Quantcast

Author Topic: Safe Processed Foods  (Read 4617 times)

Blade78

• View Profile
Safe Processed Foods
« on: July 27, 2012, 06:49:49 pm »
I'm tempted to make a new thread

FOODS YOU CAN EAT THAT HAVE NO SATURATED FATS

I read on this site that saturated fat is evil and I only look for foods with no saturated fat,

maybe I can eat saturated fat and it wont  matter much as long as I am losing weight(caloric deficit), I am not sure, so I just want foods that people eat that have no saturated fat

I think Popcorn has saturated fat, even the air popped kind.
“Don’t you feel good when you go to the gym?’ Not at all. There’s too many people in-shape there. When I go to McDonald’s I feel great. At McDonald’s I’m Matthew McConaughey.” --Jim Gaffigan - Mr. Universe

Blade78

• View Profile
Re: Safe Processed Foods
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 03:56:25 am »
I can't find a way to search for Threads I've made, so I think there is a better thread to add this to then this thread

I saw the daily show with Michael Moss plugging his book, Salt Sugar Fat: How the Food Giants Hooked Us,

and while the interview was sad because there was no mention of what really hooks a person, the MSG etc. 
I couldn't find a transcript,
http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-episodes/tue-march-26-2013-michael-moss

the most interesting part of the interview was about the researchers/lab guys who design the food...they don't eat the food

Who else makes stuff, but doesn't use it?  Drug dealers(never use your own stash is their motto)
“Don’t you feel good when you go to the gym?’ Not at all. There’s too many people in-shape there. When I go to McDonald’s I feel great. At McDonald’s I’m Matthew McConaughey.” --Jim Gaffigan - Mr. Universe

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 03:56:25 am »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 05:05:14 am »
I'm tempted to make a new thread

FOODS YOU CAN EAT THAT HAVE NO SATURATED FATS

I read on this site that saturated fat is evil and I only look for foods with no saturated fat,

maybe I can eat saturated fat and it wont  matter much as long as I am losing weight(caloric deficit), I am not sure, so I just want foods that people eat that have no saturated fat

I think Popcorn has saturated fat, even the air popped kind.

Everyone needs some saturated fat.  Even Esselstyn has some saturated fat every day.  Remember that a Low Fat Diet is about 10% fat.  So if you eat 2500 calories, about 250 calories will be fat or a little under 30 grams.  And of those 28, 29 grams of fat, several grams of that will be saturated. 

So saturated fat is not pure evil, but imo the gross overconsumption of it due to modern livestock methods is.

So I think your thread should be foods with low saturated fat....
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Blade78

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 07:26:29 am »

Everyone needs some saturated fat.  Even Esselstyn has some saturated fat every day.  Remember that a Low Fat Diet is about 10% fat.  So if you eat 2500 calories, about 250 calories will be fat or a little under 30 grams.  And of those 28, 29 grams of fat, several grams of that will be saturated. 

So saturated fat is not pure evil, but imo the gross overconsumption of it due to modern livestock methods is.

no, I don't want foods that have saturated fats.
See, I get plenty of saturated fats everywhere else. Im taking 5-10grams of omega-3s a day(brain injury etc), which is lots of saturated fat, I eat popcorn and I eat my caco stuff.

but really, Ive been looking for a "safe" processed foods and I find some that are low fat(no saturated fat) but Ive stopped looking. which is why I have this list in case someone finds something....that I am not aware of existing that has no saturated fat.

I eat fruit, eggwhites, rice powder, popcorn,  make potatoes and eat my vitamix drinks(tons of veggies) and Im sure I get saturated fat in there also, bananas?  so I'm good to go, Im pretty good at saying what I want.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 07:26:29 am »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 01:58:07 pm »

no, I don't want foods that have saturated fats.
See, I get plenty of saturated fats everywhere else. Im taking 5-10grams of omega-3s a day(brain injury etc), which is lots of saturated fat, I eat popcorn and I eat my caco stuff.

but really, Ive been looking for a "safe" processed foods and I find some that are low fat(no saturated fat) but Ive stopped looking. which is why I have this list in case someone finds something....that I am not aware of existing that has no saturated fat.

I eat fruit, eggwhites, rice powder, popcorn,  make potatoes and eat my vitamix drinks(tons of veggies) and Im sure I get saturated fat in there also, bananas?  so I'm good to go, Im pretty good at saying what I want.

Yeah, but you have to be careful imo, because a lot of other people will read this.  How many people take that many omega-3s?  Not too many.  A few of them will truly think all saturated fat is evil, so I was just clarifying.

And, sure, the grains, legumes, beans vegetables and fruits have very little saturated fat, so anything with those is about as low as you're gonna get in saturated fat. 

Vegetables with that Trader Joe bean dip is almost zero fat and it's low calories.  I eat a ton of baby carrots at night to keep from getting hungry. 
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 02:00:14 pm by PeakT »
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Blade78

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2013, 04:28:41 pm »

Yeah, but you have to be careful imo, because a lot of other people will read this.  How many people take that many omega-3s?  Not too many.  A few of them will truly think all saturated fat is evil, so I was just clarifying.

And, sure, the grains, legumes, beans vegetables and fruits have very little saturated fat, so anything with those is about as low as you're gonna get in saturated fat. 

Vegetables with that Trader Joe bean dip is almost zero fat and it's low calories.  I eat a ton of baby carrots at night to keep from getting hungry.
you know which groups ate a diet high in saturated fat? A few, including, but not limited to, the Decepticons, Nazis, The Empire(vader loved twinkies), Alfred E Newman, Tim Mcveigh, Lance Armstrong, and my Dad.

so saturated fats may not be "evil", but I want a snack to munch on at night that has no fat, so now I'm gonna keep this list as stuff with no fat and I'm gonna start eating baby carrots.

I'll save extra .45/lb and buy organic carrots I need to cut myself...although considering I have a bag of those in fridge that's been there since the Carter Administration, prolly not.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2013, 05:17:21 pm »

you know which groups ate a diet high in saturated fat? A few, including, but not limited to, the Decepticons, Nazis, The Empire(vader loved twinkies), Alfred E Newman, Tim Mcveigh, Lance Armstrong, and my Dad.

And the Pukapuka.  (Say that three times fast.)  So be careful there, mate:

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/FatChance

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2013, 05:17:21 pm »