Quantcast

Author Topic: Vitamix and Smoothie Questions  (Read 12637 times)

Blade78

• View Profile
Vitamix and Smoothie Questions
« on: March 26, 2013, 09:01:46 pm »

Yeah, it would be a full time job.

I leave it in my smoothie.  Just giving you more health geek information than you can shake a stick at.  Basically, the spinach can bind calcium, so if you're getting calcium at other times, then it's probably not that big of a deal.

that's a questionI sorta have

I use vitamix to make smoothies, which are filled with whatever veggies I'd never ever eat(I added brussel sprouts to the stuff recently)
1  I make at least one batch of stuff(broccoli/spinach/brussel sprouts/rice protien/ organic apples/carrots/distilled water) I then try to get it all down to make at another batch, so I have 2  aday,
I rarely clean it... I do run a wet towel in it and get 95% of all the stuff out of it, but why clean it 100%?  I see no point?

2 If I can't drink it all at once, I'll leave it sit and fcome back to it later(it stays cold, as I dont use heat in my home)  I will mix it via the vitamix(which it sits in) the only issue I have with that is BPA leeching from the vitamix pitcher
it says its BPA free, but I've seen this--any thoughts?
http://www.naturalhealth365.com/science_news/bpa.html
Here’s the problem with the new BPA-free bottles: they may contain biodegradable plastic substitutes (BPS), or other similar toxic chemicals that have NOT been mentioned by the manufacturers. BPS appears to have similar hormone-mimicking characteristics, which are similar to BPA. Do you think we should wait for an industry study for safety results?
“Don’t you feel good when you go to the gym?’ Not at all. There’s too many people in-shape there. When I go to McDonald’s I feel great. At McDonald’s I’m Matthew McConaughey.” --Jim Gaffigan - Mr. Universe

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Re: Vitamix and Smoothie Questions
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 09:54:26 pm »

I use vitamix to make smoothies, which are filled with whatever veggies I'd never ever eat(I added brussel sprouts to the stuff recently)
1  I make at least one batch of stuff(broccoli/spinach/brussel sprouts/rice protien/ organic apples/carrots/distilled water) I then try to get it all down to make at another batch, so I have 2  aday,
I rarely clean it... I do run a wet towel in it and get 95% of all the stuff out of it, but why clean it 100%?  I see no point?
Here's a trick that my wife taught me.  I don't where she learned it, but I would guess she read the instruction manual.

Just rinse out the container; fill it with warm water; put a couple of drops of dish soap in it; blend briefly. 

Then you just rinse out the blender and it's cleaner than a whistle, whatever that means.

2 If I can't drink it all at once, I'll leave it sit and fcome back to it later(it stays cold, as I dont use heat in my home)  I will mix it via the vitamix(which it sits in) the only issue I have with that is BPA leeching from the vitamix pitcher
it says its BPA free, but I've seen this--any thoughts?
http://www.naturalhealth365.com/science_news/bpa.html
Here’s the problem with the new BPA-free bottles: they may contain biodegradable plastic substitutes (BPS), or other similar toxic chemicals that have NOT been mentioned by the manufacturers. BPS appears to have similar hormone-mimicking characteristics, which are similar to BPA. Do you think we should wait for an industry study for safety results?
That I don't know about.  I can only tell you that I've been using it non-stop for months and I haven't grown a third nut.  No, I agree with you that the safest route would probably be to go with a commercial stainless steel blender, but you have to choose your battles and this one is pretty low risk compared to all the other toxins we have.  That's my take on it anyway.
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 09:54:26 pm »

Blade78

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 10:23:34 pm »

Here's a trick that my wife taught me.  I don't where she learned it, but I would guess she read the instruction manual.

Just rinse out the container; fill it with warm water; put a couple of drops of dish soap in it; blend briefly. 

Then you just rinse out the blender and it's cleaner than a whistle, whatever that means.

got it

That I don't know about.  I can only tell you that I've been using it non-stop for months and I haven't grown a third nut.  No, I agree with you that the safest route would probably be to go with a commercial stainless steel blender, but you have to choose your battles and this one is pretty low risk compared to all the other toxins we have.  That's my take on it anyway.
I am now using a glass pitcher, so i make the concoction, then pour it into a glass pitcher, where it gets stored or eaten
This reduces time in the plastic container as much as I can..
I did try to just put the unmixed ingredients into the pitcher and use a spoon to stir it REALLY REALLY FAST.....the consistency wasnt the same as when I use the vitamixer...more likely I shouldnt play in the kitchen
“Don’t you feel good when you go to the gym?’ Not at all. There’s too many people in-shape there. When I go to McDonald’s I feel great. At McDonald’s I’m Matthew McConaughey.” --Jim Gaffigan - Mr. Universe

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2013, 04:21:30 am »

I did try to just put the unmixed ingredients into the pitcher and use a spoon to stir it REALLY REALLY FAST.....the consistency wasnt the same as when I use the vitamixer...
Thus proving you're not a superhero.
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2013, 04:21:30 am »

JackAndy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2013, 12:43:21 pm »

I did try to just put the unmixed ingredients into the pitcher and use a spoon to stir it REALLY REALLY FAST.....the consistency wasnt the same as when I use the vitamixer...
Thus proving you're not a superhero.

