' 10"
180mg NPthyroid (natural desiccated pigs thyroid)
Labs (Oct 2017) , my T=730, TSH 0.03, T3+T4 mid-range normal.
Prednisone 10mg/day (no ACTH, dangerously low cortisol)

10% compounded creme. T=725, which feels just right.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2016, 06:42:52 pm »

retado

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2016, 07:43:40 pm »

The guy on the right is very likely using Clenbuterol for fat reduction.

LOLZ nope

maybe dnp, but clen or ec stack? nah

none of those things ancillaries are powerful enough to tighten loose skin, ftw

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2016, 08:43:31 pm »

superb artcile about your diet
what about what you do in the gym?
"exercise twice per day in two half hour blocks"

so you go to the gym 2x a day?  that's a lot of time, or do you exercise 2x per day
I have a guy at work, during lunch, I'll lift weights, he'll do kicks...yeah, 300lb guy doing kicks to "strectch", it's very funny to watch

what's your bodyfat level?

Been going twice a day to gym to get my bodyfat down.  I just had my lowest read ever on my Tanita:  7.3%.  Now, you have to add 4-5% because I have it on athletic mode.  I will get a pedometer again but not a fit bit - too expensive if you lose it.
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

lowtguy2015

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2016, 10:11:16 pm »
It seems the most effective way to lose fat is to be in a slight caloric deficit while still continuing to lift (maintain muscle). Do this over a long period. Carido helps, but that that is a relatively minor effect. And too much cardio can cannibalize muscle (net negative). You should aim to lose about 1lb/week via a combination of caloric deficit and cardio (the split doesn't really matter too much but caloric deficit is the big one). I bulked up too much during my strength gain phase and had to cut. I lost 20 lbs over 20 weeks and maintained muscle. I felt a bit hungry at times, but not too much. Cardio 2X/week. In my case, I don't track calories since I can go by feel and just watch the scale (running average). As long as I was losing about 1lb/week, I just kept doing it that and it was pretty much linear. Very simple and worked just as planned (dropped the 20lbs and kept muscle/strength for the most part). Aesthetics are much better and definitely feel better. I was too focused on strength before and that really isn't what I am after.

tre

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2016, 03:47:44 am »
These memes are just getting out of hand. This one looks to have been made by a teenage boy. If the guy on the left lost that much fat, he'd have some serious skin flaps. His skin would be permanently ruined and he could NEVER look like the guy on the right.  Even if a guy does EVERYTHING right his entire life it doesn't mean he'll look as muscular as the guy on the right.   Also, Clen, DNP, etc....all irrelevant to improving loose skin or health in any way.  NO ONE should ever let themselves go to the point of the guy on the left, but it's commonplace in the USA.  I will never understand it as I felt like I was completely wasting my life at a bodyfat around 20%...certainly no higher than that.

The best a guy can do is to be consistent in diet/workout routine and constantly learn and grow in regard to personal fitness and health. It's a lifestyle...not short-term goal. One must find out what works for themselves as there is not a one-fits-all approach.  If you happen to have excellent genetics, you can look like the guy on the right. If not, you can still be the best that YOU can be....which is all anyone should focus on IMO....

I personally workout for approx. 60 minutes per day at the gym, 4 times per week.  I do a Yoga-type routine in the morning about 4 times per week...mostly to eliminate pain. I don't know my exact bodyfat, but my abs are visible without flexing.  I don't weigh my food, I just focus on getting enough protein (meat as I can't digest protein powders at all) and other nutrients everyday through diet and supplementation.  Carbs are kept low and are consumed before the workouts.  Fats are mostly EFAs....a good amount of them. Overall, my physique is excellent for a guy my age...nearly as good as my peak (approx. 9 years ago at age 30). I'm as lean as the guy on the right, but not as muscular (genetics aren't there for that much mass).  DNP, Clen or ANY stimulant is not at all needed to get that lean.  As long as your hormones are near optimal, it's not that hard if lifestyle is on point.  I would argue, however, that it's near impossible to get that lean and maintain the muscle mass without having the hormone levels to back it up. This is why you will never see guys past 40 that look anything like the guy on the right UNLESS they are on TRT.  TRT allows the old guys to have the physiques of much younger guys.....
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 04:12:51 am by tre »

retado

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2016, 05:58:33 am »

