Quantcast

Author Topic: My training and diet for body fat loss  (Read 87216 times)

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Re: My training and diet for body fat loss
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2013, 10:15:52 pm »

My basal Metabolic rate is 1845 Calories.

I think my calories are way too high for me to be losing bodyfat.

1845 w/o all the lifting or with?
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

JackAndy

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2013, 02:52:42 am »
About the basel metabolis rate... it's almost impossible to calculate this because of individual variations. The best way is to measure your fat loss over a week. If you're not losing weight, you need to cut more calories. If you are losing weight, make sure it's 1-2 lbs per week. Any faster than that and you'll start to lose too much muscle too. That's the best way to tweak your calories.
5'11" 190 lbs
150mg Test-E/week

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2013, 02:52:42 am »

msr1981

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2013, 08:47:38 am »
1845 is without any lifting. I don't understand what the Basel Metabolic rate is used for, but I'm suspecting this is something to do with maintenance.

JackAndy

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2013, 11:37:32 am »
lol msr you have some interesting observations in your log.

Feeling hot? Maybe it's a good thing because your metabolism was higher.
5'11" 190 lbs
150mg Test-E/week

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2013, 11:37:32 am »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2013, 01:44:04 pm »

0755 to 0830 - Went for a run. After the run I felt very hot and this heat stayed with me until today. I had to sleep with my underpants on because of the heat. Also, I was coughing out some phlegm. Didn't feel good after the run.
Careful of overtraining.  One of the first signs of overtraining?  Nasty immune responses.  It also can cause troublesome hormonal responses:  cortisol changes, for example, can lead to fevers and so on.

Exercise is great, but you're doing this in a low carb environment with not many nutrients/antioxidants/antiinflammatories.  So this could be the issue.

My penis feels really drained.
Whoa!
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

msr1981

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2013, 03:27:51 pm »

msr1981

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2013, 03:42:46 pm »
Body measurements as of 16th April 2013:
Neck - 16 inches (measured at the bottom of the neck). No change from previous measurement.

Chest - 39 inches (measured at the widest part which was at the top). Previously, the measurement was 40 inches.

Arms - 14 inches left, 14 inches right. I have at least 3 inches of fat on my arms, like bingo wings. When I tensed the biceps the results were the same.
My arms are still flabby/bingo wings. Lost 0.6 inch from my left arm.

Belly - 39 inches (measured just below the navel). Previous measurement was 41.5 inches

Hips - I had trouble measuring this because one person says measure from the widest part of your glutes and some say at the hip bone.

Hip bone measurements - 38 inches. This was taken from the top of the bone, which was very hard to find because of the fat. Previous measurement was 39 inches.

Mid point of the glutes - 40 inches. Previous measurement was 41.5 inches

Penis - Didn't waste time measuring my penis due to my age. If I was super young again, like 11-15, I would have measured every 6 months. Who know I could have joined team Jamaica if I did that. Anyway, no change in flaccid size.

Thighs - 22.5 inches both left and right. Very little fat. Previous measurement was 24.5 inches

Calves - 14.5 inches both left and right. No definition. Very little fat. Previous measurement was 15 inches.

I'm concerned about the two inches I've lost on my thighs because I don't have much fat there and the majority of my mass is from my lower body. I don't know whether my Lean mass is still the same. I'll find out on Friday and will post the results.

I measured my body fat via calipers and it came to 26.2%. When I weight myself on Friday I'm hoping to see the same because I would know that both weighing machine and calipers are accurate.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2013, 03:55:58 pm »

Penis - Didn't waste time measuring my penis due to my age. If I was super young again, like 11-15, I would have measured every 6 months. Who know I could have joined team Jamaica if I did that. Anyway, no change in flaccid size.