My neighbors would kill me if I fired up a 14HP Briggs'n'Stratton American fire mixer at seven in the morning. Our walls literally have no insulation and our paper thin. I have to cook like a ninja.
5'11" 190 lbs
150mg Test-E/week

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2013, 03:57:28 pm »

My neighbors would kill me if I fired up a 14HP Briggs'n'Stratton American fire mixer at seven in the morning. Our walls literally have no insulation and our paper thin. I have to cook like a ninja.

I assume getting cussed out in Japanese is as unpleasant as it is in English, eh?

Well, you could always go the slow cooker route?

JackAndy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2013, 12:50:55 am »
I assume getting cussed out in Japanese is as unpleasant as it is in English, eh?

Well, you could always go the slow cooker route?

Maybe we should have a community blender at the town square like how they have community ovens in Afghanistan for cooking bread.
5'11" 190 lbs
150mg Test-E/week

Blade78

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2013, 01:29:54 am »

I like you think of others.
See, I live in a cheaply constructed condo that shares walls with it's neighbors(both sides), so  I hear whenever the baby's are fussing
Compared to how it was before, this is a lot better. My kid neighbor(26yo) would have a 2am GAME TIME with his  XBOX and massive speakers/woofers that would rattle his neighbors(me and a guy who also played Xbox the same way)
This has changed; he doesnt do that anymore.   Maybe because he realizes how he annoys everyone(me, since Ive told him) around him OR he has a baby?  hmmm  I dunno,

Blade78

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2013, 08:38:26 pm »
I'm so impressed with my vitamix
I now have an ongoing "recipie" that I use
1lb broccolli
1 large handful organic spinach
1+ cup of mixed berries
3-6 brussel sprouts
splash of POM juice
splash of cherry tart juice
splash of cranberry juice
2 heaping spoonfuls of Rice protein
1 tomato---yes, I just toss in a clean, whole tomato

Mix for about 3-5 minutes
drink
I do this 2x a day as what Dr Blaylock says in his book
health and nutrition secrets
http://www.amazon.com/Health-Nutrition-Secrets-Russell-Blaylock/dp/0929173481
"if you eat whole vegetables and fruit, you get about 30% of the available nutrients, if you blenderize or juice the same fruits and vegetables, you allow up to 90% absorption"
He also says
you should eat 10 servings of fruits/veggies
if you can't at least get 5 servings, you arent likely getting any benifet from the fruits/veggies

this greatly surprised me, and I'm so full from eating all this veggies(ie drinking from my vitamix) that I dont have room for junk food..;

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2013, 09:16:54 pm »
Dang!  I didn't think anyone would ever beat me at blending, but you did it!

No, I wish every guy would ask questions about how to use and how he is using his blender instead of supplements.  What most guys don't realize - and this is probably my fault - is that this is much more powerful than any supplement, especially if you give yourself a few days or weeks.  Just the nitrates alone are gold.

Blade78

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2013, 04:59:17 am »
Dang!  I didn't think anyone would ever beat me at blending, but you did it!

No, I wish every guy would ask questions about how to use and how he is using his blender instead of supplements.  What most guys don't realize - and this is probably my fault - is that this is much more powerful than any supplement, especially if you give yourself a few days or weeks.  Just the nitrates alone are gold.

I admit, I dont really know what nitrates  are, but in reading your book and pages, they are just fuel to make NO. 
I'm really curious to see my next blood test, to see my total cholesterol, LDL/HDL ratio.  I am curious to know see how long until I'll get my numbers where I want them.   I say numbers and not how I feel because I am already  feeling pretty dang good.
Please understand that growing up, I rarely ate veggies unless my parents forced me to.
in 2002, I started reading BODY FOR LIFE and I would eat  3 servings of broccoli a day!(about 1/4of a lb.
When I bought my vitamix in 2012, I went to a pound a day of broccoli.
reading more about how good fruits and veggies are for me, I currently eat 2 lbs of broccoli, 4 fists full of spinach, mixed berries,organic blueberries, mango,  and other veggies and fruits.
in 2002, my total cholesterol was great around 120.
Back then I was eating veggies by nuking them, adding mustard/hot sauce and using a fork to eat them.
I didnt like them, I dont know how well I chewed them(chewing allows the veggie to be absorbed)

The difference in my life has been the vitamix,  I add tons of nearly frozen veggies,  the vitamix chews them for me, I am left with a dark purple(from the berries) drink that doesn't taste badly and I get all kinds of nutrition.
I had 2 FULL tomatoes today, and I have never eaten a tomato, not even a slice of one.  but I TOSS IN A FULL TOMATO AND THE VITAMIX DOES THE REST!

what are nitrates?
-Nitrites and nitrites can turn can be converted into Nitric Oxide.  discussed more here
http://www.peaktestosterone.com/BeetRoot_Juice
what foods have nitrates in them?
-green leafy vegetables along with lettuce, carrots, radishes, turnips, beets, and  beetroot juice.