Been going twice a day to gym to get my bodyfat down.  I just had my lowest read ever on my Tanita:  7.3%.  Now, you have to add 4-5% because I have it on athletic mode.  I will get a pedometer again but not a fit bit - too expensive if you lose it.
most  guys go once a day to decrease bodyfat, to be honest

as long as you keep hydration the same Tanitia/BIA MIGHT be accurate

try a bodpod

Bioelectrical impedance Analysis (BIA)

BIA is another popular method for measuring body composition; much of this has to do with it being fairly easy to measure.  Unlike calipers, it doesnít require training and since itís high-tech (looking anyhow), people tend to put a lot of stock in the results.

Gyms will often use BIA methods, they can be found at all kinds of health fairs and, as I mentioned on Wednesday, there are now scales (such as the Tanita) that use BIA to give body fat estimates.  BIA is used in some research studies as well.  Basically, BIA is quick and easy.

But is it accurate?

Yes and no.  If strict hydration protocols are adhered to, BIA is actually reasonably accurate.  The problem I see is that, in the real world, these protocols arenít followed and this will throw off the measurements completely.  To understand why, I should probably actually explain how BIA is done and what itís measuring.

A typical BIA machine will have an operator attach one electrode to the back of your hand and one to your foot, there are also hand-held models where you just hold onto two handles, the scales obviously run through your feet.  Usually some data is entered such as age, height and weight (some will let you choose from athlete or non-athlete and give different results depending on which you pick) and then the machine runs a current from one electrode to the other (no, it doesnít hurt).

BIA works by estimating total body water.   Now, water is conductive, that is electricity can move through it (if there are minerals present) and different tissues such as bone, muscle and fat all contain different amounts of water.  So by measuring how fast the current moves from one electrode to the other, BIA machines can estimate how much water is present in the body and use that to determine how much fat, muscle, etc. you have. Or at least thatís what it is trying to do.

And that brings in the problem I mentioned above: hydration state can throw off BIA tremendously.  Both dehydration (as might occur when carbohydrates are lowered) or hyper-hydration can throw off BIA completely.  Even a large urination or a big glass of water can throw off a BIA measurement by a few percentage points.

So unless youíre following those strict hydration protocols, BIA can be terribly misleading.  If youíre slightly differently hydrated from the last measurement you took, what looks like an actual change in body fat percentage may actually just be a difference in water balance.

Now, in BIAís defense, assuming someone kept their hydration state constant (i.e. measuring themselves every Monday after urinating but before breakfast), BIA may give at least comparative measurements.  Just make sure you always measure under consistent conditions.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/measuring-body-composition-part-2.html/

retado

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2016, 06:00:09 am »
These memes are just getting out of hand. This one looks to have been made by a teenage boy. If the guy on the left lost that much fat, he'd have some serious skin flaps. His skin would be permanently ruined and he could NEVER look like the guy on the right.

Me thinks you are really  missing the point of the meme.
you realize it was soley made to be funny, right?

TForMe

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2016, 06:43:18 pm »
These memes are just getting out of hand. This one looks to have been made by a teenage boy. If the guy on the left lost that much fat, he'd have some serious skin flaps. His skin would be permanently ruined and he could NEVER look like the guy on the right.  Even if a guy does EVERYTHING right his entire life it doesn't mean he'll look as muscular as the guy on the right.   Also, Clen, DNP, etc....all irrelevant to improving loose skin or health in any way.  NO ONE should ever let themselves go to the point of the guy on the left, but it's commonplace in the USA.  I will never understand it as I felt like I was completely wasting my life at a bodyfat around 20%...certainly no higher than that.

The best a guy can do is to be consistent in diet/workout routine and constantly learn and grow in regard to personal fitness and health. It's a lifestyle...not short-term goal. One must find out what works for themselves as there is not a one-fits-all approach.  If you happen to have excellent genetics, you can look like the guy on the right. If not, you can still be the best that YOU can be....which is all anyone should focus on IMO....

