Quantcast

Author Topic: diabetes and plant based diets  (Read 7547 times)

Regulus

• View Profile
Re: diabetes and plant based diets
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2017, 10:19:14 pm »

Right ... *I* was the one who threw in all the off-topic jibber-jabber  ... right ....

wasnt implying that anyone threw the topic off, just that this isnt the place for that line of whatever you want to call it

go start a new thread since that topic interests you, right?

8)

"at any rate, I dont know any differences between a vegetarian and a vegan except emotional ones
Ive seen this movie called LION KING and it has a song "circle of life" and we are top of the food chain and we can eat whatever we want, cause we can
If you die in your house, your cat or dog, etc will eat you...are they "bad" cause they ate you?
nah
we are animals, we eat other animals"

I agree that the discussion probably should center on the health aspects of veg*n diets, but it was not I who decided to take it elsewhere.  It's kind of rich that you of all people appoint yourself the relevance police.

Go easy on me, bro.   Those of us who didn't do our PhD's at Berkeley sometimes just aren't smart enough to see the strict nutritional relevance of basing one's moral compass on Elton John songs, hackneyed jokes about bad hunters, or the ghoulish prospect of being eaten by one's pets.

It's a general rule that if you don't want a conversation to go someplace, you don't take it there.   You don't get to say "I'm only interested in discussing the nutritional aspects of plant-based diets, and this is not the place for anything that veers the least bit off that topic.   Now, here's why veganism is morally silly."   

As the kids say, ROFLMAO.

I'm going to continue to post in this thread because it interests me, but feel free to ignore me, as will I you henceforth.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 01:41:39 am by Regulus »
Late 40's, on TRT since 2011.
Test cyp 50 mg twice per week
Vegan and loving it since late 2015

Regulus

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2017, 10:28:31 pm »

I'm inclined to agree but despite my inclinations there's quite abit of evidence that fully plantbased (i.e. vegan) makes a significant difference.   Dr Greger keeps pointing to more and more evidence of that.

Since there are multiple other reasons and since I've actually come to prefer eating entirely vegan I don't invest all that much energy in figuring it out.   Once you get past the barrier of it being different it's actually not especially difficult and rather enjoyable.

Well, I was just going by the studies.  I'm sure you've seen the recent one where vegan, pescatarians and vegetarians were all neck-in-neck. But it could be that a well done plant-based diet could be the ultimate - I hope so!

Yeah, Peak, I'm rather confused by the studies.   Common sense says to me that someone who is pescatarian but 98% plant based should be darn close to vegan in terms of health benefits.   I mean, even if fish, eggs and dairy aren't the best stuff for you in the world, it's not like they are horrible toxins.   Maybe in large quantities they're awful, but the dose makes the poison.

I don't know which exact study you are referencing, but I have seem plenty like it.

What baffles me is Dr Greger.   He certainly has his point of view, but I haven't found him to be ever dishonest about it.   He keeps citing studies that show big differences from omnivore to vegetarian, and then another big leap from vegetarian to vegan.  Things like a miraculous leap from eating one egg a week to zero eggs a week.    Too good to be credible differences ... how much harm can one egg possibly do?   And yet the science is there.   And yet there is other contradictory science.

Obviously there's something going on, but I don't know what.

I do think it is clear that there's no harm and at least some benefit in going heavily if not entirely plant-based, and so if one is so inclined for whatever reason, it's not a bad thing.  I'm not aware of any credible science that shows that one is worse off for going plant-based (unless you're a "beer and chips" vegan.)
Late 40's, on TRT since 2011.
Test cyp 50 mg twice per week
Vegan and loving it since late 2015

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2017, 10:28:31 pm »

Retardo

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2017, 07:03:32 am »

I agree that the discussion probably should center on the health aspects of veg*n diets, but it was not I who decided to take it elsewhere.  It's kind of rich that you of all people appoint yourself the relevance police.

Go easy on me, bro.   Those of us who didn't do our PhD's at Berkeley sometimes just aren't smart enough to see the strict nutritional relevance of basing one's moral compass on Elton John songs, hackneyed jokes about bad hunters, or the ghoulish prospect of being eaten by one's pets.

It's a general rule that if you don't want a conversation to go someplace, you don't take it there.   You don't get to say "I'm only[/i] interested in discussing the nutritional aspects of plant-based diets, and [this is not the place[/b][/i] for anything that veers the least bit off that topic.   Now, here's why veganism is morally silly."   

As the kids say, ROFLMAO.

I'm going to continue to post in this thread because it interests me, but feel free to ignore me, as will I you henceforth.
dude, you have high test, right?
use it then
if you dont think yourself a god who can self-appoint himself whatever the fk he feels like, id figure out whats wrong
you learn the rules, then you learn how to exploit the rules

you think any girl is going to try to have sex with you?  no, you have to have sex with them, girls play D

same with anything else, you dont wait for someone to tell you, you do what you want and they tell you to  stop, etc

sheesh
nothing new there
"general rule"?"??
whiat the F are youtalking about?
oh wait,//////
dont care....

I done with this thread, post in it all you want, its all yours, "henceforth"   LOLZ dang  harvurd edumaction, eh"  LOLZ

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2017, 06:59:17 pm »

I'm inclined to agree but despite my inclinations there's quite abit of evidence that fully plantbased (i.e. vegan) makes a significant difference.   Dr Greger keeps pointing to more and more evidence of that.

Since there are multiple other reasons and since I've actually come to prefer eating entirely vegan I don't invest all that much energy in figuring it out.   Once you get past the barrier of it being different it's actually not especially difficult and rather enjoyable.

Well, I was just going by the studies.  I'm sure you've seen the recent one where vegan, pescatarians and vegetarians were all neck-in-neck. But it could be that a well done plant-based diet could be the ultimate - I hope so!

Yeah, Peak, I'm rather confused by the studies.   Common sense says to me that someone who is pescatarian but 98% plant based should be darn close to vegan in terms of health benefits.   I mean, even if fish, eggs and dairy aren't the best stuff for you in the world, it's not like they are horrible toxins.   Maybe in large quantities they're awful, but the dose makes the poison.

I don't know which exact study you are referencing, but I have seem plenty like it.

What baffles me is Dr Greger.   He certainly has his point of view, but I haven't found him to be ever dishonest about it.   He keeps citing studies that show big differences from omnivore to vegetarian, and then another big leap from vegetarian to vegan.  Things like a miraculous leap from eating one egg a week to zero eggs a week.    Too good to be credible differences ... how much harm can one egg possibly do?   And yet the science is there.   And yet there is other contradictory science.

Obviously there's something going on, but I don't know what.

I do think it is clear that there's no harm and at least some benefit in going heavily if not entirely plant-based, and so if one is so inclined for whatever reason, it's not a bad thing.  I'm not aware of any credible science that shows that one is worse off for going plant-based (unless you're a "beer and chips" vegan.)

Well, if there is a connection it will probably have to do with gut health.  For example, perhaps TMAO?  Or gut flora?
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2017, 06:59:17 pm »