Quantcast

Author Topic: Steroids and TRT  (Read 8940 times)

Harleyster

• View Profile
Steroids and TRT
« on: April 21, 2012, 01:27:05 pm »
Can one's testosterone levels ever FULLY recover after using steroids or being on testosterone replacement therapy?  :o

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Re: Steroids and TRT
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 02:32:10 pm »
Can one's testosterone levels ever FULLY recover after using steroids or being on testosterone replacement therapy?  :o

With steroids you can usually get your testosterone production back, but I've heard reports of some men losing it completely.

HRT (testosterone therapy) is a whole different animal, because, if you have primary hypogonadism, you are low in T production in the first place so there is nothing to really recover by definition.  Most docs aren't going to give you testosterone unless you are below about 350 ng/dl and that is very low.

THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 02:32:10 pm »

Anon123

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 02:47:29 pm »
Would a private doctor prescribe it for you?

It seems a bit crap that if your T is low but not as low as that that you will be left to yourself.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 12:24:03 pm by Cataceous »

FightLowT

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 05:18:04 pm »
Would a private doctor prescribe it for you?

It seems a bit crap that if your T is low but not as low as that that you will be left to yourself.

Well you would be right in thinking that it is crap for the "normal,upstanding, wonderful, family, endo, uro" doctors to not prescribe it when it's trully needed. Yes many private doctors will prescribe it to you if you are slightly above the starting range and I will touch on some of the reasons they will. First though please allow me to ellaborate on my experience. When I first realized I was having a problem was back around November 2010 when I was 30. It really had only manifested itself into increased depression at that point but then around March 2011 when I started to experience a sudden drop in libido and energy levels I knew something was definately going on. Thats when I went to the doctor for the first time in years for anything and had a morning sample taken. It came back to 294 ng/dl. Doctors would not help me because their stupid range was 240-880 ng/dl. "You are normal" the unknowledgeable qwaks would say. I had two more blood tests taken and they came to 305 and 363 ng/dl. That was a year ago. The medical community is finally starting to pay more attention to this epidemic in men and honestly the studies done by endocrine societies and other affiliations who remain scientific ( unlike many stubborn, arrogant doctors) point out the symptoms become present in the low 400's and most definately in the 300's. The research displays too much evidence that combines common blood levels and common symptoms being described by men. This is getting difficult for more and more doctors to ignore or push off. BTW Lee has done a fantastic job with his book showing many of these studies and also allowing this website to informally and effectively educate people more to the fact of this. It's because of guys like him and all of us who want to speak out and address this issue that many mens' qaulity of life and hopefully our own will improve as a result. Hopefully a cure will be found or more concrete evidence will be found as to the reasons why more men (more especially young men 20-30 years of age) are losing their testosterone compared to other men who are not.

Recently I noticed that more labs and what is considered normal to be raised in those labs to a starting refernce of 300-350 ng/dl. I think that 350 should be the starting point, however I still think that a man can be slightly above this and should be seriously considered for treatment. Remember if a man has a level of 375 in the morning thats all the T he has to run off of for the entire day and his levels will have substantially fallen towards the end of the day. I have had mine tested at 6pm before in a hospital and they came to 199 ng/dl ( thats just plain ugly). Let's say it dropped toward the maximum fluctuation at 35 % less than what they peaked at in the morning. What do you know, with that calculation it comes to about 305 ng/dl in the morning around where mine have been . Yes the reference starting point is importatnt but doctors need to consider the other factors as well such as the fluctuation and drop-off from the starting point, which I have experienced first hand can place a man in the danger zone and to levels that are undisputibly hypogonadal. Provided that there are no complicated medical problems that TRT would further harm, there is absolutely no time of the day or any reason for a doctor to justify allowing a man to fall into this range..PERIOD!!!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 12:24:17 pm by Cataceous »

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 05:18:04 pm »

Anon123

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 07:14:26 pm »
Good post.

My fear is this: I am not a well-off individual. I live in the UK. The NHS is what I have to work with. Now, I don't believe I need T therapy at this present moment in time, aged 30, however, I may need it in the future, but will I get it? Or will it be hard luck? Will I be able to afford private care if the NHS were to refuse me? Could I afford to pay for T therapy for the rest of my life? That is my fear.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 12:24:30 pm by Cataceous »

spiderman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2012, 09:02:11 pm »
Another great post FightlowT..

My thoughts entirely...someone has got to get some answers...No one realises how bad it is..the depression is horrific and of course your T and libido just drop further and further along with it...I felt as bad as you buddy but have got back to feeling normalish again..dont know my T levels now ..but they were 350 at my lowest low a couple of years ago...beating the depression to start with is virtually impossible but I was determined to not take any anti depressants cause I knew about the negative libido effects..

As somone mentioned before, modern society, with its stress and sugar laden, junk food culture has probably got a lot to do with low T levels in younger guys nowadays..Remember a young guy on TV kept a fast food diet for 30 days as an experiment..and was monitored by docs...everything in his body went crazy and even his wife was complainin that he wasn't quite as good as usual in the bedroom!...dropping T levels?..very probably!
Caused a bit of a stir when it was aired and made the certain FF chain sit up and take notice...Now ok no one gonna do that but just shows how in a little time how much damage can be done....Of course everyone nowadays is a gym goer but just look at how many overweight kids are about and you realise that a load of parents go for the quick option to keep their kids happy..and thats the next generation of low T , diabetic candidates for you...

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2012, 11:33:08 pm »
ok no one gonna do that
Oh, young guys just out on their own or in college do this kind of stuff all the time.  I been there. I seriously do not know how I lived through college - I defied all nutritional laws by somehow surviving...
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Anon123

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2012, 11:50:00 pm »
I practically survived on cornish pasties in my first year of university. A pastie a day was my policy. I had an epiphany when, one winter's day, I gazed down at a pork pie I was eating cold, and saw the clear gunk at the bottom of the pack. The pie was quickly thrown into the woods.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 12:24:42 pm by Cataceous »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2012, 01:48:19 pm »
That's funny.  There's a restaurant that sells cornish pasties here - I'm in the desert SW of the U.S. - and is busy day and night.  Never ordered one and you just talked me out of it...

spiderman

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2012, 10:13:53 pm »
Ha ha...yeah ok guys ..we all did it!...I used to live on hamburgers and pizza for years when first away from my folks...healthy diet...no chance...never seemed to matter what you ate or drank though...but we all must have had reasonably high T levels back then.. like everyone else nothing stopped me chasing skirt and partying..but now we all know 20 years down the line what it eventually can do to you!!...

Seriously though..what we are talking about is dudes in  their 20's with very low levels to start they simply can't get away with doing that for the sake of their health/relationships and the rest..we are both in our mid/late 40's Peak T...and ok have managed to repair some damage ..but what about these young guys...what choices other than HRT?.. if your deperssed and low T at 20 where does it leave you at 40 plus...is it possible that your T levels can actually react better to all the other options on here cause you are younger?...someone must know the answer..

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2012, 10:13:53 pm »