Good night man!  And you're worried about getting a girl?  Just kidding, but forget about size.  Get your hardness factor up.  As hardness factor goes up, you achieve your maximum length and the rigiditiy is what counts in the bedroom most anyway.  And, most importantly, it's a sign of good health. 

antony

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2013, 06:15:25 am »
i drink honey lemon with warm water everyday first thing in the morning. It's  improved my metabolism and i feel active. Also, having water in the morning kick starts our internal organs. google it's benefits. And as far as i know coffee can be dehydrating. Jogging after that on an empty stomach might affect your muscle growth. This is just from my experience. Let me know how it goes

Blade78

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2013, 12:32:29 pm »
i drink honey lemon with warm water everyday first thing in the morning. It's  improved my metabolism and i feel active. Also, having water in the morning kick starts our internal organs. google it's benefits. And as far as i know coffee can be dehydrating. Jogging after that on an empty stomach might affect your muscle growth. This is just from my experience. Let me know how it goes
anything to back up any of those "facts"?
everything is dehydrating, that's why you drink water
“Don’t you feel good when you go to the gym?’ Not at all. There’s too many people in-shape there. When I go to McDonald’s I feel great. At McDonald’s I’m Matthew McConaughey.” --Jim Gaffigan - Mr. Universe

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2013, 03:38:55 pm »

Good night man!  And you're worried about getting a girl?  Just kidding, but forget about size.  Get your hardness factor up.  As hardness factor goes up, you achieve your maximum length and the rigiditiy is what counts in the bedroom most anyway.  And, most importantly, it's a sign of good health.
well said
if only there was a webpage to tell me how to accomplish getting the rigidity increased......oh well heres somethin'
http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Neuropathy_Remedies

I do have a page where I summarized this, but the site has gotten so big stuff gets buried:

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Endothelial_Dysfunction

msr1981

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2013, 08:36:42 pm »
Hi guys, I've been ill since last week and didn't train or eat much. I started again today and this is what I did. I'm not happy about the program and would love to hear your suggestions.

21st April 2013

Leg Extensions (warmup) - I didn't know how to use the machine and no one in the gym didn't want to show me what to do so I gave up on this one.

Squat - 25kgs/10reps. 50kgs/8reps. 75kgs/6reps.
             I used a machine for this exercise and loaded the weights on the sides. I was unable to use barbell because someone else was using the rack so I didn't                     want to waste anymore time.

Standing Leg Curl (Alternate) - 7.5kgs/10. 10 kgs/10reps. 12.5kgs/8 reps.

This was the first time I used this and I realised that my Hamstrings are not that strong. I wanted someone to see if I was doing this correctly but no one was interested.

Standing Calf Raises - bar7/13. Bar 8/11.

For some reason I struggled with this. Don't know why.

Incline Dumbbell Press - 6kgs/15. 10kgs/10. 12.5kgs/8

I didn't know whether I had the correct sitting arrangement. I moved the seat so that it was at an 45 degree angle. I think it should be at around 30 degrees.  Again, no was was able to check on me. Struggled on the last set.

Dumbbell Flyes - 8kgs/10 reps. 10kgs/10 reps. 14kgs/4reps.

Really found the last set tough. I think I was doing this correctly because I haven't done this exercise since 2011. I start with my elbows bend and move the dumbbell out until I feel a stretch in the chest.

Lat Pulldowns - 25kgs/8reps. 40 kgs/8reps. 45 kgs/6.

Seated row - bar3/10. Bar 4/9.

Used a different machine and found this to be harder than the previous machine I used.

Standing overhead press - 10kgs/10 times 2

I believe that one of the dumbbells was broken. I mean that there was half a weight plate broken so I don't know whether to read into what I did today.

Shrugs - 25 kgs dumbbell 10 reps times 2.

Standing Bicep Curl - 10kgs dumbbell 10 reps. 12.5kgs dumbbell 5 reps, dropped back to 10 kgs and managed 5 reps.

Bench dips - 20 and 14 without any added weight.

Tricep pushdown - Had problems to do this exercise. I was told that the elbows are suppose to be tucked in you body and push the bar down.

Overall I'm not happy with the new program and would appreciate your comments.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2013, 09:12:58 pm »
What are you dissatisfied with? 

msr1981

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2013, 09:15:04 pm »
The whole thing to be honest. I wanted to split the bodyparts into 3/4 days. Also, I'm having problems with Triceps and upper body

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2013, 09:30:51 pm »
I wanted to split the bodyparts into 3/4 days.

What's stopping you?  Don't understand.

Also, I'm having problems with Triceps and upper body

Problems?

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2013, 09:30:51 pm »