Quantcast

Author Topic: Introduction, Axiron Fail and questions about what to expect  (Read 16236 times)

TheWife

• View Profile
TRT Makes Me Feel Angry And Aggressive!!!
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2013, 09:04:54 pm »
Ken thanks for your replys. We are just trying to figure out which would be the best option for us. We are not opposed to testopel but we thought it might be nice to get the levels right with injections first so we would know how much he requires before we commit to a certain dose for several months.

When we went to Doc #1 a year ago we wanted testopel but he wanted axiron. That Failed!

We went to Doc #2 last week after moving to a new area and we really liked him, He ran appropriate tests and offered us all of the options when it comes to delivery methods but did say he recommends testopel. But he seemed very proactive in his treatment methods and expressed a desire to optimize testosterone and E2 levels. However he was over an hour and a half away and suggested we see his friend and colleague who is located closer to us.

We saw Doc #3 (the colleague) today and He is only offering Testopel. He refused to give injectables. He stated they are the worst option because you can only take one every 2-4 weeks and that causes the levels to go way up high and then come crashing down. I asked him about giving the shots at 1 week intervals and he told me you can't do that. because the overlap causes the levels to go too high.

When I asked him how often he would be monitoring the E2 he said he doesn't monitor that because it doesn't make any difference. I told him it can cause gyno and low libido and even ED and that men can feel just as bad if this is too high as when T is too low and he didn't seem to believe me. He said if we insist he can order a test for it but would not be willing to treat the high E2 if it happens. He is going to see us back in one month after the testopel is approved by the insurance. And when my husband expressed disappointment at having to wait even longer to get any kind of treatment The doctor said well you have already been dealing with it this long so whats a few more weeks???

I am definitely feeling RAGE with this whole business. And unsure about what to do...
I would like to go back to Doctor #2 but it is such a long drive, more time off of work and geez the price of gas. But we want to be treated properly too.

We did discuss letting Doc #3 implant the testopel and have him test for E2 when he pulls testosterone and if its high go back to the other doctor but I just don't want to give this guy our money if he isn't working for us.

I know no one can really make this decision except us but I needed to vent and it would be nice to hear what others would do in the same situation.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Re: TRT Makes Me Feel Angry And Aggressive!!!
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2013, 12:09:04 am »
Ken thanks for your replys. We are just trying to figure out which would be the best option for us. We are not opposed to testopel but we thought it might be nice to get the levels right with injections first so we would know how much he requires before we commit to a certain dose for several months.

When we went to Doc #1 a year ago we wanted testopel but he wanted axiron. That Failed!

We went to Doc #2 last week after moving to a new area and we really liked him, He ran appropriate tests and offered us all of the options when it comes to delivery methods but did say he recommends testopel. But he seemed very proactive in his treatment methods and expressed a desire to optimize testosterone and E2 levels. However he was over an hour and a half away and suggested we see his friend and colleague who is located closer to us.

We saw Doc #3 (the colleague) today and He is only offering Testopel. He refused to give injectables. He stated they are the worst option because you can only take one every 2-4 weeks and that causes the levels to go way up high and then come crashing down. I asked him about giving the shots at 1 week intervals and he told me you can't do that. because the overlap causes the levels to go too high.

When I asked him how often he would be monitoring the E2 he said he doesn't monitor that because it doesn't make any difference. I told him it can cause gyno and low libido and even ED and that men can feel just as bad if this is too high as when T is too low and he didn't seem to believe me. He said if we insist he can order a test for it but would not be willing to treat the high E2 if it happens. He is going to see us back in one month after the testopel is approved by the insurance. And when my husband expressed disappointment at having to wait even longer to get any kind of treatment The doctor said well you have already been dealing with it this long so whats a few more weeks???

I am definitely feeling RAGE with this whole business. And unsure about what to do...
I would like to go back to Doctor #2 but it is such a long drive, more time off of work and geez the price of gas. But we want to be treated properly too.

