Quantcast

Author Topic: 1 week into TRT and levothyrox, huge water retention and injection pain  (Read 4122 times)

shay9219

• View Profile
 hey guys i was put on TRT had my first shot this week 250mg enthanate IM in the quad
I also take levothyrox 50daily since monday

I am an athlete and have been unable to run since the morning after my shot due to pains in my quads and have also been dealing with huge water retention in my lower stomach

I am looking for advices on both of those issues,

Thank you in Advance

Sighalot

• View Profile
Re: 1 week into TRT and levothyrox, huge water retention and injection pain
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2016, 10:31:07 pm »
250mg every 14 days? is a pretty bad protocol because T varies much over time, most prefer injection once or twice a week for a more even T level also pain can be an issue if an injection is done IM to fast.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2016, 10:31:07 pm »

shay9219

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2016, 03:10:06 am »
250mg every 14 days? is a pretty bad protocol because T varies much over time, most prefer injection once or twice a week for a more even T level also pain can be an issue if an injection is done IM to fast.
Actually 125 every 14 days
You mean release the product more slowly?

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2016, 06:56:47 pm »
hey guys i was put on TRT had my first shot this week 250mg enthanate IM in the quad

I am an athlete and have been unable to run since the morning after my shot due to pains in my quads and have also been dealing with huge water retention in my lower stomach

Thank you in Advance

A few comments/questions:

1.  As stated above, more frequent smaller volume injections will help.

2.  You can also go subQ.  This will cause no muscle soreness whatsoever, because the injection does not even hit the muscle.  What is your bodyfat %?  I'm asking for a reason.

3.  You do not have to inject into the gluts.  The delts, for example, is another common site for IM (intramuscular).
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2016, 06:56:47 pm »

kcrunner

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2016, 08:40:44 pm »

Thank you in Advance

Try using a 25 gauge needle (at least a 23 gauge).   Split the injections into 125 mg a week rather than 250 mg every 2 weeks.   Make sure you relax the muscle before injecting and there will be no pain or soreness.

I am an avid runner and regularly lift as well.   I self inject in the gluteus medius 100 mg test cyp a week.   I am on levothyroid as well, 125 mcg a day. 

You will put on a little water weight while on TRT.   However, by injecting less testosterone more frequently, you should be retaining much less water.   If anything, a little more water retained in the muscles improves strength and performance. 
Height: 6,1
Weight: 180
Total Testosterone: 829 ng/dl
Free Testosterone: 22 ng/dl
Current Meds:  Levothyroxine 175mcg, Testosterone Cyp Intra-Muscular 100 mg every 5 days.
Supplements-
Multivitamin
Magnesium
Vitamin D
B Complex
Fish Oil

shay9219

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2016, 08:45:09 pm »

Thank you in Advance

A few comments/questions:

1.  As stated above, more frequent smaller volume injections will help.

2.  You can also go subQ.  This will cause no muscle soreness whatsoever, because the injection does not even hit the muscle.  What is your bodyfat %?  I'm asking for a reason.

3.  You do not have to inject into the gluts.  The delts, for example, is another common site for IM (intramuscular).

I will try 125 every week
Subq in the Lower stomach ?
I was 7% bf before starting levothyrox enthanate and hcg
12% a week after this is why I'm a bit freaking out

I did the first IM in the quad

shay9219

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2016, 08:47:23 pm »

Thank you in Advance

Try using a 25 gauge needle (at least a 23 gauge).   Split the injections into 125 mg a week rather than 250 mg every 2 weeks.   Make sure you relax the muscle before injecting and there will be no pain or soreness.

I am an avid runner and regularly lift as well.   I self inject in the gluteus medius 100 mg test cyp a week.   I am on levothyroid as well, 125 mcg a day. 

You will put on a little water weight while on TRT.   However, by injecting less testosterone more frequently, you should be retaining much less water.   If anything, a little more water retained in the muscles improves strength and performance.
Isn't levothyroid supposed to help lost weight
I've gained 8lbs in a week that's why I'm freaking out I have became so puffy so quickly I went from 6 pack to being skinny fat

kcrunner

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2016, 08:49:14 pm »

If you are going with 125 mg a week, you need to be injecting IM.   Just make sure you use a 23 or 25 gauge needle and relax the muscle and there will not be pain issues.

