Quantcast

Author Topic: Low Test-started clomid  (Read 8108 times)

Boxcar

• View Profile
Re: Low Test-started clomid
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2017, 11:15:16 pm »
LowTestDude, sorry for the confusion.  Yes, your E2 definitely went up.  67 pg/ml seems high for the sensitive test, although that range (20-47) is higher than I have seen for the sensitive test.  Which lab did you use? 

What Cat said is exactly right.  Clomid has two chemicals in it:

1) Enclomiphene, which raises tesosterone (by blocking certain estrogen receptors, resulting in higher LH).  There seems to be diminishing returns, in terms of clomid dosage (ie, 50 mg/day does not give double the testosterone production of 25 mg/day).  As with many testosterone-boosting therapies (including TRT), the boost in testosterone causes E2 to go up, and an AI can be used to control this. 

2) Zuclomiphene, which is a synthetic estrogen.  Some guys can not tolerate this at all, while others feel fine at 50 mg/day.  The amount of zuclomiphene in your body is based totally on your dosage.   For this reason, lower doses that result in a "good enough" boost in testosterone seem to be what works best for men.  Or in other words, finding the lowest effective dose of clomid seems to be particularly important.

In sum, the E2 boost from enclomiphene can cause issues, as can the zuclomiphene.  The first can be controlled with an AI (or other approaches to lowering estrogen) while the second can only be controlled only by lowering your dose.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 11:22:05 pm by Boxcar »
178 lbs 5'8''

Current Treatment: 50 mg testosterone cypionate IM, twice a week
Low T Symptoms: Chronic pelvic pain, and other neuropathic pain.  Mild anxiety, low energy and low motivation
Meds: Amitriptyline (for pain, not depression), Clonidine (for sleep, not blood pressure)

LowTestDude

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2017, 05:02:41 pm »
So is it ok to leave the E2 as it is -67  pg/ml , (20  pg/ ml above the lab range)

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2017, 05:02:41 pm »

Cataceous

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2017, 06:32:00 pm »
So is it ok to leave the E2 as it is -67  pg/ml , (20  pg/ ml above the lab range)

I think most guys and their doctors would not be comfortable leaving E2 that high indefinitely, even in the absence of symptoms. Take a look at PeakT's page on some of the possible risks: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Estradiol_HDL
I am not a medical doctor; any suggestions are meant to be discussed with your doctor.
Protocol: 3.2 mg TE subQ qd, 2.4 mg TP subQ qd, 20 mcg GnRH subQ 5.25x/d, 6.25 mg DHEA bid, 12.5 mg enclomiphene qod
Approximate levels (peak): TT: 700 ng/dL, E2: 30 pg/mL, DHEA-S: 300 ug/dL, SHBG: 30 nMol/L

LowTestDude

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2017, 06:55:06 pm »
Thanks..

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2017, 06:55:06 pm »

Boxcar

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2017, 03:22:41 am »

I think most guys and their doctors would not be comfortable leaving E2 that high indefinitely, even in the absence of symptoms. Take a look at PeakT's page on some of the possible risks: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Estradiol_HDL

Looking at your signature, your E2 is over range by the same percentage that his is.  Are you concerned by that?
178 lbs 5'8''

Low T Symptoms: Chronic pelvic pain, and other neuropathic pain.  Mild anxiety, low energy and low motivation
Meds: Amitriptyline (for pain, not depression), Clonidine (for sleep, not blood pressure)

Boxcar

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2017, 03:25:43 am »
LowTestDude, you might want to start a new thread during the week (lots more activity then) with this specific issue in the title.  There have to be some guys with similar E2 levels that they have experience treating.  It also might help to know the lab (in addition to the range you provided), since there may be variation in the tests.
178 lbs 5'8''

LowTestDude

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2017, 10:35:01 am »
Boxcar, I'm from Turkey,  so the lab is a local one here, but  it is one of the major reliable labs here .
I m thinking about starting arimidex at a low dose ( 0.25 mg twice a week?? ) to see if anything changes when it comes to libido, morning wood etc. And I can have another another blood work done in a month or two.

Cataceous

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2017, 01:38:12 pm »
Looking at your signature, your E2 is over range by the same percentage that his is.  Are you concerned by that?

Somewhat. I believe it's come down a little since that test. After a discussion with Dr. Saya I first tried some CDG, but may have had side effects, so am on plan B, which is downward titration of the hCG dose.
I am not a medical doctor; any suggestions are meant to be discussed with your doctor.
Protocol: 3.2 mg TE subQ qd, 2.4 mg TP subQ qd, 20 mcg GnRH subQ 5.25x/d, 6.25 mg DHEA bid, 12.5 mg enclomiphene qod
Approximate levels (peak): TT: 700 ng/dL, E2: 30 pg/mL, DHEA-S: 300 ug/dL, SHBG: 30 nMol/L

Boxcar

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2017, 02:00:10 am »
Boxcar, I'm from Turkey,  so the lab is a local one here, but  it is one of the major reliable labs here .
I m thinking about starting arimidex at a low dose ( 0.25 mg twice a week?? ) to see if anything changes when it comes to libido, morning wood etc. And I can have another another blood work done in a month or two.

If you do, let us know if it helps.  Your experience might help someone else.
178 lbs 5'8''

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2017, 02:00:10 am »