We did discuss letting Doc #3 implant the testopel and have him test for E2 when he pulls testosterone and if its high go back to the other doctor but I just don't want to give this guy our money if he isn't working for us.

I know no one can really make this decision except us but I needed to vent and it would be nice to hear what others would do in the same situation.

If he says you can only give injections every 2+ weeks, this shows that he does not understand injections imo.

The reason he says that estradiol does not work is simply because he has not tried it.  His reasoning goes like this:  "I put my guys on Testopel and half of them do great and love it.  The other half just have other issues and the extra testosterone does not help."  What he does not realize is that if he tried the E2 therapy that his success rate would go up even higher.

Another thing, as I mentioned, is that Testopel doesn't really lend itself as well to Arimidex because you would only need it for the first month or so I would guess.  If he played around with it, he could figure out an optimal pattern but most urologist just do not know much about estradiol from what I have seen.

One last comment:  to leave a man with high estradiol is very irresponsible imo, especially from a urologist who should know the many links that elevated estradiol has with poor prostate health and so on.  But I'm not here to slam doctors:  they have saved my life more than once.

One last thing:  remember that you must sometimes really work at finding a doc.  In my case it literally took years.  Now things have really changed, so you should not have to go through that.  But it really takes a lot of digging/phone calls/asking around, etc.  It can be painful.  And sometimes you have to choose a doc, imo, that is pretty good but not great and then start looking around for the really knowledgeable doc.
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

Re: TRT Makes Me Feel Angry And Aggressive!!!
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2013, 12:09:04 am »

Quincy

• View Profile
Re: Introduction, Axiron Fail and questions about what to expect
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2013, 02:59:15 am »
Doc 3 has some major gaps in his knowledge ofTRT.. Not someone you want long term. Doc 2 sounds like he has potential but is a long ways away. You could use him for now to get some immediate relief and ask him to show you how to self inject. It's not hard.

Then look for someone local and knowledgeable and switch to him.
56yo, Pre  T level 239
Previous dosage 180mg T.cypionate weekly BW @ 1056 on 7th day of cycle
Previous dosage 100mg T.cypionate weekly BW @   414 on 7th day of cycle

Current dosage  140mg T.cypionate weekly

TheWife

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2013, 05:37:02 pm »
PeakT and Quincy

Thank you for your replies.
We have had some time to reflect and discuss the situation now that I have calmed down a little. I think we both know that doc #2 should be our choice. He just felt right. I don't know how else to describe it. And even the fact that he would lose us a patient to send us to a closer doctor was extra points for him. We felt like he cared.

We travel with my husbands job so we are almost never in our home state but where we actually live is very rural and if we were at home we would have to drive 1 hour to go to a doctor or walmart or even the grocery store so an hour and a half is doable if he is the right doctor.

So I will call Doc #2s assistant Monday to ask a few more questions and then most likely schedule another appointment with him. Hopefully closer than a month away. Because we are sick and tired of feeling sick and tired.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2013, 05:37:02 pm »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2013, 07:06:11 pm »
PeakT and Quincy

Thank you for your replies.
We have had some time to reflect and discuss the situation now that I have calmed down a little. I think we both know that doc #2 should be our choice. He just felt right. I don't know how else to describe it. And even the fact that he would lose us a patient to send us to a closer doctor was extra points for him. We felt like he cared.

We travel with my husbands job so we are almost never in our home state but where we actually live is very rural and if we were at home we would have to drive 1 hour to go to a doctor or walmart or even the grocery store so an hour and a half is doable if he is the right doctor.

So I will call Doc #2s assistant Monday to ask a few more questions and then most likely schedule another appointment with him. Hopefully closer than a month away. Because we are sick and tired of feeling sick and tired.

Great attitude.  Remember that low T usually won't kill you overnight, so you have some time.  The key thing is that you are making progress...
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2013, 07:06:11 pm »