Quantcast

Author Topic: 22 Year Old With Low Testosterone (First Post!)  (Read 34176 times)

feelgood

• View Profile
Re: 22 Year Old With Low Testosterone (First Post!)
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2012, 09:45:25 pm »
no problem YoungGun....yeah, i have no idea if your prolactin level means you're not a good candidate for Clomid...but yeah i would definitely ask.

i'm really hoping it works for me. Like i said, only just over two weeks in, but i feel some subtle shifts (that i hope are not just placebo-like). I get the sense i've had low T for a really long time (i just blew if off for years, and i didn't have too many symptoms besides kind of a crummy libido), so i think this is going to take awhile to reverse what has become "norm" for my body.

YoungGun22

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2012, 10:55:26 pm »
Hello Forum!

I have finally made progress with the Endocrinologist!! Last week I had more levels checked (testosterone levels, prolactin levels, thyroid, etc.). Also, my Endo looked into the MRI I had for my pituitary, which came back normal.

My total testosterone level came back even lower at a "whopping" 187 ng/dl on a range of 250-950. Also, my Prolactin came back at, what he referred to as, "normal level" of 13 on a 2.5 to 17 range.

Therefore, he has decided to start me on testosterone replacement therapy, which I could not be more thrilled about! He discussed that gels were the best option, and I could either directly apply a gel or use a patch. We decided a patch of Androderm was the best option. He said there were two dosing level: A lower level of 2 mg dosage and 4 mg. Since I am younger, he wanted to skip the lower dosage and go straight for the 4 mg to help solve such low testosterone levels.

I was just wondering what the Forum and PeakT thought of the treatment option! I will be looking to start the treatment by the end of the week. Anyone have great results with the Androderm 4 mg patch? Side effects? How long until I feel like a new man?

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2012, 10:55:26 pm »

spiderman

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2012, 11:27:53 pm »
Well done young gun...Great you have decent doc to now to put you on the road to recovery...

IMO..and I'm sure most will agree..he is doing the right thing for you starting you at the higher dosage as your levels are so low..Will be fasinating for all to follow your progress on here...
It sounds to me like you should see some big improvements fairly quickly..but over to you Peak T..

The very best of luck with the treatment and remember take lots of the rest of the good stuff like Vits etc to!...

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2012, 12:25:53 am »
Congrats.  Some men get skin irritation, rashes, etc., so you'll just have to see how you do on it.
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2012, 12:25:53 am »

feelgood

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2012, 02:37:46 am »
congrats on getting on a good plan...let us know how things progress.

Envious1320

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2012, 07:32:57 am »
Congrats, really enjoyed reading this post and the progress. Lets me know what I have to expect going forward as I have my MRI scheduled for this Thursday. My doc made the same mistake of doing it with no contrast luckily they called me and changed it before I actually had it done.

YoungGun22

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2012, 03:10:32 pm »
Looks like I spoke too soon...

Just when we finally made it through the process... I showed up to pick up my prescription for Androderm 4mg, and it cost over $400 for a month supply because my shitty insurance does not cover it. I called the insurance today and it turns out they do not cover anything of the likes (androderm, testim, androgel, etc.). I feel completely lost and even more miserable now than ever before... Any thoughts on what can be done?

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2012, 04:49:22 pm »
Sheesh!  What do they cover then? 

Anyway, you can always compound.  It's much, much cheaper and usually your doctor will know a good compounding pharmacy:

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Compounding_Testosterone

Read here for some of the details.
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

YoungGun22

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2012, 07:22:54 pm »
...They covering nothing that falls under the testosterone replacement therapy... I honestly can't believe it. I am waiting to hear back from the Endo in the next few hours to see where to go from here

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2012, 08:40:04 pm »
Compounding should be less per month than you're probably spending on supplements...

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2012, 08:40:04 pm »