Also, you did not gain any body fat in a week.  Your subcutaneous fat is just looking bigger because it has more water in it.   Hydration levels effect those body fat scanners greatly.   

Watch your salt intake and see if your doctor will pull estradiol levels for you.   If its high hopefully they will prescribe an AI.   Otherwise, you could just order it in liquid form from a lab supply.   
Current Meds:  Levothyroxine 175mcg, Testosterone Cyp Intra-Muscular 100 mg every 5 days.
Supplements-
Multivitamin
Magnesium
Vitamin D
B Complex
Fish Oil

kcrunner

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2016, 08:52:05 pm »

Thank you in Advance

I've gained 8lbs in a week that's why I'm freaking out I have became so puffy so quickly I went from 6 pack to being skinny fat

You are not gaining any fat.   Its just water weight.   If you went out for a 10 mile hot and humid run you would come back with the same 6 pack you had a week ago.

I know exactly what you mean.   When I started TRT, they had me on 200 mg a week for the first 8 weeks (then 100 mg a week afterwards).   I lost my 6 pack almost instantly due to the higher water retention.   However, once I was down to 100 mg a week the water retention went way down and my abs were back.   Moreover, the 8 weeks at 200 mg a test a week, coupled with hard training, resulted in me gaining some muscle. 
Supplements-
Multivitamin
Magnesium
Vitamin D
B Complex
Fish Oil

shay9219

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2016, 09:26:36 pm »

If you are going with 125 mg a week, you need to be injecting IM.   Just make sure you use a 23 or 25 gauge needle and relax the muscle and there will not be pain issues.

Also, you did not gain any body fat in a week.  Your subcutaneous fat is just looking bigger because it has more water in it.   Hydration levels effect those body fat scanners greatly.   

Watch your salt intake and see if your doctor will pull estradiol levels for you.   If its high hopefully they will prescribe an AI.   Otherwise, you could just order it in liquid form from a lab supply.
Where is a good Tuto for self IM injection?
Glute or quad is better?
So drink an lot and where can I order an AI

shay9219

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2016, 09:28:19 pm »

Thank you in Advance

You are not gaining any fat.   Its just water weight.   If you went out for a 10 mile hot and humid run you would come back with the same 6 pack you had a week ago.

I know exactly what you mean.   When I started TRT, they had me on 200 mg a week for the first 8 weeks (then 100 mg a week afterwards).   I lost my 6 pack almost instantly due to the higher water retention.   However, once I was down to 100 mg a week the water retention went way down and my abs were back.   Moreover, the 8 weeks at 200 mg a test a week, coupled with hard training, resulted in me gaining some muscle.
So my last question is
The enthanate comes in ampules of 250
Can I split the dosage in 2seringues and store one of them in a dark place for A week without it becoming unsafe ?

cujet

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2016, 01:00:05 pm »
Levothyroxine will not likely help you lose weight or help water retention. It's just T4, the non active thyroid hormone. The body must convert it to T3, the active hormone.

T3 (cytomel) has a half life that is very short, about 4.5 hours. But it is the active hormone, so weight loss likely requires T3 done properly. I don't convert T4 to T3 well at all. I've been considering going on a T3 only protocol.

Yes, the vials of T will last.

By the way, I retain plenty of water if I inject more than 80mg per week.
58 years old
Autoimmune Hashimoto's, near zero natural T production
Cause: severe mononucleosis in my early 30's
Weight 235 and climbing despite eating far less
Height 5' 10"
180mg NPthyroid (natural desiccated pigs thyroid)
Labs (Oct 2017) , my T=730, TSH 0.03, T3+T4 mid-range normal.
Prednisone 10mg/day (no ACTH, dangerously low cortisol)

10% compounded creme. T=725, which feels just right.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2016, 03:48:35 pm »

Where is a good Tuto for self IM injection?
Glute or quad is better?

Gluts are tricky with IM - hard to do by yourself.  You have to be a yoga master to get the right angle.

Delts are a common alternative - you may need a little shorter needle though.  Check out this page:

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/forum/index.php?topic=4587.60
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2016, 03:48:35 pm »