So I want more Nitric Oxide(NO) in the body to help prevent plaque formation and  helps with erections; got it!

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2013, 05:23:39 am »
The key thing about eating nitrates is that it is an alternate pathway for nitric oxide to be created if you have a damaged endothelium.  I don't know how much kick you'll get from it since you're a young pup, but it will almost for sure help protect your endothelium so you don't end up like me and also help with your exercise session.

Btw, the spinach you are eating has a lot of them and I think you wrote you're doing two of those per day, so you're in good shape.

Raw spinach does bind to Calcium so you may want to just have that once/day.

Comment:  Some researchers were worried that consuming nitrates of any form would lead to cancer-causing nitrosamines.  However, there is zero evidence that this occurs when eating vegetables.  Dr. Bryan discusses this at length in his book.

Blade78

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2013, 11:00:58 pm »
Dr Blaylock says in his book
 also to use several herbs, which I add to my vitamix recipe, some of which I've gotten from here and I'm unsure about
1.  beetroot juice
you say to drink this stuff to help increase nitrates, I've found beetroot powder..I was told it was the same thing, but Im not sure.

2 Tumeric powder--something from BlayLocks book
3-garlic-(not much as this can make the whole shake pretty vile)
4-I'll add more when I use them and read more to know what to use/why...I add this now because I know that there are  food additives I can be missing and need on my style of eating.

I now have an ongoing "recipe" that I use
1lb broccolli
1+ cup of mixed berries
3-6 brussel sprouts
splash of POM juice

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2013, 03:37:00 am »
Dr Blaylock says in his book
 also to use several herbs, which I add to my vitamix recipe, some of which I've gotten from here and I'm unsure about
1.  beetroot juice
you say to drink this stuff to help increase nitrates, I've found beetroot powder..I was told it was the same thing, but Im not sure.

2 Tumeric powder--something from BlayLocks book
3-garlic-(not much as this can make the whole shake pretty vile)
4-I'll add more when I use them and read more to know what to use/why...I add this now because I know that there are  food additives I can be missing and need on my style of eating.

I now have an ongoing "recipe" that I use
1lb broccolli
1+ cup of mixed berries
3-6 brussel sprouts
splash of POM juice

The herbs are great.  Many spices are really packed with good stuff as well. 

You'll know when you get enough nitrates in there:  it'll pump you up from about an hour later to about four hours.  I also feel it is actually "curative", not based on any study but based on observation...

Blade78

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2013, 07:22:21 am »
The herbs are great.  Many spices are really packed with good stuff as well. 

You'll know when you get enough nitrates in there:  it'll pump you up from about an hour later to about four hours.  I also feel it is actually "curative", not based on any study but based on observation...
what does a "curative" feeling feel like?

I ask because I drink 2 shakes a day, one in the morning 5-7am and one at about 4pm.
I am feeling full and everything is feeling good
I still have stress, I dont have a steady GF, so I'm not having as much sex as Id like or as I can do.
but other aspects of my life are coming together, even in the midst of taxes..

one noteworthy issue happened that should have pissed me off or stressed me out, but didnt, was I got pulled over at 530am.  I was going to the gym and I was .2miles from my home and I got pulled over
I got  ticket for not having my Tags up-to-date.
Later after spending an hour at the DMV that day, in line, I asked why I didnt get a reminder letter, as I have in the past.   I was told they don't always send out letters and that I should watch my plates
well, how was I supposed to know?  I am used to them sending me a letter, I got my new tags(about 3 minutes, as I have everything neatly filed/paidup),  but I will fight this fine in court...not that the cop nor the online ticket system could tell me how much the fine is...but aside from me wasting my time then, getting a ticket and going to the DMV, and attempting to look up the fine..if this is the biggest stressor in my life,  I gotta be doing pretty great.
Maybe all those nitrates help, or maybe the abs I'm seeing in my stomach have gotten me happy,
  We all know that half of performance is self-confidence and looking better can help dramatically.
http://www.peaktestosterone.com/CoQ10_Sex
 or maybe its cause I have a hot date next
week
(Regardless, studies show that just the anticipation of sex in animals will increase testosterone levels)..
http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Sex

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2013, 07:22:21 am »