Quantcast

Author Topic: Pregnenolone/dhea/hcg lowered my progesterone!!!  (Read 5509 times)

timmy11

• View Profile
Pregnenolone/dhea/hcg lowered my progesterone!!!
« on: November 17, 2016, 01:18:58 am »
So,,,, I have been taking 20mg dhea and 30mg pregnenolone in a compounded tablet through defy medical.  Also, taking HCG 250units EOD.  Then, .10ml Tcyp EOD. 
 My dhea went up to 293 from 170.  That's good maybe want to go higher though.  My progesterone though went from .4 to .1!!!! This seems crazy.!!! I will be consulting with Defy soon.  I am waiting on other labs for Testosterone total and free.  Any thoughts on this!! I am thinking Dr saya will raise my dhea and put me on straight progesterone pills or cream??!! Thxx. PS.  I am tapering off clonazepam as well during all this.  It's been slow and painful, but just wanted to add that!!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 01:21:52 am by timmy11 »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Re: Pregnenolone/dhea/hcg lowered my progesterone!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2016, 01:40:31 am »
So,,,, I have been taking 20mg dhea and 30mg pregnenolone in a compounded tablet through defy medical.  Also, taking HCG 250units EOD.  Then, .10ml Tcyp EOD. 
 My dhea went up to 293 from 170.  That's good maybe want to go higher though.  My progesterone though went from .4 to .1!!!! This seems crazy.!!! I will be consulting with Defy soon.  I am waiting on other labs for Testosterone total and free.  Any thoughts on this!! I am thinking Dr saya will raise my dhea and put me on straight progesterone pills or cream??!! Thxx. PS.  I am tapering off clonazepam as well during all this.  It's been slow and painful, but just wanted to add that!!

Can't explain that one.  Let us know what happens.
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2016, 01:40:31 am »

Kierkegaard

• Hormone Shrink
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2016, 02:11:55 am »

Could be a complicated example of a false correlation.  What really might be happening is your progesterone from pregnenolone is indeed going up -- albeit maybe by not much, YMMV -- but your higher demand for stress provided more cortisol, sucking up the extra progesterone exogenously given by pregnenolone.  Given that you've had issues with high cortisol and low progesterone in the past, I'd say this is a reasonable possibility. 

The question is what the stressor is.  Maybe it's the increase in norepinephrine from lowered GABA because you're tapering off a benzo.  But since you had this same high cortisol/low progesterone deal before tapering, it might be something else -- something you might not have pinned down yet. 

On a much more complicated note, I wonder if there are any supplements you can take to slow down the enzymes that convert progesterone to cortisol, 21 hydroxylase and 11B-hydroxylase. 
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 02:22:41 am by Kierkegaard »
"The same thing that makes you live can kill you in the end." -- Neil Young

March 2014: Dx low T (158ng/dl)
September 2015: Dx hypothyroidism, other adrenal hypofunction
2016: chronic fatigue, unspecified

Depression and anxiety guide: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Help_Anxiety_Depression

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2016, 06:07:42 am »

Also, read about "pregnenolone steal." 
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2016, 06:07:42 am »

electrify

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2016, 07:04:34 am »
Are these the same Progesterone tests? Asking bc the labcorp range for progesterone suddenly changed 2 months ago.

timmy11

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2016, 10:54:40 am »
Are these the same Progesterone tests? Asking bc the labcorp range for progesterone suddenly changed 2 months ago.
Yes, from Labcorp.  My labs are about 8 months apart so the range may have changed.  But the value of it still went down .

timmy11

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2016, 02:16:56 pm »
The range did change from 0.0-0.1 for progesterone!!! Does this mean the value of my lab went up still?? Not sure if I understand it totally!!!

electrify

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2016, 04:56:41 pm »
The range did change from 0.0-0.1 for progesterone!!! Does this mean the value of my lab went up still?? Not sure if I understand it totally!!!

No clue I just brought it up since I noticed that on my lab the range changed. I have no idea how it translates/converts to the old test.

timmy11

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2016, 07:08:25 pm »

No clue I just brought it up since I noticed that on my lab the range changed. I have no idea how it translates/converts to the old test.
On the old lab ranges I was stuck at 0.4!  I have no idea how this all translates? Am I at the top of the range now?? I assume so!

farshad04

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2017, 12:59:10 am »
yeah  benzo reduce progesterone do some googling .

electrify

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2017, 05:11:33 am »
yeah  benzo reduce progesterone do some googling .

Yea this is true my prog levels went down as well as cortisol in benzo wd. Came up after though.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2017, 05:11:33 am »