I personally workout for approx. 60 minutes per day at the gym, 4 times per week.  I do a Yoga-type routine in the morning about 4 times per week...mostly to eliminate pain. I don't know my exact bodyfat, but my abs are visible without flexing.  I don't weigh my food, I just focus on getting enough protein (meat as I can't digest protein powders at all) and other nutrients everyday through diet and supplementation.  Carbs are kept low and are consumed before the workouts.  Fats are mostly EFAs....a good amount of them. Overall, my physique is excellent for a guy my age...nearly as good as my peak (approx. 9 years ago at age 30). I'm as lean as the guy on the right, but not as muscular (genetics aren't there for that much mass).  DNP, Clen or ANY stimulant is not at all needed to get that lean.  As long as your hormones are near optimal, it's not that hard if lifestyle is on point.  I would argue, however, that it's near impossible to get that lean and maintain the muscle mass without having the hormone levels to back it up. This is why you will never see guys past 40 that look anything like the guy on the right UNLESS they are on TRT.  TRT allows the old guys to have the physiques of much younger guys.....

If you are natural, the best you are going to do is probably Steve Reeves - he's probably the ideal - the guys in that era.  And, of course, those guys were genetically gifted as far as physique - non-ectomorphs, etc.  If you get your bodyfat down to even 15% with some muscle once you hit 40, you're ahead of 95% of your peers right there.  The bar has been set pretty low by the solid majority of the 40+ crowd.

tre

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2016, 12:01:26 am »
These memes are just getting out of hand. This one looks to have been made by a teenage boy. If the guy on the left lost that much fat, he'd have some serious skin flaps. His skin would be permanently ruined and he could NEVER look like the guy on the right.

Me thinks you are really  missing the point of the meme.
you realize it was soley made to be funny, right?

I suppose so as I didn't find the humor in it at all...oh well. 

tre

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2016, 12:15:02 am »

If you are natural, the best you are going to do is probably Steve Reeves - he's probably the ideal - the guys in that era.  And, of course, those guys were genetically gifted as far as physique - non-ectomorphs, etc.  If you get your bodyfat down to even 15% with some muscle once you hit 40, you're ahead of 95% of your peers right there.  The bar has been set pretty low by the solid majority of the 40+ crowd.

Steve Reeves best body was while he was very young....well under 40.  Also, as you said, he was not ectomorphic.  At my age, I focus mostly on what I can do as a guy fast approaching 40.  I am also ectomorphic so my gains have been slow, regardless of the time and effort.  The good news is that ever since finding out that I had low testosterone (late 20's at 181ng/dl), I've been able to speed up the gains as well as experience a period of life that I'd NEVER have been able to without optimizing those testosterone levels.  I've been able to have experiences that I can reflect back on and smile, even when life seems pretty bleak at times.  I don't agree that optimizing testosterone levels is "cheating" at life as many people still do.  There are clearly SEVERAL advantages and I think it should be available to everyone who has to the motivation/drive to do everything else that it necessary.  Steve Reeves was against supplementing Testosterone as he liked his natural advantages.  I like that everyday people now have a way to bypass those advantages and compete with those who are more naturally fortunate than themselves....

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2016, 03:14:21 am »

Steve Reeves best body was while he was very young....well under 40.  Also, as you said, he was not ectomorphic.  At my age, I focus mostly on what I can do as a guy fast approaching 40.  I am also ectomorphic so my gains have been slow, regardless of the time and effort.  The good news is that ever since finding out that I had low testosterone (late 20's at 181ng/dl), I've been able to speed up the gains as well as experience a period of life that I'd NEVER have been able to without optimizing those testosterone levels.  I've been able to have experiences that I can reflect back on and smile, even when life seems pretty bleak at times.  I don't agree that optimizing testosterone levels is "cheating" at life as many people still do.  There are clearly SEVERAL advantages and I think it should be available to everyone who has to the motivation/drive to do everything else that it necessary.  Steve Reeves was against supplementing Testosterone as he liked his natural advantages.  I like that everyday people now have a way to bypass those advantages and compete with those who are more naturally fortunate than themselves....

Well, competing is way out of my league.  I just like the fact that my bod at least looks way younger than my age.  It's one of those little victories a guy in his 50's can still enjoy. 
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 08:05:49 pm by PeakT »

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2016, 03:14:21 am »